- Ülikooli Saskatchewan
The Ülikooli Saskatchewan is a Canadian public research university, rajatud 1907, ja asub ida pool Lõuna Saskatchewan River Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Kanada. An “Tegutsema, et luua ja lisada Ülikooli provintsis Saskatchewan” võeti maakonna seadusandja 1907. Sellega loodi maakonna ülikooli aprillil 3, 1907 “selleks vajalike rajatiste kõrghariduse kõigis filiaalides ja võimaldab kõikide isikute suhtes rassi, usutunnistus või religiooni täielikul ärakasutamisel”. The University of Saskatchewan is the largest education institution in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan. See on ka ainus Canadian University, mis on partnerlusleppe Oxfordi ülikool. Ülikooli Saskatchewan on üks Kanada suurimas teadusülikoolide (põhineb arv Kanada Research Toolid) ja on liige U15 Group Kanada Teadusülikoolide (the 15 Kõige teadusmahukate ülikooli Kanada).
Ülikoolis algas põllumajandus- kolledž 1907 ja kehtestati esimene Kanada ülikooli baasil osakonna laiendamine 1910. Seal olid 120 ha (300 aakrit) set aside for university buildings and 400 tal (1,000 aakrit) jaoks U S talu, ja põllud. Kokku 10.32 km2 (3.98 sq mi) was annexed for the university. The main University campus is situated upon 981 tal (2,425 aakrit), with another 200 tal (500 aakrit) allocated for Innovation Place Research Park. Ülikooli Saskatchewan agriculture college still has access to neighbouring urban research lands. The University of Saskatchewan’s Vaccine and Infectious Disease Organization (VIDO) rajatis, (2003) arendab DNA-tõhustatud immuniseerimist vaktsiine nii inimeste kui loomade. Ülikool on koduks ka Kanada Light Source sünkrotronkiirgusega, mida peetakse üheks suurimaks ja kõige uuenduslikke investeeringuid Kanada teaduse. Alates selle päritolu põllumajandusliku kolledži, uuringud on mänginud olulist rolli ülikoolis. Tehtud avastused on U S sisaldada sulfaate vastupidavad tsemendi ja koobalt-60 vähiravi üksus. Ülikool pakub üle 200 akadeemilisi programme. Duncan P. McColl nimetati esimest registripidaja, luuakse esimene kokkutulek millest esimehe Edward L. Wetmore valiti esimene kantsler. Walter Charles Murray sai esimene president ülikooli kuratooriumi.
Koolid / Kolledžid / osakonnad / kursused / Teaduskonnad
- Agriculture and Bioresources
- Arts and Science
- Edwards School of Business
- School of Environment and Sustainability
- Õpingud ja Teadusministeerium
- Pharmacy and Nutrition
- School of Physical Therapy
- School of Public Health
- Johnson-Shoyama Graduate School of Public Policy
- Veterinary Medicine
The institution was modelled on the American state university, rõhku juurde tööle ja rakendusuuringud. Ülikooli Saskatchewan, at Saskatoon, was granted a provincial charter on April 3, 1907. A provincial statute known as the University Act. It provided for a publicly funded, yet independent institution to be created for the citizens of the whole province.
The governance was modelled on the provincial University of Toronto Act of 1906 mis asutati kahekojalise süsteemi ülikooli valitsus, mis koosneb Senat (teaduskond), vastutavad akadeemilise poliitika, ja juhatajate (kodanikele) ainuvaldajad kontrolli rahanduspoliitika ning võttes formaalse võimu kõigis teistes küsimustes. President, poolt määratud juhatuse, was to provide a link between the two bodies and to perform institutional leadership. The scope of the new institution was to include colleges of arts and science, including art, music and commerce, agriculture with forestry, domestic science, haridus, masinaehitus, seadus, meditsiin, pharmacy, veterinary science and dentistry.
Saskatoon was chosen as the site for the University on April 7, 1909 by the board of governors. oktoobril 12, 1912 the first building opened its doors for student admission. It awarded its first degrees in 1912. Aasta algul käesoleva sajandi, erialast haridust laiendada väljaspool traditsioonilist väljad teoloogia, õiguse ja meditsiini. Kraadiõpe põhineb Saksa inspireeritud Ameerika mudel spetsialiseerunud muidugi töö ja lõpetamist teadustöö väitekirja võeti kasutusele.
Battleford, Moose Jaw, Prince Albert, Regina, and Saskatoon all lobbied to be the location of the new university. Walter Murray preferred the provincial capital, Regina. In a politically influenced vote, Saskatoon was chosen on April 7, 1909.
Designed by David Robertson Brown (arhitekt), the Memorial Gates were erected in 1927 at the corner of College Drive and Hospital Drive in honour of the University of Saskatchewan alumni who served in the First World War. A stone wall bears inscriptions of the names of the sixty seven university students and faculty who lost their lives while on service during World War I. The hallways of the Old Administrative Building (College Building) at the University of Saskatchewan are decorated with memorial scrolls in honour of the University of Saskatchewan alumni who served in the World Wars.
The National Film Board of Canada documentary “Prairie University” (1955) directed by John Feeney explores diverse research activities at the University of Saskatchewan on agriculture, meditsiin, and ice cream.
A college of veterinary medicine opened at the University of Saskatchewan on July 2, 1969. The University of Saskatchewan’s Arms were registered with the Canadian Heraldic Authority on February 15, 2001.
A location next to the South Saskatchewan River, across from the city centre of Saskatoon, was selected for the campus. David Robertson Brown of Brown & Vallance were the initial architects constructing a campus plan and the first university buildings in Collegiate Gothic style: The Prime Minister of Canada, Sir Wilfrid Laurier, laid the cornerstone of the first building, the College Building, on July 29, 1910. The first building to be started on the new campus, the College Building, built 1910–1912 opened in 1913; sisse 2001, it was declared a National Historic Site of Canada.
Brown & Vallance designed the Administration Building (1910–12); Saskatchewan Hall Student Residence (1910–12). Brown & Vallance designed the Engineering Building (1910–12) as well as additions 1913 sisse 1920 and rebuilt the building after it burned in 1925. Brown & Vallance designed the Barn and Stock Pavilion (1910–12) and Emmanuel College (1910–12). Brown & Vallance built the Faculty Club (1911–12) and rebuilt it after it burned in 1964. Brown & Vallance constructed the President’s Residence (1911–13) Qu’Appelle Hall Student Residence (1914-16) Physics Building (1919-21); Chemistry Building (1922-23); St. Andrew’s Presbyterian College (1922-23); Memorial Gates (1927–28) and the Field Husbandry Building (1929).
The original buildings were built using native limestone – greystone – which was mined just north of campus. Aastate jooksul, this greystone became one of the most recognizable campus signatures. When the local supply of limestone was exhausted, the University turned to Tyndall stone, which is quarried in Manitoba.Saskatchewan’s Provincial University and Agricultural College were officially opened May 1, 1913 by Hon. Walter Scott.
The original architectural plan called for the university buildings to be constructed around a green space known as The Bowl. The original university buildings are now connected by skywalks and tunnels. Clockwise, from the north; Thorvaldson Building (august 22, 1924) (Spinks addition); geoloogia, W.P. Thompson Biology (1960) adjoined to Physics Building (1921); College Building (mai 1, 1913) (Administration addition); Saskatchewan cojoined with Athabasca Hall (1964); Qu’Appelle Hall (1916); Marquis Hall adjoined to Place Riel – Qu’Appelle Addition; Murray Memorial Main Library (1956); Kunst (1960) cojoined with Law and adjoined to Commerce building complete the initial circle around the perimeter of the bowl.
Francis Henry Portnall and Frank Martin designed the Dairy & Soils Laboratory (1947).
Roughly adhering to the original plan of 1909, numerous colleges were established: Kunst & teadus (1909); põllumajandus, now called Agriculture and Bioresources (1912); tehnika (1912); Seadus (1913); apteek, now called Pharmacy & toit (1914); kaubandus, now the N. Murray Edwards School of Business (1917); meditsiin (1926); haridus (1927); Home Economics (1928); põetamine (1938); Õpingud ja Teadusministeerium (1946); Kehaline kasvatus, now called Kinesiology (1958); Veterinary Medicine (1964); hambaarstitöö (1965); and theSchool of Physical Therapy (1976).
The U of S also has several graduate programs amongst these colleges, which give rise to a masters or doctorate degree. sisse 1966, the University of Saskatchewan introduced a masters program in adult education. Diploma, and certificate post secondary courses are also available to aid in professional development.
Theological Colleges, affiliated with the university, were also established: Emmanuel College – (Anglican denomination) (1909), St. Andrew’s College (kui Presbyterian College, Saskatoon) then United Church of Canada (1913), Lutheran Theological Seminary (1920), St. Thomas More College (1936), and Central Pentecostal College(1983).
Regina College was saved from bankruptcy and became part of the university in 1934, and was given degree-granting privileges in 1959, making it a second University of Saskatchewan campus. By another act of legislation in 1974, Regina College was made an independent institution known as the University of Regina.
Poliitika ülikoolihariduse algatas 1960. vastanud rahvastiku survet ja usk, et kõrgharidus oli oluline sotsiaalse õigluse ja suurema majandusliku tootlikkuse üksikisikutele ja ühiskonnale. The single-university policy in the West was changed as existing colleges of the provincial universities gained autonomy as universities.
Correspondence courses were established in 1929.
Other federated and affiliated colleges include Briercrest Bible College and Biblical Seminary in Caronport, Saskatchewan; Gabriel Dumont College and St. Peter’s Historic Junior College in Muenster, Saskatchewan.
In the late 1990s, the U of S launched a major revitalisation program, comprising new capital projects such as an expansion to the Western College of Veterinary Medicine, the building of a new parkade, and a revision of its internal road layout (which has already seen the East Road access being realigned). The Thorvaldson Building, which is home to the departments of chemistry and computer science, hosts a new expansion known as the Spinks addition. The College of Pharmacy and Nutrition has also had a number of renovations.
Kas sa tahad discuss University of Saskatchewan ? Iga küsimus, kommentaare või kommentaare
Jaga seda kasulikku infot oma sõpradega
Join to discuss of University of Saskatchewan.
PANE TÄHELE: EducationBro Magazine annab teile võime lugeda infot ülikoolide 96 keeltes, kuid palume austada teisi liikmeid ja kommenteerida inglise.