- Oilthigh a Deas Queensland
Oilthigh a Deas Queensland
Tha Oilthigh a Deas Queensland (USQ) 'S e meadhanach mòr, roinneil Oilthigh stèidhichte ann an Toomwoomba, Queensland, Astràilia, le trì oilthigh àrainnean aig Toomwoomba, Springfield and Ipswich. It offers courses in law, slàinte, innleadaireachd, saidheansan, gnìomhachais, foghlam, and the arts. USQ has been a leader in distance learning by leveraging technology since the 1970s, which has allowed it to serve rural Queensland and international communities through its on campus, air falbh bhon àrainn, and online programs. Ann 1998 it was named World’s Best On and Off Campus University by the International Council for Open and Distance Education and was winner of the Australian University of the Year Award in 2000-2001.
Tha e ag obair trì ionadan rannsachaidh agus seachd ionadan rannsachaidh a tha ag amas air raon farsaing de gnothachais, àiteachais, saidheansail, àrainneachd, teicneòlasach agus cùisean.
Tha an ionad a stèidheachadh ann an 1967 mar an Darling Downs àrainn an Queensland Institute of Technology. Ann 1971, it became the Darling Downs Institute of Advanced Education, an uair sin ann an Oilthigh Colaiste a Deas ann an Queensland 1990 agus mu dheireadh thall Oilthigh Deas Queensland ann 1992.
USQ gu pròiseil a 'toirt taic, luachan, agus spèis do raon farsaing de fèin-aithne cultarach, chànanan, and beliefs within the university. We work to provide information to all members of USQ, cho math ionadail agus eadar-nàiseanta coimhearsnachdan.
aig USQ, tha sinn moiteil às ar n-iomadachd:
- ar luchd-obrach làithreach a rugadh ann an 66 diofar dhùthchannan
- Tha againn 33 Indigenous luchd-obrach
- 17% de ar n-oileanach a tha an àireamh-sluaigh oileanaich eadar-nàiseanta
- our international students come from 94 diofar dhùthchannan
- 101 different languages are spoken by our active (Astràilia agus eadar-nàiseanta) oileanaich.
USQ oidhirpean a 'toirt seachad àrainneachd ionnsachaidh sàbhailte far a bheil a h-uile oileanach is an luchd-obrach urrainn fosgailte roinn bheachdan agus gu modhail cur an cèill na beachdan aca – regardless of their culture identity or religious affiliation. By acknowledging and respecting our diversity, tha e comasach dhuinn a 'neartachadh ar co-obrachail rannsachadh oidhirpean, agus ris USQ teagaisg agus ionnsachaidh eòlas.
aig USQ, tha sinn a 'strì gus:
- dhaingneachadh USQ ceannardas ann an ioma-chultarachd taobh a-staigh an Astràilia an t-siostam foghlaim àrd-ìre agus thall thairis
- a 'cur ri dearbh-aithne gun choimeas de USQ le bhith a' leasachadh phrògraman ùr-ghnàthach air ioma-chultarachd
- gabhail a-steach an Oilthigh agus coimhearsnachdan ionadail ann an ioma-chultarachd tro lìbhrigeadh sònraichte, choimhearsnachd ag amas air prògraman
- leasachadh nas fhaisge air co-obrachadh eadar riaghaltasan agus buidhnean neo-riaghaltais aig ionadail, stàite agus ìre nàiseanta ann an sgìre ioma-chultarachd
- taic a 'togail cultar làidir de ioma-chultarachd le oileanaich, ùr-ghnàthachadh ann an ionnsachadh agus teagasg agus eadar-nàiseantachas
- cur ri eadar-nàiseanta an Oilthigh, agus
- adhartachadh bun-bheachd ioma-chultarachd agus na buannachdan a chleachdadh ann an.
Sgoiltean / colaistean / roinnean / cùrsaichean / dàmhan
- Gnothachas & Commerce
- Creative Arts & meadhanan
- innleadaireachd & ÀRAINNEACHD THOGTE
- slàinte & coimhearsnachd
- nan Daonnachdan & Conaltradh
- Teicneolas fiosrachaidh
- Law and Justice
- Cànan na Beurla
- Pathways Programs
- Professional Development
In less than fifty years we have become a prominent multi-campus teaching and research institution providing education worldwide. Woven into the fabric of USQ is the vision and determination of many University and community members who, over the years, have been instrumental in implementing expansion and growth, shaping what we see today.
1967 Queensland Institute of Technology (Darling Downs)
On 2 An Dùbhlachd 1960 a public meeting of over 200 people from Toowoomba and surrounds led to the founding of the Darling Downs University Establishment Association under the Chairmanship of Dr Alex McGregor. Their purpose was to set up a higher education institution on the Darling Downs. The Association, with the support of the local community, lobbied government, raised funds and eventually succeeded with the formation of the Queensland Institute of Technology (Darling Downs) air 2 An Gearran 1967.
From one building in a bare green field, a Principal, eight full-time and five part-time academics, and five support staff taught our first 140 oileanaich 29 courses in engineering, business studies and science at Diploma and Certificate levels. From these humble beginnings a fine institution has grown.
1971 Darling Downs Institute of Advanced Education (DDIAE)
Anns an Ògmhios 1971, the Institute became an autonomous multi-purpose college under the control of its own College Council.
The DDIAE approach was centred on student-focussed learning and teaching through employment-focussed curricula. Professional courses were offered in:
- teicneolas fiosrachaidh
- creative and liberal arts.
The DDIAE underwent enormous growth in the student body between 1970 agus 1990 and consequently, the Toowoomba campus grew immensely.
Distance education delivery became our student’s preferred study mode during the mid-1970s. le bhith a ' 1980, external enrolments exceeded on-campus enrolments, and provided us with the opportunity to enter the international market. rè 1986-7 we accepted no less than three-quarters of Australia’s off-shore international student enrolments.
1990 University College of Southern Queensland (UCSQ)
In the late 1980s the DDIAE moved towards achieving full university status, initially as a University College for an interim period under the sponsorship of the University of Queensland.
During this time our first professors were appointed, major research programs were established, new teaching programs were introduced, and what would become a $100m capital works program over the next decade was commenced.
1992 Oilthigh a Deas Queensland (USQ)
The institution gained full university status in 1992, becoming the University of Southern Queensland (USQ). The University has changed dramatically in many ways since then, riamh:
- developing a significant research profile
- expanding our postgraduate coursework programs
- establishing significant branch campuses: Fraser Coast Campus in Hervey Bay on the central Queensland coast and the Springfield Campus in Brisbane’s western corridor
- expanding our ties with local communities, such as partnering to establish the Queensland College of Wine Tourism in Stanthorpe with the Department of Education and Training and Southern Queensland Institute of TAFE
- further expanding international programs including developing relationships with major off-shore centres and a strong on-shore presence through the Sydney Education Centre.
A bheil thu ag iarraidh discuss University of Southern Queensland ? Gheibh ceist sam bith, beachdan no lèirmheas
Sgaoil seo feumail info le do charaidean
Join to discuss of University of Southern Queensland.
THOIR AN AIRE: EducationBro Magazine 'toirt dhut comas leughaidh aig oilthighean mu info 96 chànanan, ach tha sinn ag iarraidh oirbh urram buill eile agus beachdan fhàgail anns a 'Bheurla.