- Zhytomyr State University
Zhytomyr State University
Zhytomyr State University adunay usa ka taas ug mahimayaon nga tradisyon nga makahawid kita ug dumaghan kamo karon. Kini milabay sa iyang malisud ug tunokong dalan, sa dalan gitiman-an pinaagi sa siyensiya ug sa edukasyon lawrel, prominenteng personalidad ingon man basihan nga mga akusasyon ug sa politika. Apan, bisan pa sa tanan nga mga babag, ang labing karaan sa Zhytomyr rehiyon institute sa mas taas nga edukasyon nagpadayon sa pagtrabaho ug sa pagpalambo sa nagkalain-laing mga porma nga gipahamtang sa mga awtoridad ug sa mga takos ideya sa siyensiya ug enlightment kanunay dominante diha niini.
Ang gamhanan nga potensyal sa sungkod sa pagtudlo, upgraded materyal ug teknikal nga suplay, modernong bag-o nga mga teknolohiya sa pagkat-on nga dugang pa sa iyang nagtubo sa usa sa mga labing inila sa edukasyon nga mga establisamento sa Ukraine. Ang labaw pa kay sa 80-ka libo ka mga kasundalohan sa mga graduwado sa mga buhat sa tanan nga mga nasikohan sa Ukraine ingon man sa gawas sa nasud. Lakip kanila mao ang mga bantog nga mga eskolar - matematiko, pisiko, biologo, geologist, batid sa pinulongan, mga historyano, mga magsusulat, managers sa edukasyon, diplomats, mga politiko ug mga numero sa estado. Tungod sa ilang mga kalihokan, research ug pagpanudlo kalampusan Zhytomyr State University kaayo bili dili lamang sa Ukraine apan usab sa halayo sa unahan sa mga utlanan.
Internasyonal nga Academic Rating sa pagkapopular ug kalidad miila sa unibersidad sama sa “Ang simbolo sa klasikal nga edukasyon”. ZSU nga gidayeg sa salapi medal “Himaya sa pagkamaunongon sa motherland”, kini mao ang naghupot sa salapi Stella ug sa diploma sa kalidad. Kalampusan sa sa unibersidad nga award sa honorary prizes sa prestigious ratings sa “Sofia Kyivska”, “Assembly sa negosyo nga mga bilog sa Ukraine”, Sa International Fund alang sa mga hatag-as nga kalidad nga sa negosyo (Geneva), Club sa mga Rectors sa Uropa ug nominating Committee sa European Business Assembly (Oxford).
Ang atong mga gradwado sa adunay dakong sukaranan nga kahibalo, mga flexible ug sa madali pagpasibo sa bisan unsa nga mga kausaban, makahimo sa pagtrabaho sa labaw pa kay sa usa ka occupational nga posisyon, pagmintinar sa composure sa ilalum sa walay kasiguroan ug sa hingpit nga kalibog -employers nakigbisog alang sa maong hataas nga-klase nga mga propesyonal.
Ang atong mga estudyante sa pagkuha sa tanan nga magtigum ang mga kinahanglanon sa modernong propesyonal nga modelo: lawom nga propesyonal nga kahibalo, computer sa paggamit sa mga kahanas, kahanas sa usa o duha ka mga langyaw nga mga pinulongan. kon gitinguha, mahimo sila og pipila ka mga patigayon (magtutudlo, secretary, computer operator, hairdresser, drayber, ug uban pa). Gikan sa unang mga adlaw sa mga estudyante sa unibersidad nga nalambigit sa research nga buhat, they continue education at master’s and postgraduate courses to receive PhD and DSc/DLett degrees in perspective. Scientific imbestigasyon sa atong mga graduwado tinahud sa ilang mga natad. Sila mao ang mga mananaog sa inila nga mga kompetisyon ug awards sa Presidente sa Ukraine ug sa kabinete sa mga ministro sa Ukraine.
Atol sa katapusan nga mga dekada 17 mga eskwelahan sa siyensiya, 20 siyentipikanhong mga sentro research, 30 pagsiksik sa siyensiya ug research methodological laboratoryo mitumaw. Mga siyentipiko sa unibersidad sa panahon sa lamang 2009-2013 nga gipatik sa labaw pa kay sa 15 ka libo ka mga sa siyensiya ug methodological buhat, midaog sa ibabaw sa kaluhaan ka grants alang sa siyentipikanhong mga imbestigasyon sa linguistics, psychology, pisika, Biology ug sa chemistry, ang tanan nga nagpamatuod sa intensive research buhat sa tanan nga 41 mga departamento. Ang unibersidad nagamantala sa 6 siyentipikanhong mga journal nga hatag-as nga mga posisyon sa taliwala sa Ukraine publikasyon.
Tungod sa pagsira sa siyensiya ug sa edukasyon nga koneksyon uban sa mga sentro sa unibersidad sa US, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, komyun sa Pransiya, Austria, Mexico, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Russia ug sa ubang mga nasud magtutudlo ug mga estudyante makaapil sa nagkalain-laing mga kompetisyon, pagpahigayon joint academic pagtuon, praktis, pagtuon ug sa pagpadayon sa ilang edukasyon sa gawas sa nasud.
Zhytomyr State University dili lamang naghatag sa sukaranan nga kahibalo, og gugma alang sa siyensiya ug sa edukasyon nga mga kalihokan, apan usab nagpakita sa sibilisasyon nga lebel sa rehiyon ug sa estado sa ingon sa usa ka bug-os nga. Usa sa mga bahin niini democratization ug humanization sa mga relasyon tali sa mga magtutudlo ug mga estudyante. unibersidad adunay awards nga sistema (“Labing maayo nga estudyante sa ZSU”, “Himaya sa ZSU”, “Ipapaghimaya empleyado sa ZSU”, “Ipapaghimaya Doktor sa ZSU”, “Inila Propesor sa ZSU”), nga naghatag og sa promosyon sa bisan unsa nga mapuslanon nga buhat sa mga estudyante ug mga magtutudlo alang sa kaayohan sa University, rehiyon ug sa estado ingon sa usa ka bug-os nga.
Natukod sa Zhytomyr State University sa Student Fellowship hiniusang uban sa administrasyon-organisar sa kinabuhi sa usa ka dalan nga walay usa sa mga labaw pa kay sa napulo ka libo sa unibersidad sa pamilya nagbarug gawas sa kultura ug sosyal nga kinabuhi sa kolektibo. dinhi, sa sentro sa gobyerno sa estudyante, sa kultura ug sentro sa edukasyon sa mga labing maayo nga mga bahin sa kinaiya, kahanas sa pagdumala sa, kultural ug matahum nga mga prinsipyo mga nag-umol. Ang atong mga estudyante editor ug sa mga reporter sa mantalaan ug estudyante sa radyo ug telebisyon, sa mga miyembro sa art clubs, amateur nga mga kalihokan sa art, mga batan-on sa social nga pag-alagad, legal nga klinika, career center, KVN teams, clubs, daghang clubs sports ug daghang uban pang mga butang, mga binuhat nga maayo ang-nga nailhan dili lamang sa Zhytomyr rehiyon, apan usab sa halayo sa unahan sa mga utlanan.
Karon Zhytomyr State University mao ang usa ka komplikado nga multy-structural sistema nga naglakip sa usa ka gidaghanon sa mga sa edukasyon, sa siyensiya ug industriya tinukod, inter-unibersidad research centers ug mga institute, sa daghan nga mga librarya, lokal nga computer network, obserbatoryo, agrobiostation, kan-anan, Café, buffets, pagmantala center, 5 dormitory ug modernong sports complex.
Far dili tanang unibersidad may sa mosunod nga mga posibilidad. Apan mas seryoso mao ang atong mga plano nga may kalabutan sa sa kalihokan sa mga European sa edukasyon nga luna, especially, tungod sa unibersidad sa pagdumala sa sistema sa informatization, pagtukod sa hapsay nga E-librarya, halapad nga access sa Internet, access sa mga internasyonal nga sistema sa mga librarya, layo nga edukasyon, siyensiya ug teknolohiya cluster, ug daghan pa.
Ang atong pagtulon-an mga kawani naglangkob sa mga propesyonal nga naghupot DSc / DLett, PhD degrees, nga nagtrabaho isip mga propesor, kauban propesor sa, lecturers ug mga instruktor. Sulod sa 95 ka tuig nga performance sa Zhytomyr State University nga hinutbaan magtutudlo kultura naporma. Mao nga kita adunay, adunay ug sa kanunay adunay Korolenkos, Napulo, Bondarchuks, Kasymenkos ...
Zhytomyr Ivan Franko State University ang masaligong pagbalhin ngadto sa umaabot nga. Pinaagi sa hiniusa nga mga paningkamot sa pundok sa mga magtutudlo, mga estudyante ug mga sungkod magpadayon sa paghimo University sa kasaysayan. Pagtudlo sungkod mao ang malaumon bahin sa umaabot nga tungod kay ang tanan nga rason alang sa pagsalig nga ang umaabot nga tuig ug dekada ang panahon sa bag-o nga paglalang kadaogan ug kalampusan. Karon ang atong unibersidad mao ang prestihiyosong, ugma kini mahimong usa sa mga labing inila nga, ug ang katungod sa pagtrabaho ug pagtuon adunay usa ka dakong dungog.
Admission process in Zhytomyr State University
Sanglit 2016 admission proseso sa Ukrainian unibersidad alang sa mga langyaw nga mga estudyante aviable pinaagi Ukrainian Admission Center.
For apply to Zhytomyr State University foreign students have to paggamit sa online pinaagi sa Ukrainian Admission Center.
Human sa pagsusi sa tanang mga detalye sa Admission Center, sila ipadala pagdapit sulat ngadto sa mga estudyante.
Uban sa pagdapit nga sulat sa mga estudyante mahimo sa labing duol nga embahada sa Ukraine ug student visa.
walay mga pasulit, TOEFL, IELTS gikinahanglan kon kamo aplikasyon pinaagi sa Ukrainian Admission Center.
Schools / Colleges / mga departamento / kurso / mga abilidad
- Educational and Research Institute of Foreign Philology
- Educational and Research Institute of Pedagogics
- Educational and Research Institute of Philology and Journalism
- Pundok sa mga magtutudlo sa Kasaysayan
- Pundok sa mga magtutudlo sa Mathematics ug sa Physics
- Pundok sa mga magtutudlo sa Natural Sciences
- Pundok sa mga magtutudlo sa Physical Education ug sa Sport
- Faculty of Social Psychology
- Center of Postgraduate Education and Pre-University Tutorial
- Department of Botany, Biological Resources and Conservation of Biological Diversity
- Departamento sa Chemistry
- Department of Ecology, Nature Management and Human Biology
- Department of Zoology, Biological Monitoring and Nature Conservation
- Department of Cross-Cultural Communication and Applied Linguistics
- Department of the English Language
- Department of English Philology and Translation
- Department of Foreign Languages and Modern Teaching Techniques
- Department of Germanic Philology and Foreign Literature
- Department of the World History
- Department of History of Ukraine
- Department sa Pilosopiya
- Department of Special Historical Disciplines and Law Studies
- Department of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science
- Department of Algebra and Geometry
- Department sa Physics
- Department of Mathematical Analysis
- Department of Labour Protection and Civil Safety
- Department of Aesthetics, Ethics and Fine Art
- Department of the English Language and Primary ELT Methodology
- Department of Linguistic Techniques and Culture of Professional Language
- Department of Music and Choreography with Methods of Teaching
- Department of Pedagogy
- Department of Pedagogy, Psychology and Educational Institutions Management
- Department of Preschool Education and Pedagogical Innovations
- Department of Didactic Linguistics and Literary Studies
- Department of Publishing, Editing, the Fundamentals of Journalism and Philology
- Department of the Slavic and the Germanic Languages
- Department of Theory and History of World Literature
- Department of the Ukrainian Language
- Department of Ukrainian Literature and Comparative Studies
- Department of Physical Education and Recreation
- Department of Medical and Biological Bases of Physical Education and Sport
- Department of Theory and Methods of Physical Education
- Department of Olympic and Professional Sports
- Department of Social Pedagogy and Pedagogical Skills
The beginning of the XX century was marked by the growth of the national consciousness of the Ukrainians and their striving to education, culture and self-knowledge. Foundation of the Central Council in Kyiv, Marso, 1917 led to the process of democratization of social life, dealing with the urgent social and cultural problems.
The local authorities began to solve the priority social problems. At the beginning of 1918 Volyn’ government in cooperation with the school council addressed the Ministry of Education of Ukraine to found a teachers’ training institute in Zhytomyr. The call was not heard due to the unstable political situation.
During the hetman regime in Zhytomyr it became known that a teachers’ training institute was relocated from Kishinev to one of the Ukrainian cities. Sa 1918 the local government addressed the Ministry of Education to transfer the institute to Zhytomyr. The local government promised to meet all requirements of the Ministry concerning finances, land for a new building, apartment renting. This try failed too.
A building for the institute was easily found. It was a building constructed in 1862 for Zhytomyr man gymnasium, which was closed in 1918. The complex consisted of a studying building, two stone wings, accessory buildings and a large garden. There was a small front garden with unique trees and a fountain in the center. The complex survived to our days, but it was reconstructed into the three-floor laboratory and educational complex № 1. In our days the university administration office, facility services and the Faculty of Physics and Mathematics are located there. In that time the complex possessed 9 lecture rooms and 23 rooms for practical and laboratory classes with general area of 920 square kilometers.
The pedagogical institute – the first institute in the Polesia region was opened exactly in that building on the 16 of October 1919. It inherited the gymnasium base, its library, museum, meteorological station. It was named Volynskyi, later Zhytomyr pedagogical institute.
Petro Nikadirovich Abramovich, an active public figure, sophisticated teacher, known specialist in folklore, ethnography and the Ukrainian language, was responsible for the organization of the pedagogical council – the highest administrative body of the institute. He headed the council and was elected the first head of the institute. The pedagogical stuff was made from the scientists, members of the Researchers’ Society of Volyn’. Among them were O.O. Fotinskyi – a historian, an author of the works in Ukrainian history, Ye.O. Nenadkevich – known specialist in languages and literature, he made different researches of the Shevchenko works; Ye.S. Brazhnikov, I.Yu. Smirnov, M.V. Yanevich – sophisticated scientists in the fields of pedagogics, art and languages. M.P. Kudritskyi was one of the first lecturers at the institute. He is a famous researcher of the Polesia nature, physicist and meteorologist. He worked at Korostishiv teachers’ seminary till 1901 tuig (there he wrote a book “Korostishiv Climate”, that took the third place at the international exhibition in Paris in 1900). 14 lecturers worked at that time. In a few days 9 more specialists were involved in the work. They were S.V. Bilskyi – a researcher of the Polisia mineral deposits, geologist; M.O. Puchkovskyi – a specialist of the pedagogical psychology, Yu.Yu. Bruher – a zoologist, O.H. Pozdnjakov – a chemist and biologist. Later the lecturers of the two-year pedagogical courses joined: a historian M.P. Ljatoshinskyi, a father of composer Boris Ljatoshinskyi, mathematicians S.S. Oliynik, A.Ye Oliynichenko, a specialist in literature – O.O. Richkov.
The pedagogical institute had historical and language, pisika ug matematika, geographical pre-school faculties, studying lasted 4 ka tuig. The institute council ratified principal of electivity of the lecturers stuff; considered and approved studying and work plans and programs, applicants’ requirements.
Irrespective of difficulties the local department of education and citizens of Zhytomyr helped and supported the founded institution. There was financial sustenance, books for the library, devices, musical instruments were gathered from different sources.
Shortly lecturer M.P. Kudritskyi, awarded for his achievements in meteorology by the Russian geographical society in 1895, organized physics class and launched meteorological observations. O.O. Fotinskyi – the first head of the Language and History faculty, established a cabinet of Ukraine and Volyn’ History.
Gradually cabinets and laboratories for Mathematics, Heyograpiya, zoology, Archeology, Ethnography, Pinulongan, and Literature classes were equipped.
On the 16 of October 1919 study started at such faculties: Language and History Faculty, Physics ug Matematika, Faculty of Nature and Geography.
53 students of the 2-year pedagogical courses, many teachers from the near-by villages, 5 gymnasium graduates and students from the other universities, in particular from Kyiv University were the first students of Zhytomyr institute. At that time it was possible to apply without a certificate of secondary education. There were interviews to find out the level of knowledge. The application term lasted for several months, at the beginning of 1920 350 people became students, but only 180 were actually studying.
The institute operated as pedagogical, but on the 10 sa Hunyo 1920 it was transferred into teachers’ institute by the order of the commissar of the Ukrainians People’s Republic government. Later all universities, teachers’ institutes, in particular Zhytomyr institute were reorganized into peoples’ education institutes.
Sa 1920 the Ministry of Education of the republic approved a statute of Volyn’ pedagogical institute, which was renamed Volyn’ peoples’ education institute the same year. Its aim was to prepare specialists for all levels, in particular preschool, school and out-of-school education. According to the statute the studying process lasted four years, but there was specialization within basic and special departments.
The first-year students studied at the basic, then – special department. The basic department was aimed to prepare workers and peasant who had gaps in their knowledge or incomplete secondary education. Studying at the basic department was general; it gave the opportunity to find students’ skills and talents for particular specialization.
There were constant changes of the head stuff of the institute. Sa katapusan sa 1920 the Council removed P.N. Abramovich from the head chair according to his own will. Mathematician M.A. Mihajlevich was appointed a new head on the 5th December the same year. He worked till the 15 Marso 1922. The head’s name during 1922-1923 is unknown. M.V. Yanevich – a famous teacher and philosopher – headed Volyn’ peoples’ education institute in 1924-1925 ka tuig. Sa 1925-1928 the institute was headed by Y.K. Konik, a graduate of Law Faculty, Lviv University. A graduate of Philology of the same University V.P. Hotsa headed the institute in February 1928-1933. He was a sophisticated person with profound knowledge of mother tongue and history and worked for many years in the field of education.
The first five years were dedicated to the searching of the new organization forms and educational methods. It was caused by the fact that the basic educational level was seven-year school. That’s why Ukrainian government passed the regulation about Social Education Faculty with three-year studying term to prepare teachers for seven-year schools and nursery schools. There were changes in the educational content and form: rapid reduction of lectures and growing number of laboratory works, seminar, and excursions. Great attention was paid to practical classes. One day per week was dedicated to practical classes. These innovations strengthened the institute-school links. On the other hand, reduction of the theoretical courses, implementation of the laboratory and research methods damaged general and theoretical ground of the graduates. One of the achievements was that such subjects as Ukrainian History, Language and Literature were obligatory at all faculties.
Zhytomyr October revolution evening faculty for workers was founded in 1922; its aim was to prepare people for universities. It had two faculties: preparatory for people’s educational institute and industrial – for three-year industrial technical college. 341 pupils studied at the faculty on the 1 of January 1924. In four years the faculty was under jurisdiction of the people’s educational institute.
Party and komsomol centers were organized at the institute in 1923-1924. Students’ executive body (reorganized into students’ union) distributed scholarships, dormitory places, organized a volunteer clean-up, summer holiday employment, dealt with discipline and leisure.
The first students graduated from the institute in 1922, the young specialists were sent into the schools. There were O.F. Lahovska, O.Ya. Teodorovich, K.D. Prishchenko who became famous teachers, and M.V. Homichevskyi, pride of Zhytomyr University.
The year of 1926 was a highlight in the history of the institute. The Ukrainians and world society celebrated the 70 I.Ya. Franko anniversary. In order to honour him his name was given to Zhytomyr people’s educational institute. Sa 1926 I.Ya. Franko scholarship was established, it was given to the best students. S. Alber, a student of Mathematics Faculty, was the first who got the scholarship.
At that time the institute became the scientific center of Volyn’. It had profound educational and material base, a large botanical garden, a meteorological station, labs, a museum and a library with 120 thousand books. gikan sa 1926 it held scientific conferences and symposiums on the between-institutes and republican levels.
In the jubilee year the lecturers’ staff prepared and published the first volume “Volyn’ Ivan Franko people’s educational institute notes”, it was a summary of Franko creative work. The volume contained P.N. Abramovich article about institute foundation history, “Franko and problem of readers’ society” by Ye.O. Nenadkevich, “Flora on radioactive layers” by V.H. Skorohod, completely based on Zhytomyr region materials, “From reflexology to psychophysiology” by M.O. Puchkivskyi etc. the institute published three volumes of scientific notes within the first decade.
The best students participated in the scientific work. The weather report “Weather in Europe, Ukraine and Zhytomyr region” was regularly issued. It was important for agriculture of the region. The Members of the literary society studied I.Franko, T. Shevchenko, Lesia Ukrainka works, analyzed creative process and problems of the Ukrainian and world literature.
Sa 1926 there was the fifth generation of the graduates. The number of students was growing, but there was still lack of teachers.
Sa Disyembre 1927 a census-analyses of the teachers was held in Ukraine. It showed that only 22.9 % of the teachers had higher or secondary special education. The others finished only secondary or even primary school. The problem of teachers’ qualification was urgent. The increased number of the students and lessening of the study term was aimed to solve it.
The material base and the number of the students of Zhytomyr people’s educational institute increased each year. Sa 1920 may mga 180 mga estudyante, 1924 – 258, 1927 – 519.
Zhytomyr pedagogical college was joined to the institute as a faculty. It prepared teachers for primary school.
Sa 1927 there were introduced military training, annual camp, and training at the army unit.
The institute celebrated its anniversary in 1929. The graduates’ number was the best achievement – 300 specialists with higher education. Many of them became outstanding scholars, mga magsusulat, and teachers.
The institute was reorganized into the Institute of social education; it became a complex of educational bodies: pedagogical institute, two pedagogical colleges, pedagogical school and training courses. The basic faculties were Social education faculty and Complex faculty that prepared teachers with higher education for primary school. There were the training courses for Complex faculty. Social education faculty taught teachers for secondary school. The number of students increased: 850 people studied in 1929/30.
The deep changes of the educational process organization and administration were introduced. Departments replaced cycle commissions. The first departments were of mathematics and technical subjects, language and literature, social-economic and natural disciplines. Shortly other departments were generated.
The institute staff became more experienced. The most sophisticated lecturers and scholars of the institute were granted professor’s degrees. The first who was elected for the position were philologist P.N. Abramovich, psychologist M.O. Puchkivskyi, mathematician M.A. Mihalevich, pedagogue I.I. Afanaseva, zoologist Yu.Yu. Bruher, chemist L.K. Kulbitskyi. 10 lecturers became senior lecturers. Among them were geographer P.H. Postojev, historian L.I. Landa, linguist Ye.S. Brazhnikov. Their part in the scientific life of the institute was prominent. But the future prepared ordeals and obstacles for them.
Prewar years (1930-1941)
Industrial development in 1930-es and social structure changes required higher level of education of the workers, and fostered implementation of obligatory, free of charge primary and seven-year education. The extension of the school network needed further enlargement and improvement of teachers’ staff education. The number of the students increased.
233 students were accepted to Zhytomyr social education institute in 1930/31. 159 students were enrolled to the daily workers’ college, ug 90 – to the evening courses. The new departments were created in 1931: Geology department, chemistry, pilosopiya, Political Economics, Agriculture, Language and Literature Department. The institute staff (43 mga miyembro sa) was improved. 18 graduates were left to work at the institute in 1931. They were Y.F. Matkivskyi, later an assistant professor of the Chemistry department; I.S. Ljah, later a head of the department of Political Economics, S.P. Alber, professor of Mathematics. gikan sa 1933 he headed the department of Physics and Economics.
1930-es were full of obstacles for the Zhytomyr institute staff. 379 students left the institute in 1932, 286 – in 1933. The reason was famine. Due to it the number of students was decreased. Ingon sa usa ka resulta, the number of specialists was low. 183 students graduated the institute in 1931, 106 – in 1932, ug 96 – in 1933.
Persecutions, purges and repressions were hold against teachers and students. 50 students were sent down from the institute for hiding their social class and so called counter-revolution activities. Sa 1932/33 33 mga estudyante, treated as enemy elements, were sent down, teachers Zhukov, Ruban, Posuvalov were accused of nationalist activities and fired. Lecturers S.V. Bilskyi, M.A. Mihailevich, M.A. Buinitskyi, L.K. Kulbitskyi were enrolled to the enemy group list also. Unreasonable repressions took place at the institute in the following years. The most serious damage was made to the lecturer and professors’ staff. The head of the institute K.M. Tabakmaher was arrested in 1936, 18 lecturers – in 1937. 15 got the death penalty: heads of the institute K.Ye. Konik, V.P. Hotsa, O.S. Panteljeev, head of Pedagogy department L.M. Hinkivskyi, professor P.H. Postojev, assistant professor S.K. Kovalevskyi, teachers of Ukrainian language H.M. Holovatyi, V.K. Omelchenko, I.D. Suhan, Chemistry teacher A.O. Musika, Ukrainian literature teacher A.P. Suprunovich, German language teacher R.I. Paul.
1930-es were the years of reorganization. According to the decision of the Ministry of Education of the republic Zhytomyr institute became pedagogical in 1934, and from the 1st Septyembre 1935 it was called teachers’ institute with two faculties: humanitarian faculty with literature and language department and historical department and natural faculty with geographical and natural departments. The institute prepared secondary school teachers majoring in Ukrainian language and Literature, Kasaysayan, biology, Chemistry and Geography. The education of a teacher was highly social in 1930-es. The institute authority strived to attract children of workers and peasant families. For that reason two subsidiary colleges were created in Malin and Cherniahiv with 240 mga estudyante.
General sophistication and language competence were the most urgent problems at that time. In order to solve them Ukrainian language classes were implemented at all faculties.
There were made changes of the History and Geography plans and programs according to the regulation “About studying of History and Geography at primary, incomplete secondary and secondary schools” (1934).
In 1930-es it was possible to apply to the institute two times – in the spring and in the autumn. Sa 1936 the total number of the students 1938 brought again reorganization. The institute finally became state pedagogical with four-year studying. It cooperated with the two-year teachers’ institute till 1952. There were specialists for incomplete secondary schools prepared. Each institute had History, Language and Literature, Natural and Geographical Faculties. Sa 1938 Zhytomyr pedagogical institute sent 700 teachers with higher education to work at the schools of the region. There was still lack of teachers’ staff at the schools of the region. The number of the part-time students and college students was growing. The courses (1 year or 6 month) prepared the applicants for the institute. According to the data of the Ministry of Education of the republic Zhytomyr institute had the largest number of the part-time students.
85 lecturers worked at the both universities the same year: two professors S.V. Bilskyi, S.M. Smolinskyi, three assistant professors and two candidates of science. The other lecturers did not possess any degree. After the reunion of West Ukraine with Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic in1939 the institute lecturers were sent to work in Bessarabia (there was lack of teachers’ staff in the region): V. Dobrianskyi, O.M. Popadenko, P.I. Chernjavskyi, professor S.M. Smolinskyi who headed the Department of Pedagogy in Lviv institute. He was appointed a head of the institute after the war.
The number of students and graduates increased in the pre-war years. 1170 students studied at the daily basis in 1940/41: in pedagogical institute – 490; in teachers’ – 680; at the part-time basis – 2300. The introduction of the studying on the paying basis (Regulation of Council of People’s Commissars of the Ukrainian SSR) decreased the number of the students (428 students were sent down). sa panahon sa 22 years Zhytomyr institute prepared 5.5 thousand skilled teachers.
During 1930-es the institute staff and the students combined educational work with participation in the social and political city life. Sa 1930 “Literacy Committee” was organized at the institute. Adunay mga 345 mga miyembro sa, mainly students.
The institute staff was occupied with scientific work; the students participated also. 17 volumes of the scientific works were published in 1935-1940.
The institute scientific conferences became tradition. The students took part in scientific work. Sa 1930 the departments of Physics and Mathematics, geology, chemistry, Political Economics, Kasaysayan, pilosopiya, Ukrainian language and literature created circles where students were involved in scientific work.
Tense political situation, hazard of military conflict fostered patriotic and military education. Military disciplines were included into the educational programs.
Sa 1934 the military department and class were created. The circles were formed – shooting, glider pilots, motorcycles, and first medical help. The lecturers and students studied shooting, to use a medium machinegun and light machine-gun. In pre-war years the work intensified there.
sa Nobyembre 1940 a military group, consisting of 254people, was organized from the reservists. From February 1941 a day of defense was introduced (kini gikuha 12 hours per month). Reservists formed 13 groups to study military disciplines: radio operators, motorcycles, machinegun, parachutist, self-defense, medical orderly. The lecturers formed the defense group.
The attention was paid to cultural and sport activities too. 155 students participated in choir, teatro, wind and ballet circles. Morozova, an actress of the local theater, headed the theater circle. The students organized cultural events for the villagers of Barishivka and Stanishivka, soldiers.
Five sport clubs functioned at the institute: gymnastics, weightlifting, athletics, volleyball and football. 120 students participated there.
The material base of the institute expanded each year. The institute was located in the city block called student town. It comprised a main and two accessory studying buildings with class-rooms, mga laboratoryo, workshop, assembly halls and sport hall, museum, library with more than 150 thousand of books. A sports ground was made at the institute, four-floor dormitory was built (1932) and five houses for lecturers. A botanical garden with unique trees surrounded the institute.
The War destroyed creative plans and thoughts of the teachers and students.
THE YEARS OF HARDSHIP (1941-1959)
In summer 1941 the Institute was completing a regular academic year. But the War broke well-formed pace of original life. At daylight, Hunyo 22, first bombs fell on Zhytomyr as well as to many other cities of the country.
The same day a meeting took place at the Institute. Protesters blamed invasion of Nazism and made an oath to give their energies and even lives for the Motherland. Vast number of claims from professors and students to send them to field forces began coming in. Hundreds of the Institute’s educatees joined the ranks of the Red Army and the Fleet in the very first days, signed up for citizens-in-arms; ambulance and mopping-up detachments were formed from their body.
Last state exams were passed under bursts of enemy bombs. And graduates with Teacher’s Diplomas didn’t make their ways to classrooms but stood to arms and sallied to pass the most honorable and difficult exam, the allegiance to homeland one. Many of them joined mopping-up detachment which recognized and moved down enemy emissaries and subversives. O.O.Pavlovskyi, propesor, squadron leader, was in charge. Staff headquarters of the detachment was located in a hostel (now the university’s Hostel #1).
The university’s building was urgently refurnished into an army hospital with graduates as orderlies.
Hulyo, 5, a mass hostile shelling of Zhytomyr began. Many students along with citizens of the city made their way on foot eastward to escape fascist enslavement and then joined field forces. An army hospital was sent by serial. I.V.Perchuk, propesor, medical service commander, worked at a hospital under severe environment of evacuation. The last to leave Zhytomyr were O.K.Kasymenko, propesor, later known scientist-historian of Ukraine, principal of the NAS institute of history of USSR, B.D.Surkis and S.L.Blyzniuk.
During the Great Patriotic War one could meet professors, mga estudyante, fellows and graduates of Pedagogical Institute at the lines, in guerilla regiments, conspiracies and underground groups across temporary occupational territory.
O.P.Boiarko, Vice-rector of the Institute, led Chernivtsi covert regional party committee, Y.O.Kovmir, second Vice-rector, was a commissioner of a guerilla command, graduates H.P.Mishchenko – subversive raiding force leader, Volodymyr Plotnyts’kyi – Zhytomyr region youth conspiracy member.
The fact that the third-years of the Faculty of History alone got 68 orders and more than 150 military medals speaks for great deeds of students of Pedagogical Institute during the War. Perseverance and courage may be also exemplified by a combat record of student of correspondence school, commutation agent of Zhytomyr covert regional party committee Maria Tyshkevych. The girl together with her sister forged documents, and counterfeited masterfully fascist officers’ signatures thereby saved many young people from forced labor in Nazi Germany. She got caught in fascist torture chambers but no torture made her disclose the underground. Maria met her death as heart-whole patriot. She’s buried in the bed of honor at Bohynia.
Hundreds of students, dozens of professors and fellows of the Institute died like heroes for honor and independence of their Motherland. A.V.Pavlovskyi, Rector of the Institute, O.P.Boiarko, V.P.Vynohradov, Vice-rectors, and H.P.Yemsenko, S.T.Parkhomchuk, headmaster of the Faculty of Workers, professors B.D.Surkis, V.D.Dobryvechir and others died. The Institute’s family keeps sacredly cherished memory of them. A memorial sign in honor of professors, students and fellows fell before the enemy for the native land in 1941-1945 was established near the main building.
Night January, 1, 1944 the city was released from Nazi conquerors. M.S.Bovsunivskyi (later associate professor of the Department of History and Political Economy), P.K.Serbin (professor of the World History Department), O.O.Boiko (associate professor of Ukrainian Literature Department), I.T.Yarosh (senior professor of the Department of Pedagogy) were among its releasers.
After the release Zhytomyr was in shambles. Campus buildings of the Institute with its cabinets, mga laboratoryo, librarya, professors’ dwellings, and hostel were ruined. But from the very first government of Ukraine and local authorities took steps to restore the higher educational institution. As early as in summer 1944, professors and fellows were hired; admission of students was brought into action.
Septyembre, 1, 1944, the Institute opened a new academic year, the first one after release. It comprised 9 mga departamento uban sa 31 propesor. Two faculties were started. These were the Faculty of History and the Language-Literature Faculty including Ukrainian and Russian with Literature Office. Being affiliated with Pedagogical Institute a training-school worked with the same faculties under separate program. V.V.Chupryna was appointed as Rector of the Institute, Y.A.Kovmir and I.I.Shaniuk – as Vice-rectors. The same time new professors arrived to the Institute. These were M.I.Petrovskyi, Associate Professor, later Head of the Department of Marxism-Leninism, D.A.Kolomiiets, Head of the Department of Ukrainian Literature, O.M.Semenova, Head of the Department of Foreign Languages, M.M.Lapshyn, Head of the Department of Military Education, professors S.I.Losiev, M.P.Bershii, T.M.Rybakov, N.M.Baryshpol’ and others.
This was the year of second birth of the Institute. At first the higher educational institution stationed itself in a basement of agricultural college, then – in the building of Zhytomyr School #20. Staff included one professor and four associate professors, others didn’t possess academic degrees and titles. Adunay mga 168 students attended full-time education and 545 – correspondence study.
The Institute ran under extremely difficult conditions in early port-war years. Without any light and heating, there in lecture-rooms with nailed-up windows lectures, tutorials, theses arrangement took place, scientific reports were delivered. Students listened to lectures and made notes sitting on earthen floor. There was a lack of 16 propesor, training equipment, lecture-rooms, and dwellings for employees, hostels for students. Professors and students made tables and desks, set doors and windows all by themselves. Much work was done by the staff to restore library headed by N.V.Kozlovska.
After victorious end of the Great Patriotic War the country experienced pressing need in teaching personnel. This set new tasks for pedagogical higher educational institutions to solve. According to Y.Y.Fialko, new principal reporting to Ministry of Education of Ukraine (1945), 453 students attended full-time education including 46 disabled veterans. As if great achievements there in the report was indicated that all windows were already paned and there are double frames indeed; students have got sheets though there were no pillows. By their own efforts, professors and students reconditioned academic building, stored up wood for the winter, gathered the harvest in a part-time farming, and took part in cleaning and forestry of the city.
Sa 1946, Y.O.Kovmir was appointed as principal of the Institute, P.T.Markushevskyi – as Deputy Director for studies and research work, S.T.Radchuk-Pavlenko was put as Director of the Philological Faculty, K.O.Kyseliov – as Director of the Faculty of History. Sa 1947, the Department of Russian Language was headed by M.B.Khramoi, the Department of Pedagogic – by N.I.Mykhailova, the Department of Modern History – by L.A.Kovalenko, Candidate of historical sciences, and the Department of Russian and World History – by S.T. Radchuk-Pavlenko. Gradually, living, working and learning environment in the Institute improved.
Sa 1948, the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics including Department of Physics and Department of Mathematics resumed its work after 16-year interruption. V.M.Kostarchuk was its first Principal. Sa 1949, the Faculty of Foreign Languages started its work and soon detached to become an independent institute.
Sa 1950, contingent of students exceeded 2 thousand people. Adunay mga 770 attended day-shift education and 1262 – correspondence study. Pedagogue class increased correspondingly. The higher educational institution gave the country 472 mga espesyalista; 60% of them got appointments to western part of Ukraine.
Educational and scientific-methods work improved. Sa 1958, IXth volume (the first one after war) of Scientific Notes (physico-mathematical line) was issued. L.A.Kovalenko, associate propesor, V.M.Prylypko, V.I.Pivtoradnia and B.I.Khatset were quite useful at that time. Their proceedings caught attention of wide scientific public. Professors arranged a number of methodical text-books for students. Among others are the following, O.Korniichuk’s Drama Learning in Secondary School by V.I.Pivtoradnia, abridged course of lectures Old Slavonic Language by T.V.Baimut, associate propesor. The Department of Ukrainian Language together with the seniors accomplished an expedition to learn Zhytomyr region dialects.
The history of Polissia study became a singularity of professors’ scientific research. Scientific Notes (1957) was devoted to this and comprised research articles on regional matters.
During postwar period, up to 1957 inclusive, the Institute issued 7 volumes of Scientific Notes showing research of pedagogical team increased. Sa 1955-1957, 109 research and scientific-methods papers were published by professors.
Over the whole postwar period the Faculty of History consisting mostly of ex-servicemen and guerilla members won priority for academic progress and extracurricular. Sa 1948-1950, may mga 39 excellent students having graduated from the Institute with honors. In a period of 14 years after war, 1.6 thousand students received education in off-work hours.
Sa 1956, the Faculty of History was transferred to Lutsk Pedagogical Institute.
Young men and women took active part in social life and household activity. Almost every year they helped collective farms to gather harvest, went to newground, worked at children’s playgrounds and militia rooms, restored central Barton of the Institute, campus buildings, library and canteen.
Students’ living conditions improved. Sa 1954, first hostel for 250 places was ready to allocate students. Book collection of the Institute’s library refilled. Moral support activities developed.
Gradually, the main building of the Institute rose from ruin. Sa 1959 nga nag-inusara, professors and students worked out 48 thousand man-days. What is more, turnpike roads, Recreation and Entertainment Park and athletic field were organized by efforts of future teachers.
Staff of the Institute widened scientific and constructive contacts with scholars of different higher educational institutions of the country. Scientists from Moscow, Leningrad, Kyiv, and Odesa lectured for our students. Methodic interchange of Scientific Notes was improved with staffs of Pedagogical Institutes in Vinnytsia, Izmail, Odesa, Mykolaiv, Kamianets-Podilskyi, Chernihiv. Delegations of Zhytomyr State Pedagogical Institute visited higher educational establishments of Minsk, Moscow, Leningrad, Homel, Volhohrad.
O.P.Yura-Yuraskyi, Honoured Artist of Ukraine, appeared in the Institute performing his literary recitals. Audiences with such writers as M.Rylskyi, A.Malyshko, V.Kucher, V.Sosiura, L.Pervomaiskyi, M.Nahnybida, V.Kozachenko, S.Oliinyk, H.Boiko, P.Sieverov took place here as well.
Zhytomyr State Pedagogical Institute began its 60’s under the environment of first tries to democratize social life of the country. Its highest governing body was the Board of the Institute, apan tungod kay ang 1972 it became the Academic Board including Rector, Vice-rector, deans, party and Komsomol secretaries, directors of professors’ and students’ trade union committees, heads of departments, senior professors, ug sa mga estudyante.
From January, 1958, I.F.Osliak, Candidate of Philological Sciences, associate propesor, worked as Rector of the Institute; from December, 1973, P.S.Hornostai, Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, associate propesor, was Rector of the Institute; from October, 1986, it was lead by I.M. Kucheruk, Professor.
Secondary school changes to new curriculum in 60’s, introduction of oblige public secondary-level education increased pedagogic purpose by far. The main burden of this reorganization fell on Pro-rectors in educational work M.P.Zhurbas, L.M.Kurkcha, and M.M.Osadchyi who carried out these duties since 1977.
At the beginning of the 60’s, the Institute qualified pedagogical personnel over two faculties with degrees in eleven specialties for full-time education, and in three for correspondence departments.
The Faculty of Philology offered opportunities in obtaining a degree in: Ukrainian Language and Literature, Russian Language and Literature, Russian Language and Literature and English Language, Russian Language and Literature and German Language; Russian Language and Literature and Pedagogy for students from Uzbekistan (during 1959-1973); Russian Language and Literature in an ethic school for students from Kazakhstan (sa 1971-1993).
The Faculty of Physics and Mathematics trained specialists in: Physics ug Matematika, Mathematics ug sa Physics, Physics and English Language, Physics and basic disciplines, Mathematics and Technical Drawing.
Correspondence department qualified teachers of Ukrainian Language and Literature, Russian Language and Literature, mathematics. Kapin sa 1944-1971, the department was regarded as a faculty under the department of full-time education. Considering that in the 60’s, 42 per cent of teachers of Zhytomyr region, unya 36 per cent of them in the 70’s, haven’t got higher education, large majority of enrollment of the Institute was extramural students. Complementary to above-mentioned specialties they had opportunities to obtain a degree in English Language and French Language (1963-1972), in Biology (sukad sa 1974), and Pedagogy and Primary Education Methods (sukad sa 1978).
Sa 1962-1968, the General Scientific Faculty including Department of Humanities and Mathematics worked for extramural students. Students studied to get a degree in History, Library Science, Legal Science, Ukrainian Language and Literature, Russian Language and Literature, English Language, French Language, mathematics, pisika. Unya, students went onto further study obtaining specialties for choice in higher educational institutions of Ukraine under correspondence departments.
Sa 1963, the Faculty of Foreign Languages as a separate faculty was originated under the aegis of the Faculty of Philology. The faculty qualified specialists in English and German Languages, and till 1972 – in French Language. Students from Uzbekistan could obtain degree in English Language as well.
The 70’s turned out to become the years of notable increase and diversification of the Institute. After Berdychiv Pedagogical Institute was discontinued the Faculty of Natural Sciences was transferred to Zhytomyr (1972). The Faculty qualifies teachers of Biology and Chemistry. Sa 1976, the fifth faculty was originated. This was the Faculty of Primary Education with full-time education and correspondence study. As early as in a year, the Faculty proposed an additional specialty – Music.
The number of departments, mga estudyante, sungkod sa pagtudlo, and fellows doubled. Therefore it was necessary to redeploy tutorials into two shifts.
Sa 1979, the Institute won second best among pedagogical institutes for best students’ labor, life and leisure time organization. Hostel #3 won first prize. M.O.Lukin was superintendent of the Hostel at the time. The Institute was honored for its achievements with diplomas of Republican Trade Union Committees and Ministry of Education of Ukraine.
Constant enrollment growth, origination of new faculties and specialties required great regard concerning upgrading of facilities.
Sa 1962, the central campus building was completely reconstructed. Sa 1979, a shooting gallery and metalworking and processing workshops were built. Sa 1987, new campus of the Faculty of Foreign Languages was put in commission. sa panahon sa 1972-1981 over an area of 15 ektarya, training-laboratory rooms and training-small holdings for agrobiological station were built. Sa 1988, the overhaul of campus building of the Faculty of Natural Science was over. Sa 1990, new eight-storey training-laboratory building was erected including its three completions built in 1992. Kapin sa 30 ka tuig, the area of the Institute expanded fourfold.
Students got education in 217 auditoriums, whereof 14 were large attendances. There were constructed 25 special laboratories and 59 studies, whereof most part of them were equipped with training facilities.
Students may use five hostels (giablihan sa 1935, 1956, 1972, 1981, 1986); first aid post including consulting and manipulation rooms, dental office, and five isolation wards. There in the hostels 2 thousand students and 82 families lived.
In virtue of growing demands of secondary schools for teachers the number of academic teaching staff increased. Sa 1960, 73 professors worked at 12 mga departamento, whereof 27 professors possessed academic degrees in Candidates of Sciences and academic titles of associate professors. Sa 1990, 22 departments numbered 289 professors including 10 Doctors, propesor, 114 Kandidato sa Sciences, kauban propesor sa taliwala kanila.
Over the 60’s, about a thousand scientific papers in 1.2 thousand printed sheets gross volume together with 17 volumes of Scientific Notes were issued by the efforts of scholars of the Institute. 84 monograpiya, 556 text-books and methodology guidelines, 11 collectors of articles and abstracts, 108 brochures, labaw pa kay sa 2 thousand articles were published within next 20 ka tuig. sa panahon sa 30 ka tuig, the Institute’s contribution to progress of scientific thought reached 3,750 scientific papers.
Repeatedly, the Institute was a venue for republican, interuniversity, and regional conferences. Thuswise the following republican scientific conferences as on the occasion of 70th ug 75th birth of M.T.Rylskyi, 110th ug 115th birth of I.Franko, 150th birth of T.H.Shevchenko, 100th birth of M.M.Kotsiubynskyi, 170th anniversary of H.S.Skovoroda’s death, 100th birth of Lesia Ukrainka, and on linguistic and theory of literature matters took place here.
Rendering assistance to school became one of the leading Institute’s lines. Sanglit 1970, all the districts of the region were vested in different departments. In the 1970’s, monthly courses of intensive teacher retraining in eight specialties started working. Kapin sa 20 ka tuig, 14.5 thousands of teachers of the region completed retraining courses. Sa 1984, Basics of Computer Science and Computer Engineering courses were opened at the Faculty of Physics and Mathematics. Matag tuig labaw pa kay sa 400 teachers of Mathematics learned elements of programming and computer system practice. At republican review the Institute won second best for rendering useful assistance to schools (1975). sa panahon sa 1970-1990 nga nag-inusara, 170 text-books and more than 300 methodology instructions were issued for schools.
The introduction of oblige public secondary-level education in 60’s set a task to provide schools, training colleges, voluntary schools and technical voluntary schools with teaching personnel. Given that in 1960, enrollment of students was 2.4 thousand people including 760 full-time students and 1.7 thousand of extramural students; sa 1970, it reached 1.6 ug 1.5 thousand of students correspondingly. In another ten years, the enrollment was 2.4 thousand of full-time students and 1.1 thousand of extramural students. Septyembre, 1, 1990, the enrollment of students of the Institute was 2.8 thousand of full-time education students and 1.6 thousand of extramural students. Large numbers of them were medalists, young people living in rural areas. Two thirds of full-time admission was carried out by village school leavers, sukad sa 1972. Only popular education members, discharged from the Armed Forces, and graduates from teacher training colleges were enrolled in correspondence study. Sa 1990, young people of those enrolled for full-time education totaled 50 per cent having target reception. These were graduates of a preparatory department and Zhytomyr Teacher Training College.
Professional skills of graduates shaped due to proficient teaching practice organization. The following kinds of teaching practice were introduced into students training system concerning scientific-educational work: socio-political practice, on-academic teaching practice for students of 1st ug 2d kurso, teaching practice in Pioneer camps, practice a profession at teaching squads, occupational practice for students of the 4th course in out-of-school educational activity on-job, teaching practice in schools of Zhytomyr and of the region.
Sanglit 1977, practice for students of 1st-5th course under schools gave an opportunity to turn teaching practice into continuous one. Students of the Faculty of Initial Teacher Training undertook their practice over a period of three years leading the same class. Before their school practice, students of the mentioned faculty and the Faculty of Natural Sciences undertook field practice at the agrobiological station of the Institute. Great attention concerning this part of work was affirmative. Yearly, 60-62 per cent of students passed teaching practice with an excellent mark, and up to 35 per cent of trainees got ‘good’ mark.
Expeditions through places of military and labor Glory, subscription concerts for orphans, roads of charity to Denyshiv Orphan Asylum, carrying of Memory watches and The Soldier’s Letter Campaign, leadership of youth, mathematic, pisikal, and astronomic schools, together with literary studio for children, medical plants collection, overhaul of Partisan Fame hall in the village of Kopyshchi and the like – all these totaled students’ useful activities.
During the third working semester, 282 construction brigades worked on new ground in Krym, Mykolaiv, Kherson, Kyiv, Tiumen, Orlov, and Mahadan regions. They implemented 21 milyon nga ruble (measuring in prices of 1990) of capital investments, reconstructed 51 mga eskwelahan, lakip 5 built, built up 128 playgrounds, 78 lawak-tunghaan.
Amateur talent groups were high on the list of young students training. Yateriv folk song choir directed by M.O.Nykorchuk, and Suzir’ia dancing company directed by V.O.Svitelskyi became widely known across the region and outside and got title the People’s (1987). Kalyna folk music group directed by P.I.Antonevskyi and Elehia vocal group directed by V.V.Sychevska got this title as well.
A multipronged approach concerning educational and research work in the intelligence-orientated abilities of future specialists was an earnest of all the solutions whereof the staff of the Institute found in the years 1960-1980. New quantitative and qualitative changes, new ascents and workouts were to come onwards. Preceding 70 years of work were the basis for those implementations.
The first years of independence of Ukraine (1991-2001)
Independence of Ukraine in 1991 required changes in management, structural reorganization, improvement of the educational programs, and establishment of new departments. The primary task in 1990-es was to provide the necessary level of education which could meet the state characteristics and standards.
sa 1999 the graduates received a “specialist” degree on the basis of full secondary education. From the 1 of September 1999 ang unibersidad (a status was granted) prepared masters on the study-for-fee form, from the 1of September 2000 – on the state-budget form of education on the basis of “specialist” degree. The new studying plans and programs were developed.
At the beginning of the 1990-es the institute comprised 5 mga abilidad, a preparatory department and 22 departments where 289 lecturers worked. Among them were 10 doktor, propesor, 114 mga kandidato sa siyensiya, assistant propesor sa, three merited teachers of the higher education and culture of Ukraine. It comprised 42.9 % of all staff.
307 lecturers worked at the university in 2001, 176 of them had scientific degrees; it comprised 57.3% of the staff. Among them a member of the National Academy of Science of Ukraine, two corresponding members of the National Academy of Science of Ukraine, corresponding member of the Agricultural Academy of Ukraine, 28 doktor, propesor, 148 mga kandidato sa siyensiya, assistant propesor sa, 8 merited employees of Ukraine (edukasyon, higher school, culture and physical training), labaw pa kay sa 40 excellent lecturers of education of Ukraine, young scholars – grant holders of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine and fund “Vidrodzhenia” (“Revival”). The number of the staff with degrees grew on 14%.
The number of the departments increased from 22 sa 31 sa 1991 – 2001 ka tuig, and the number of the major subjects from 13 sa 21. There were introduced new major subjects: Ukrainian language and literature and Country Study of Ukraine, Ukrainian language and literature and Social Pedagogy, Ukrainian language and literature and History, History and Ukrainian language and literature, Primary school classes and Practical Psychology, Mathematics and Informatics, German and English language and literature, Ukrainian language and literature and Educational Materials Editing, Chemistry and Biology etc.
The new conditions required methodological changes. The implementation of the new technologies and active teaching methods was of the great importance in the1990-es. The block-modular and grade-rating systems were introduced, didactical and role games were put in practice.
Technologies of studying process research, cooperation and construction were used at the practical Pedagogy classes. The work done by the Pedagogy department was a base for a pedagogical manual-book published by the Institute of the systematic research of the Ministry of Education of Ukraine in 1995.
Computerization of the educational process is catching on. Physics and Mathematics department introduced a course of computer usage in the studying process. The course ran on packages and programs developed at the Mathematics and Informatics and Physics departments. Such programs have been widely used by the Department of Psychology to organize psychological tests. Students of the master degree and PhD students have had courses of computer research work. Computers are used for tests and complex tests.
At the 1990 may mga 104 computer, sa 2001 – 230, in particular there are 13 computer classes with 203 working places. The technical characteristics are advanced. The university staff and students have access to the Internet and e-mail serves. Soon the corporative computer network will be finished. The department of database exploitation, computer network and office equipment launched its work.
The English teacher center of self-education promoted implementation of the modern technologies in the process of English learning in the institute and educational establishments of the region. It was created in 1995. The center includes 5 mga laboratoryo: modern technologies in the English learning, the German language learning, the English language learning, a common classroom for the foreign language studying, an English classroom. Students and 120 teachers from the region work usually at the center which has become a methodological laboratory. It is equipped with modern authentic books, literature, audio and video-materials. Seminars in foreign language studying modern technologies, conferences take place there. The center collaborates with the British Council, the American Center, the International Center, the Peace Corps, the fund “Vidrodzhenja” (“Revival”), foreign publishing houses. It is a member of the international organization TESOL. The center participated in the organization of the All-Ukrainian competition in the foreign languages for the secondary school pupils (1996) and the All-Ukrainian competition for the best foreign language teacher of the year (1997).
The modern technologies in the studying process have promoted the growth of the students’ individual work, fostered their researches; the result is fruitful. The students won 40 prize places at the All-Ukrainian subject competitions in Mathematics, Informatics, biology, chemistry, psychology, Practical Psychology, Iningles, kinaadman sa, Ukrainian nga pinulongan ug literatura, German language, Social Pedagogy in 1997-2001. They took the first places at the All-Ukrainian competition of the student research in Pedagogy and Psychology in 1998-2001; only in 2001 may mga 12 prize places at the All-Ukrainian subject competitions.
At the All-Union student competition Olexandr Sarana shared the first prize with a student from Moscow Lomonosov University, and Dmitro Stepanchikov shared the first prize with a student from Novosibirsk University.
ang mga estudyante, PhD students and lecturers take part in different competitions for training and studying abroad. In the last years they had trainings in the UK, USA, Germany, Austria, France and Poland.
The university conducts researches in theory and methodology of the pupils’ studying and education, improvement of teacher training, methodology in the higher school, historical country study, national consciousness in the Ukrainian literature, Polesia dialects’ vocabulary, biological basis of the Ukrainian fauna protection and its reproduction, the problems of the modern English vocabulary research, production of the semiconductor substances, liquid crystals, research of their physical characteristics etc.
The postgraduate students can continue their studying at the university or other Ukrainian universities and get their PhD degree. The first postgraduate students began their study at the university in 1992. Today there are 11 major subjects and 35 students are enrolled. The postgraduate students have defended 23 theses in Ukrainian language, Theory of literature, biology, kinaadman sa, Germanic languages; 13 works are prepared for defense procedure. The lecturers defended 5 PhD theses and 68 assistant professor works in the last 10 ka tuig.
A journal “Visnik of Zhytomyr pedagogical university” has been published in 1998; it is a successor of “Scientific notes”, edited in 1920-es by the pedagogical institute. labaw pa kay sa 5.5 thousand scientific and methodological articles were published.
Sa 1990 there were attempts to provide the secondary and higher schools with modern educational and methodological literature. 126 books and textbooks were published in the last 5 ka tuig.
The education plans were altered due to the changes in the social life of the country; the system of special courses, seminars and optional courses was introduced; it promotes better preparation to practical work. For each subject there were designed tests to check knowledge level and its quality. There are complex tests for course graduates. The education programs were developed for the subjects without common education programs.
The improvement of the studying process gave fruitful results. The average progress in studying is 95-96%, quality – 56-60. The results are usually proved by the outcomes of the complex tests in different subjects and at complex qualification exams.
9.9 thousand students graduated of the university in 1990-2001; 6 thousand – on the daily basis and 3.9 – part-time study. 86-90 % of the graduates are sent to work.
The educational and material base of the university has grown in the recent years. A building for Philology department and a building for primary classes teachers were put into operation in the 1990; in the following years the area per one student was enlarged from 4,5 square meters in 1992 sa 9,6 – in 2001. For the students’ need there are 5 dormitoryo (2000 mga dapit), a refectory and canteens (390 mga dapit), library with 420 000 tomo, agriculture biostation. 89 laboratories and classrooms operate at the university, sa partikular 6 linguaphone classrooms, phonolaboratory and 13 computer classrooms (203 individual workplace).
Sa 2000 building of the sport complex was started on the out of budget finances, it was finished in 2003.
According to the regulation № 761 of the Cabinet of The Ministers of Ukraine Zhytomyr institute was granted the status of a pedagogical university.
The State inspection board of the educational institutions of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine conducted an attestation expert examination of the university. According to the results of the expert examination the university went through the attestation, and in particular in the major subjects of the daily and part-time study on IV level – “Primary Study”, “Ukrainian language and literature”, “Russian language and literature”. “English language and literature”, “Chemistry” and on III level – “Musical pedagogy and education”, “Ethnology”, “Psychology”, “Informatics”. The preparatory department got through attestation also.
Enthusiasm, ability to work and creative power of the university staff is the ground for new achievements in the third millennium.
On the 24 of March, 2004 Zhytomyr pedagogical university was granted the status of Zhytomyr Ivan Franko State University according to the regulation № 172-р of the Cabinet of the Ministers of Ukraine.
Ganahan ka discuss Zhytomyr State University ? sa bisan unsa nga pangutana, mga komentaryo o mga reviews
Ipakigbahin kini nga mapuslanon nga info uban sa imong mga higala
Join to discuss of Zhytomyr State University.
PLEASE NOTE: EducationBro Magazine naghatag kaninyo abilidad sa pagbasa impormasyon mahitungod sa mga unibersidad sa 96 pinulongan, apan mangutana kami kaninyo nga tahoron sa ubang mga miyembro ug mobiya mga komento sa Iningles.