- Queen Mary University of London
Queen Mary University of London
Queen Mary University of London bụ otu n'ime UK si eduga nnyocha-okowụk agụmakwụkwọ ka elu oru. na gburugburu 21,187 ụmụ akwụkwọ, 4,000 mkpara na-eme kwa afọ ntụgharị nke £ 300m, anyị bụ otu n'ime ndị kasị University of London kọleji.
Anyị na-akụziri na nnyocha gafee a metụtara ọtụtụ ihe na Humanities, -elekọta mmadụ na sayensị, iwu, nkà mmụta ọgwụ na dentistry, na sayensị na injinịa. Dabere na a kee ihe na ọdịbendị iche iche ebe ọwụwa anyanwụ London, anyị bụ nanị London mahadum enwe ike inye a kpamkpam integrated 2,000 bed residential campus na anyị Mile End home.
Queen Mary mere ka a stratejik nkwa na-kasị mma nke nnyocha. Anyị tinyere na ụkpụrụ a site n'usoro ew ndị kasị mma mmụta nọ ha ọzụzụ si gburugburu ụwa. The results nke na-adịbeghị anya mba ntule nke research - na Research Ọkasị Framework (Onye na-egbu egwuregwu 2014) - Nwere enen ọnọdụ anyị n'elu elu ya kpọmkwem otu nnyocha na-ada mahadum na UK. N'ozuzu anyị na-họọrọ usen 9 ke UK n'etiti multi-ngalaba mahadum na 5th na UK maka pasent nke anyị 3* na 4* research ndapụta.
Queen Mary awade pụtara ìhè ụmụ akwụkwọ a na-akpali akpali, akwado ya ma na elu-edu mmụta ahụmahụ, na izi n'ike mmụọ nsọ ka ụwa anyị-eduga nnyocha. Anyị nwekwara nyekwara ihe karịrị £ 250m na ihe owuwu ọhụrụ n'elu ikpeazụ afọ iri na ise na-enye anyị na ụmụ akwụkwọ ahụkebe mmụta gburugburu ebe obibi. Nke a na-apụta ìhè anyị anọgide elu-etoju nke na-amụrụ afọ ojuju. Na-adịbeghị anya National Student Survey (NSS 2015), 88 pasent nke anyị undergraduates owụt 'n'ozuzu afọ ojuju’ na oge ha ebe a, na iri na abụọ na-achị na n'elu atọ na London.
Schools / Colleges / Departments / ọmụmụ / ikike iche
Faculty of Humanities na Social Sciences
- School of Business and Management
- School of Economics and Finance
- School of English and Drama
- Department of English
- Department of Drama
- School of Languages, Linguistics and Film
- comparative Literature
- film Studies
- Iberian and Latin American Studies
- Language Center
- School of Geography
- School of History
- School of Law
- Centre for Commercial Law Studies
- Department of Law
- School of Politics and International Relations
Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry
- Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry
- Barts Cancer Institute
- The Blizard Institute
- Institute of Dentistry
- Institute of Health Sciences Education
- William Harvey Research Institute
- Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine
- The Centre of the Cell
Faculty of Science and Engineering
- School of Biological and Chemical Sciences
- School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science
- Kọmputa sayensị
- kọmputa Engineering
- School of Engineering and Materials Science
- Interdisciplinary Research Centre in Biomedical Materials
- School of Mathematical Sciences
- School of Physics na Astronomy
- Research Centre in Psychology
Queen Mary has its roots in four historic colleges: Queen Mary College, Westfield College, St Bartholomew’s Hospital Medical College and the London Hospital Medical College.
The Mile End campus is historically the home of Queen Mary College, which began life in 1887 as the People’s Palace, a philanthropic centre to provide east Londoners with educational, cultural and social activities. Queen Mary College was admitted to the University of London in 1915. Westfield College was founded in 1882 in Hampstead as a pioneering college for the higher education of women. na 1989 Queen Mary merged with Westfield College to form Queen Mary and Westfield College.
na 1995, Queen Mary and Westfield merged again, this time with two distinguished medical colleges, St Bartholomew’s Hospital Medical College, guzosie ike 1843, and the London Hospital Medical College, England’s first medical school, hiwere na 1785. This merger created Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistryand brought clinical medical and dental teaching to Queen Mary for the first time.
na 2013, the legal name of Queen Mary and Westfield College, University of London was officially changed to Queen Mary University of London to reflect common usage. This year also saw Queen Mary decide to award its own degrees, with the 2014 graduates being the first to receive them.
The College’s Archives hold a wealth of fascinating institutional archives and rare prints, dating from the 17th Century to the present day. The collections provide an insight into some of the scholarly activities of QMUL staff and students in the past, documenting the rich history of QMUL.
Did you know?
- We have the second oldest surviving Jewish cemetery in England, a Spanish Portuguese Jewish cemetery dating from 1726, in the centre of our campus.
- The skeleton of Joseph Merrick, the Elephant Man, is housed in the School of Medicine and Dentistry’s Pathology Museum.
- The Medical College of the Royal London Hospital (now part of Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry) was England’s first medical school when it opened in 1785.
- site 1964 ruo mgbe 1982 Queen Mary College maintained its own nuclear reactor, initially sited beneath Mile End Road.
- Elizabeth Blackwell, the first fully qualified female doctor in the UK, trained at Barts Hospital Medical College in 1850.
- Sir John Vane, who founded the William Harvey Research Institute, is credited with discovering how aspirin and similar drugs produced their effects.
- Sir Walter Besant’s 1882 novel All Sorts and Condition of Men – An Impossible Story, imagined a ‘Palace of Delights’ in east London with concert halls, reading rooms, picture galleries, art school and education for local people – this was the inspiration for The People’s Palace and the start of Queen Mary today.
Ị chọrọ discuss Queen Mary University of London ? ajụjụ ọ bụla, comments ma ọ bụ reviews
Ọria bara uru Ama na ndị enyi gị
Join to discuss of Queen Mary University of London.
BIKO RỤBA AMA: EducationBro Magazine na-enye gị inwe ike ịgụ Ama banyere mahadum na 96 asụsụ, ma anyị na-arịọ gị ka ị na-akwanyere ndị ọzọ so na ịhapụ ihe na English.