- Jami'ar Dundee
The University ta rarrabe hali ta fito ne daga ikon zama duka aspirational da kasa-da-ƙasa. Mu ne iya saje kasa-watse ilimi nasara da m aikace-aikace.
The University ya gani da yawa canje-canje tun da shi ya zama mai zaman kanta ma'aikata a 1967. Wannan 'yancin kai a bi 70 shekara dangantaka da jami'ar St Andrews, amma mu na asali manufar rage.
Mun restated wannan manufar a cikin Sake Kama Vision. Yana da abin da muka yi a yau, kuma yana da abin da muke yi ko da yaushe a yi. Abin da ya:
“fasalin rayuwar gida da kuma duniya ta hanyar halittar, sharing da kuma aikace-aikace na ilmi.”
A yau za mu gani nan manufar da yawa a cikin hanyoyi:
- excelling a cikin koyarwa da bincike;
- bayar da tasu gudunmuwar da zamantakewa, tattalin arziki da kuma al'adu rayuwar Scotland da kuma fadi duniya;
- siffata da gaba da warware muhimmanci real-duniya matsaloli.
Mun shine su zama Scotland ta manyan University. Muna so ya zama mafi kyau a abin da muke yi a cikin abin da muka za i su yi, kuma a gane a duniya saboda ingancin mu digiri da tasiri na mu bincike.
Muna kore ta so a warware gwaji kalubale, kuma zai mayar da hankali kokarin mu a fannoni uku:
- Amfani duniya albarkatun a ci hanyar
- Firtsin ta zane
- Inganta kiwon lafiya da kuma wellbeing
Za mu yi aiki a fadin magana iyakoki; kawo gwaninta da banbancin ra'ayi. Wannan zai taimaka mana mu kusanci al'amurran da suka shafi a sabuwar, kalubale da kuma m hanyoyi. Mun ba mu ma'aikatan da daliban mu da wajen haifar da real-duniya tasiri, taimaka warware duniya matsaloli da kuma sake fasalin rayuwar.
- Campus Shops: Location da jerin shagunan samuwa a harabar seeCampus Map.
- Chaplaincy: The ɗakin sujada, kofi bar da falo suna samuwa don amfani ga ayyuka, abubuwan da suka faru, nune-nunen, jam'iyyun, taro, taro da lunchtime kide.
- Conference & ganawa Facilities: Facilities samuwa ga sakamako ciki har da wani taron cibiyar, horo gidaje, taron karawa juna sani da dakuna, gidajensu, kuma sinimomi.
- DNA jerawa Services – ganin The jerawa Service, School of Life Sciences
- (samuwa ga ciki dalibai da kuma ma'aikatan kawai).
- IT Suites da IT Facilities (samuwa ga ciki dalibi kuma ma'aikatan amfani kawai).
- library & Learning Centre: The LLC yana shida babba shafukanmu da kuma 24/7 damar yin amfani da ilimi e-albarkatun da rumfa ilmantarwa muhalli. dalibai, ma'aikatan da na waje members Maraba don amfani da LLC ta ayyuka.
- Sports Facilities: The Institute for Sport kuma Exercise yayi wurare domin sakamako ga wasa da kuma sauran abubuwan da suka faru e.g. kamfanin wasanni rana; taro; yan hudu horo. Corporate membobinsu kunshe-kunshe ma samuwa.
- Video gudanar da taro Facilities.
Schools / kolejoji / sashen / Darussan / ikon tunani
School of Art, kuma Design
- Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art & Design
School of Ilimin hakora
- Postgraduate Studies
School of Education and Social Work
School of Bil Adama
- American Nazarin
- Centre for Archive and Information Studies
- Turai Nazarin
School of Life Sciences
- Learning and Teaching
School of Medicine
- Clinical Skills Centre
- Cuschieri Skills Centre
- Medical Education Institute
- Centre for Legal & Forensic Medicine
- Division for PG Medical Education
- Division for UG Medical and Medical Sciences Education
- MEI – Support
School of Nursing and Health Sciences
- Post Qualifying
School of Science and Engineering
- Centre for Anatomy and Human Identification
- Civil Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Ininiyan inji
School of Social Sciences
- Accounting da Finance
- Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy
- Centre for Water Law, Policy and Science (under the auspices of UNESCO)
- Economic Studies
- Environmental Science
- labarin kasa
- Management and Marketing
- Town and Regional Planning
The demand for a University in Dundee arose as part of a movement – common to many of the larger industrial centres of Britain at that time – for the extension of liberal education and the advancement of technical instruction.
a 1881, largely because of the foresight and generosity of Dr John Boyd Baxter and Miss Mary Ann Baxter of Balgavies – distantly related members of a wealthy and influential local family – Jami'ar College, Dundee, was founded as an independent academic institution for
‘promoting the education of persons of both sexes and the study of Science, Literature and the Fine Arts’.
Notwithstanding its independence, the College had no power to award degrees and for some years students were prepared for the external examinations of the University of London. Amongst the earlier teachers were men of great eminence -including (to give them their later titles):
- Sir William Peterson, the College’s first Principal, who was afterwards Principal of McGill University, Montreal;
- Sir Alfred Ewing, later Principal of Edinburgh University;
- Sir D’Arcy Thompson, the biologist;
- Sir Patrick Geddes, the botanist and town planner;
- and Sir William McCormick who was to become the first secretary of the Carnegie Trust, and later the first chairman of the University Grants Committee.
a 1897 University College became part of the University of St Andrews. This union served to give expression to local feeling that there should be a vital connection between the old and the new in academic affairs, and that a venerable institution in a small town and a modern establishment in a large city might well complement each other in a manner advantageous to both.
a 1954, consequent upon constitutional changes within the University of St Andrews, Jami'ar College, with the gracious consent of Her Majesty the Queen, was renamed Queen’s College. These changes, which included the incorporation of the Dundee School of Economics in the College, though they improved its status substantially, left it as an integral part of the University of St Andrews. The rapidly increasing pressure upon university places in the years that followed and the evident need to expand the teaching and research facilities in Dundee, reinforced a local sentiment of long standing in favour of the elevation of the College to independent university status.
The Committee on Higher Education under the chairmanship of Lord Robbins recommended in its report to Parliament in October 1963 that
‘at least one, and perhaps two, of the new university foundations should be in Scotland’.
The Government approved the initiation of the processes necessary to create a university in Dundee, da kuma a 1964 the University Court of the University of St Andrews appointed an Academic Advisory Committee, under the chairmanship of Mr R. B. McCallum, the Master of Pembroke College, Oxford, to advise on the constitution of the proposed University and on the academic developments to be undertaken in it. a 1966, on the basis of recommendations made by the Advisory Committee, the University Court and the Council of Queen’s College submitted a joint petition to the Privy Council seeking the grant of a Royal Charter to establish the University of Dundee. This petition was approved and, in terms of the Charter, Queen’s College became the University of Dundee on the first of August 1967.
a 1974 the University created a Faculty of Environmental Studies which validated degrees of the Schools of Architecture and Town and Regional Planning of Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art. By 1988 all degree courses offered at the College were validated by the University. This collaboration between the two institutions led to a formal merger of the College and the University with effect from 1 Agusta 1994 with the College becoming a Faculty of the University.
a 1995 the University was successful in securing, on a competitive basis, the contract from the Scottish Office Health Department for pre-registration nursing and midwifery education in Fife and Tayside. This led to Tayside College of Nursing and Fife College of Health Studies becoming part of the University from 1 Satumba 1996 as a single School of Nursing and Midwifery within the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry which was subsequently renamed, da Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Nursing.
a watan Disamba, 2001 the University merged with the Dundee campus of Northern College (of Education) to create the Faculty of Education and Social Work.
Kuna so discuss University of Dundee ? Duk wani question, comments ko reviews
Tura wannan m info tare da abokanka
Join to discuss of University of Dundee.
lura: EducationBro Magazine ya ba ka ikon karanta info game jami'o'i a 96 harsuna, amma mun tambaye ku girmama sauran members kuma barin comments in English.