- Universiteit van Ottawa
Universiteit van Ottawa
Die Universiteit van Ottawa is die grootste tweetalige (Engels-Franse) universiteit in die wêreld. Geleë in die hart van kapitaal Kanada se, Ons het geredelike toegang tot die groot instellings van ons land. Ons vooruitgang in die sosiale wetenskappe, gesondheid, wetenskap en die geesteswetenskappe te maak uOttawa 'n unieke plek om te leer, groei en presteer.
Oor die komende dekade, die Universiteit van Ottawa sal die launch van sleutel-inisiatiewe wat direk verband hou met sy kernwaardes.
- Om studente in die middel van ons opvoedkundige missie
- Sodat ons personeel om te groei as individue en as 'n groep
- Die skep en deel van kennis
- Die bevordering van tweetaligheid en die bevordering van Franssprekende gemeenskappe
- Praktiserende en die bevordering van 'n etiek van diens en burgerlike verantwoordelikheid
- More than 40,000 studente, 5,000 werknemers en 180,000 alumni
- More than 450 programme in 10 fakulteite
- 97% koers werksgeleenthede vir gegradueerdes
- Naby aan $60 miljoen per jaar in studentegetalle studiebeurse
- Eerste en grootste Franse onderdompeling program onder Kanadese universiteite
- 'N belangrike ekonomiese krag in die Nasionale Capital Streek
- Grootste wet skool in Kanada
skole / kolleges / departemente / kursusse / fakulteite
- Aboriginal Studies
- Canadian and Aboriginal Studies
- Centre for Research on French Canadian Culture
- Classics and Religious Studies
- General BA
- inligting Studies
- Institute for Science, samelewing, and Policy
- Medieval and Renaissance Studies
- Moderne Tale en Letterkunde
- Official Languages and Bilingualism Institute
- Second Language Teaching
- Translation and Interpretation
- Vered Jewish Canadian Studies
- Visual Arts
- World cinemas
- Siviele reg
- Common Law
- Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Siviele ingenieurswese
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Meganiese ingenieurswese
- Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
- Health science (interdisciplinary)
- Human Kinetics
- Nutrition Sciences
- rehabilitasie Wetenskappe
- Ottawa-Shanghai Joint School of Medicine
- MD Program (Undergraduate Medical Education)
- Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Program
- MD/PhD Program
- Postgraduate Medical Education Program
- Continuing Medical Education
- Biochemie, Mikrobiologie en Immunologie
- Cellular and Molecular Medicine
- epidemiologie, Public Health and Preventive Medicine
- Innovation in Medical Education
- medisyne (Department)
- Verloskunde en Ginekologie
- Patologie en Laboratorium Geneeskunde
- Chemistry and Biomolecular Sciences
- Aarde en Omgewingswetenskappe
- Wiskunde en Statistiek
- Sosiale wetenskappe
- Feminist and Gender Studies
- International Development and Global Studies
- politieke Studies
- Public and International Affairs
- Maatskaplike werk
- Sociological and Anthropological Studies
- Telfer School of Management
- Executive MBA
- Menslike hulpbronbestuur
- International Management
- Management Information Systems (WAT)
- Master in Business Admin.
- Master of Health Admin.
The university was established on 26 September 1848 as the College of Bytown by the first Roman Catholic bishop of Ottawa, Joseph-Bruno Guigues. He entrusted administration to the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate. The college was originally located in Lower Town, housed in a wooden building next to the Notre-Dame Cathedral Basilica. Maar, space quickly became an issue for administrators, triggering two moves in 1852 and a final move to Sandy Hill in 1856. The Sandy Hill property was donated by Louis-Theodore Besserer, where he offered a substantial parcel from his estate for the college. The college was renamed College of Ottawa in 1861, following the city’s name change from Bytown to Ottawa. in 1866, the college received its first charter, as well as university status, making it the final institution in Canada to receive a Royal Charter from London before the British North America Act, 1867 made education a provincial responsibility. deur 1872 the university had already begun to confer undergraduate degrees, with master’s degrees coming in 1875 and doctoral degrees in 1888. op 5 Februarie 1889, the university was granted a pontifical charter from Pope Leo XIII, elevating the university to a pontifical university.
The university faced a crisis when fire destroyed the main building on 2 Desember 1903. After the fire, the university hired New York architect A. die. Von Herbulis to design its replacement, Tabaret Hall. It was among the first Canadian structures to be completely fireproof, built of reinforced concrete. Women first enrolled in 1919.
In die val van 1939, a Canadian Officer Training Corp was established at the university, with training beginning on in January 1940. The Canadian Officers’ Training Corps, University of Ottawa Contingent, which comprised a company, headquarters and three platoons in 1939, was authorized to become a battalion in 1940. deur 1941, the unit swelled to 550 men. An air force Officers’ Training Corp was created in 1942 and a naval Officers’ training corp in 1943. Participation in one of the three corps became mandatory for all students over 18, although they were not obliged to participate in the actual war at the end of their studies. Gedurende hierdie tyd, the Royal Canadian Air Force used parts of the university’s grounds for training and the university constructed barracks to house members of the Canadian Women’s Army Corps. in totaal 1,158 students and alumni of the university enrolled the Canadian Forces during the Second World War, waarvan 50 died overseas. The unit was eventually disbanded during the unification of the Armed Forces in 1968.
The Ottawa architecture firm of Burgess, McLean & MacPhadyen designed the Eastern Ontario Institute of Technology (later to merge with the Ontario Vocational Centre and renamed Algonquin College), opened its new Rideau Campus on a 12-acre city owned Lees Avenue site in 1964. After being unused for a number of years, the midcentury academic complex was sold to the University of Ottawa in January 2007.
The university was reorganized on 1 Julie 1965 as a corporation independent from any outside body or religious organization, becoming publicly funded. As a result, the civil and pontifical charters were transferred to the newly created Saint Paul University, federated with the corporation, while the remaining civil faculties were retained by the reorganized university.
in 1974, a new policy mandated by the Government of Ontario strengthened institutional bilingualism at the university, with specific instructions to further bilingualism and biculturalism and preserve and develop French culture.
in 1989, Dr. Wilbert Keon of the University of Ottawa Heart Institute performed the country’s first neonatal artificial heart transplant on an 11-day-old baby.
op 11 November 1998, during the University of Ottawa’s 150th anniversary celebrations, two war memorial plaques were unveiled in the foyer of Tabaret Hall which honour 1000 graduates of the university community who took part in armed conflict, especially the list of 50 graduates who lost their lives.
The engineering building, Col By Hall, was unveiled in September 2005 as a memorial dedicated to Lieutenant-Colonel John By, Royal Engineers.
Wil jy hê discuss University of Ottawa ? Enige vraag, kommentaar of resensies
Deel hierdie nuttige inligting met jou vriende
Join to discuss of University of Ottawa.
NEEM ASSEBLIEF KENNIS: EducationBro Magazine gee jou die vermoë om inligting oor universiteite gelewer by 96 tale, maar ons vra om ander lede respekteer en laat kommentaar in Engels.