- University of Texas ntawm Austin
University of Texas ntawm Austin
Txheej txheem cej luam
University of Texas at Austin is a public institution that was founded in 1883.
Tuition fees in University of Texas at Austin is $35,000 (Aprox.).
Txhua yam yog loj nyob rau hauv Texas, raws li cov lus hais tias mus, thiab nws tuas muaj tseeb nyob rau University of Texas at Austin, ib tug ntawm cov loj tshaj plaws cov tsev kawm ntawv nyob rau hauv lub teb chaws. Lub tsev kawm ntawv muaj ib tug ntawm cov loj tshaj Greek systems nyob rau hauv lub teb chaws, ob ntawm cov loj tshaj plaws tus menyuam kawm ntawv cov ntaub ntawv thiab ntau tshaj 900 pab pawg thiab koom haum rau cov tub ntxhais kawm. The UT at Austin sports teams are notorious competitors in the Division I Big 12 lub rooj sib tham, kev txhawb los ntawm mascot Bevo lub longhorn. Lub rau Ntauwd, ib tug lofty tsev kawm ntawv tus qauv, yog lit nyob rau hauv lub tsev kawm ntawv burnt txiv kab ntxwv xim tom qab notable kev ua si achievements thiab glows ib tug '# 1' thaum ib pab neeg yeej ib lub teb chaws championship. Freshmen tsis muaj nyob rau hauv tsev kawm ntawv, thiab tej zaum yuav xaiv mus nyob rau hauv plawv nroog Austin, situated hais txog ib tug peb lub hlis twg mais deb. Cov vibrant nroog yog lub npe hu rau nws cov music, khoom noj khoom haus, sab nraum zoov kev ua ub no thiab nightlife, thiab cov menyuam kawm tau mus dawb rau cov thawj Metro cov tsheb npav nrog pov thawj ntawm ID.
Rau yog muab faib mus rau hauv 18 cov tsev kawm ntawv thiab kawm ntawv qib siab, qhov loj tshaj plaws uas yog lub College ntawm nrug Arts. Rau tus kawm tiav cov kev pab cuam muaj xws li cov mas ranked McCombs tsev kawm ntawv ntawm lub lag luam, College of Education, Cockrell tsev kawm ntawv ntawm Engineering, Kawm ntawv qib siab ntawm Fine Arts, Lub tsev kawm ntawv ntawm Laus, College of Pharmacy and School of Social Work, nyob rau hauv tas li ntawd mus rau lub zoo-ntshai Tsev Kawm Ntawv ntawm Architecture. Rau muaj pua pua ntawm txoj kev tshawb txawv teb chaws cov kev pab cuam, nrog rau feem ntau nrov destinations ua Spain, Ltalis, hauv lub tebchaws United Kingdom, Fabkis thiab Tuam Tshoj. Notable alumni xws li yav tas los tshob rau dej Roger Clemens, actor Matthew McConaughey ntawm films “Cov kab tshoob Planner” thiab “Yuav ua li cas mus poob ib tug txiv leej tub nyob rau hauv 10 hnub” thiab yav tas los thawj zoo Laura Bush.
Cov tsev kawm ntawv / tsev kawm ntawv qib / departments / Cov Hoob / faculties
- Cockrell tsev kawm ntawv ntawm Engineering
- Dell Medical School
- College of Education
- Kawm ntawv qib siab ntawm Fine Arts
- Kawm ntawv qib siab ntawm nrug Arts
- College of Natural Sciences
- College ntawm tshuaj
- Continuing Education
- Graduate Studies
- Jackson School of Geosciences
- LBJ School of Public Affairs
- McCombs School of Business
- Moody College of Communication
- Lub tsev kawm ntawv ntawm Architecture
- School of Information
- Lub tsev kawm ntawv ntawm txoj cai lij choj
- Lub tsev kawm ntawv ntawm Laus
- Lub tsev kawm ntawv ntawm kev ua hauj lwm
- School of Undergraduate Studies
The first mention of a public university in Texas can be traced to the 1827 constitution for the Mexican state of Coahuila y Tejas. Although Title 6, Article 217 of that Constitution promised to establish public education in the arts and sciences, no action was taken by the Mexican government. After Texas obtained its independence from Mexico in 1836, the Texas Congress adopted the Constitution of the Republic, uas, under Section 5 of its General Provisions, stated “It shall be the duty of Congress, as soon as circumstances will permit, to provide, by law, a general system of education.” On April 18, 1838, “An Act to Establish the University of Texas” was referred to a special committee of the Texas Congress, but was not reported back for further action. Nyob rau lub ib hlis ntuj 26, 1839, the Texas Congress agreed to set aside fifty leagues of land (approx. 288,000 acres) towards the establishment of a publicly funded university. Nyob rau hauv tas li ntawd, 40 acres (160,000 m2) in the new capital of Austin were reserved and designated “College Hill.” (The term “Forty Acres” is colloquially used to refer to the University as a whole. The original forty acres is the area from Guadalupe to Speedway and 21st Street to 24th Street )
Nyob rau hauv 1845, Texas was annexed into the United States. Interestingly, the state’s Constitution of 1845 failed to mention the subject of higher education. Lub ob hlis ntuj 11, 1858, the Seventh Texas Legislature approved O.B. 102, an act to establish the University of Texas, which set aside $100,000 in United States bonds toward construction of the state’s first publicly funded university(lub $100,000 was an allocation from the $10 million the state received pursuant to the Compromise of 1850 and Texas’ relinquishing claims to lands outside its present boundaries). Nyob rau hauv tas li ntawd, the legislature designated land reserved for the encouragement of railroad construction toward the university’s endowment. Nyob rau lub ib hlis ntuj 31, 1860, the state legislature, wanting to avoid raising taxes, passed an act authorizing the money set aside for the University of Texas to be used for frontier defense in west Texas to protect settlers from Indian attacks. Texas’ secession from the Union and the American Civil War delayed repayment of the borrowed monies. At the end of the Civil War in 1865, The University of Texas’ endowment consisted of a little over $16,000 in warrants and nothing substantive had been done to organize the university’s operations. This effort to establish a University was again mandated by Article 7, Section 10 of the Texas Constitution of 1876 which directed the legislature to “establish, organize and provide for the maintenance, support and direction of a university of the first class, to be located by a vote of the people of this State, and styled “The University of Texas.” Ntxiv, Article 7, Section 11 ntawm lub 1876 Constitution established the Permanent University Fund, a sovereign wealth fund managed by the Board of Regents of the University of Texas and dedicated for the maintenance of the university. Because some state legislators perceived an extravagance in the construction of academic buildings of other universities, Article 7, Section 14 of the Constitution expressly prohibited the legislature from using the state’s general revenue to fund construction of university buildings. Funds for constructing university buildings had to come from the university’s endowment or from private gifts to the university, but operational expenses for the university could come from the state’s general revenues.
cov 1876 Constitution also revoked the endowment of the railroad lands of the Act of 1858 but dedicated 1,000,000 acres (4,000 km2) ntawm thaj av, along with other property appropriated for the university, to the Permanent University Fund. This was greatly to the detriment of the university as the lands granted the university by the Constitution of 1876 represented less than 5% of the value of the lands granted to the university under the Act of 1858 (the lands close to the railroads were quite valuable while the lands granted the university were in far west Texas, distant from sources of transportation and water). The more valuable lands reverted to the fund to support general education in the state (the Special School Fund). On April 10, 1883, the legislature supplemented the Permanent University Fund with another 1,000,000 acres of land in west Texas previously granted to the Texas and Pacific Railroad but returned to the state as seemingly too worthless to even survey. The legislature additionally appropriated $256,272.57 to repay the funds taken from the university in 1860 to pay for frontier defense and for transfers to the state’s General Fund in 1861 thiab 1862. cov 1883 grant of land increased the land in the Permanent University Fund to almost 2.2 million acres. Under the Act of 1858, the university was entitled to just over 1,000 acres of land for every mile of railroad built in the state. Had the original 1858 grant of land not been revoked by the 1876 cov kevcai tswj, los ntawm 1883 the university lands would have totaled 3.2 million acres, so the 1883 grant was to restore lands taken from the university by the 1876 cov kevcai tswj, not an act of munificence.
Nyob rau lub peb hlis ntuj 30, 1881, the legislature set forth the structure and organization of the university and called for an election to establish its location. By popular election on September 6, 1881, Austin (nrog 30,913 votes) was chosen as the site of the main university. Galveston, having come in second in the election (20,741 votes) was designated the location of the medical department (Houston was third with 12,586 votes). Nyob rau lub kaum ib hlis 17, 1882, on the original “College Hill,” an official ceremony was held to commemorate the laying of the cornerstone of the Old Main building. University President Ashbel Smith, presiding over the ceremony prophetically proclaimed “Texas holds embedded in its earth rocks and minerals which now lie idle because unknown, resources of incalculable industrial utility, of wealth and power. Smite the earth, smite the rocks with the rod of knowledge and fountains of unstinted wealth will gush forth.” The University of Texas officially opened its doors on September 15, 1883.
The first presidential library on a university campus was dedicated on May 22, 1971 with former President Johnson, Lady Bird Johnson and then-President Richard Nixon in attendance. Constructed on the eastern side of the main campus, the Lyndon Baines Johnson Library and Museum is one of 13 presidential libraries administered by the National Archives and Records Administration.
A statue of Martin Luther King, Jr. was unveiled on campus in 1999 and subsequently vandalized. los ntawm 2004, John Butler, a professor at theMcCombs School of Business suggested moving it to Morehouse College, a historically black college, “a place where he is loved.”
The University of Texas at Austin has experienced a wave of new construction recently with several significant buildings. On April 30, 2006, the school opened the Blanton Museum of Art. Nyob rau hauv lub yim hli ntuj 2008, the AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center opened, with the hotel and conference center forming part of a new gateway to the university. Tsis tas li ntawd nyob rau hauv 2008, Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium was expanded to a seating capacity of 100,119, making it the largest stadium (by capacity) in the state of Texas at the time.
Nyob rau lub ib hlis ntuj 19, 2011, the university announced the creation of a 24-hour television network in partnership with ESPN, dubbed the Longhorn Network. ESPN will pay a $300 million guaranteed rights fee over 20 years to the university and to IMG College, UT Austin’s multimedia rights partner. The network covers the university’s intercollegiate athletics, music, cultural arts and academics programs. The channel first aired in September 2011.
Koj puas xav discuss University of Texas at Austin ? tej lo lus nug, lus los yog kev txheeb xyuas
Muab daim ntawv pab tau info nrog koj cov phooj ywg
Join to discuss of University of Texas at Austin.
THOV NCO NTSOOV: EducationBro Magazine muab koj muaj peev xwm nyeem info txog universities ntawm 96 lus, tab sis peb thov kom koj mus hwm lwm cov neeg thiab tawm cov lus nyob rau lus Askiv.