- Oilthigh Ottawa
Tha Oilthigh Ottawa e 's motha dà-chànanach (English-French) oilthigh ann an t-saoghail. Suidhichte aig cridhe Canada calpa, againn cothrom gu mòr ionadan ar dùthcha. Tha ar n-adhartasan ann an saidheansan sòisealta, slàinte, saidheans agus na daonnachdan uOttawa dhèanamh na àite air leth airson ionnsachadh, fàs agus Excel.
Thairis air na deich bliadhna seo tighinn, Oilthigh Ottawa Thèid a chur air bhog prìomh iomairtean a tha a 'buntainn gu dìreach ris na prìomh luachan.
- Cur na h-oileanaich aig an ionad-foghlaim againn misean
- A 'comasachadh luchd-obrach againn a' fàs mar dhaoine fa leth agus mar bhuidheann
- A 'cruthachadh is a' roinn eòlas
- A 'brosnachadh dà-chànanas agus a' neartachadh coimhearsnachdan Frangach
- A 'Feuchainn agus a' brosnachadh an bheus seirbheis chatharra agus uallach
- Barrachd na 40,000 oileanaich, 5,000 luchd-obrach agus 180,000 alumni
- Barrachd na 450 prògraman ann an 10 dàmhan
- 97% ìre cosnaidh do luchd-ceumnachaidh
- Faisg air $60 millean gach bliadhna ann an oileanach sgoilearachdan agus bursaraidhean
- A 'chiad as motha agus prògram bogaidh Frangais am measg Chanada oilthighean
- A major eaconamach fhorsa ann Nàiseanta Calpa Region
- As motha lagh sgoil ann an Canada
Sgoiltean / colaistean / roinnean / cùrsaichean / dàmhan
- Aboriginal Studies
- Canadian and Aboriginal Studies
- Centre for Research on French Canadian Culture
- Classics and Religious Studies
- General BA
- Information Studies
- Institute for Science, Society, and Policy
- Medieval and Renaissance Studies
- Modern Languages and Literatures
- Official Languages and Bilingualism Institute
- Second Language Teaching
- Sanas Taigh-cluiche
- Translation and Interpretation
- Vered Jewish Canadian Studies
- Visual Arts
- World cinemas
- Civil Law
- Common Law
- Chemical agus Bith Innleadaireachd
- Innleadaireachd Shìobhalta
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Luchd-ceuma agus Postdoctoral Eòlais
- slàinte Saidheansan
- Health science (interdisciplinary)
- Human Kinetics
- Nutrition Sciences
- Rehabilitation Saidheansan
- Ottawa-Shanghai Joint School of Medicine
- MD Program (Undergraduate Medical Education)
- Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Program
- MD/PhD Program
- Postgraduate Medical Education Program
- Continuing Medical Education
- Biochemistry, Meanbh-bhitheolas agus Immunology
- Cellular and Molecular Medicine
- Epidemiology, Public Health and Preventive Medicine
- èiginn Medicine
- Teaghlach Medicine
- Innovation in Medical Education
- Medicine (Department)
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Eòlas agus eòlas-leighis lann
- Chemistry and Biomolecular Sciences
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Matamataig agus staitistigs
- Saidheansan sòisealta
- Feminist and Gender Studies
- International Development and Global Studies
- Political Eòlais
- Public and International Affairs
- Obair Shòisealta
- Sociological and Anthropological Studies
- Telfer School of Management
- Riaghaltas MBA
- Rianachd Ghoireasan Daonna
- International Management
- Rianachd Shiostaman Fiosrachaidh (DÈ)
- Master in Business Admin.
- Master of Health Admin.
The university was established on 26 An t-Sultain 1848 as the College of Bytown by the first Roman Catholic bishop of Ottawa, Joseph-Bruno Guigues. He entrusted administration to the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate. The college was originally located in Lower Town, housed in a wooden building next to the Notre-Dame Cathedral Basilica. Ach, space quickly became an issue for administrators, triggering two moves in 1852 and a final move to Sandy Hill in 1856. The Sandy Hill property was donated by Louis-Theodore Besserer, where he offered a substantial parcel from his estate for the college. The college was renamed College of Ottawa in 1861, following the city’s name change from Bytown to Ottawa. Ann 1866, the college received its first charter, as well as university status, making it the final institution in Canada to receive a Royal Charter from London before the British North America Act, 1867 made education a provincial responsibility. le bhith a ' 1872 the university had already begun to confer undergraduate degrees, with master’s degrees coming in 1875 and doctoral degrees in 1888. On 5 An Gearran 1889, the university was granted a pontifical charter from Pope Leo XIII, elevating the university to a pontifical university.
The university faced a crisis when fire destroyed the main building on 2 An Dùbhlachd 1903. After the fire, the university hired New York architect A. O. Von Herbulis to design its replacement, Tabaret Hall. It was among the first Canadian structures to be completely fireproof, built of reinforced concrete. Women first enrolled in 1919.
Anns a 'tuiteam 1939, a Canadian Officer Training Corp was established at the university, with training beginning on in January 1940. The Canadian Officers’ Training Corps, University of Ottawa Contingent, which comprised a company, headquarters and three platoons in 1939, was authorized to become a battalion in 1940. le bhith a ' 1941, the unit swelled to 550 men. An air force Officers’ Training Corp was created in 1942 and a naval Officers’ training corp in 1943. Participation in one of the three corps became mandatory for all students over 18, although they were not obliged to participate in the actual war at the end of their studies. Aig an àm seo, the Royal Canadian Air Force used parts of the university’s grounds for training and the university constructed barracks to house members of the Canadian Women’s Army Corps. Gu h-iomlan 1,158 students and alumni of the university enrolled the Canadian Forces during the Second World War, a ' 50 died overseas. The unit was eventually disbanded during the unification of the Armed Forces in 1968.
The Ottawa architecture firm of Burgess, McLean & MacPhadyen designed the Eastern Ontario Institute of Technology (later to merge with the Ontario Vocational Centre and renamed Algonquin College), opened its new Rideau Campus on a 12-acre city owned Lees Avenue site in 1964. After being unused for a number of years, the midcentury academic complex was sold to the University of Ottawa in January 2007.
The university was reorganized on 1 An t-Iuchar 1965 as a corporation independent from any outside body or religious organization, becoming publicly funded. As a result, the civil and pontifical charters were transferred to the newly created Saint Paul University, federated with the corporation, while the remaining civil faculties were retained by the reorganized university.
Ann 1974, a new policy mandated by the Government of Ontario strengthened institutional bilingualism at the university, with specific instructions to further bilingualism and biculturalism and preserve and develop French culture.
Ann 1989, Dr. Wilbert Keon of the University of Ottawa Heart Institute performed the country’s first neonatal artificial heart transplant on an 11-day-old baby.
On 11 An t-Samhain 1998, during the University of Ottawa’s 150th anniversary celebrations, two war memorial plaques were unveiled in the foyer of Tabaret Hall which honour 1000 graduates of the university community who took part in armed conflict, especially the list of 50 graduates who lost their lives.
The engineering building, Col By Hall, was unveiled in September 2005 as a memorial dedicated to Lieutenant-Colonel John By, Royal Engineers.
A bheil thu ag iarraidh discuss University of Ottawa ? Gheibh ceist sam bith, beachdan no lèirmheas
Sgaoil seo feumail info le do charaidean
Join to discuss of University of Ottawa.
THOIR AN AIRE: EducationBro Magazine 'toirt dhut comas leughaidh aig oilthighean mu info 96 chànanan, ach tha sinn ag iarraidh oirbh urram buill eile agus beachdan fhàgail anns a 'Bheurla.