University of Exeter

University of Exeter. Ọmụmụ na England, UK

University of Exeter Details

  • Country : United Kingdom
  • City : Exeter
  • acronym : U of E
  • tọrọ ntọala : 1922
  • Students (ihe ruru.) : 21000
  • Echefukwala discuss University of Exeter
Enroll at University of Exeter

Overview


The University of Exeter, ụlọ ọrụ UK si n'elu 10 n'oge gara aga 4 afọ (The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide) na kwubara na n'elu 100 mahadum ke ererimbot dị ka Times Higher Educationmba rankings. The CWTS Leiden n'usoro 2015 nsị anyị 34th na ụwa maka itinye aka na nkà mmụta sayensị na mmekota na mmetụta. Anyị bụ ndị a so na prestigious Russell Group nke nnyocha kpụ ọkụ n'ọnụ mahadum.

The àgwà nke mmuta na ahụmahụ natara na Mahadum Exeter pụtara na anyị ọkwá 8th na UK ke ọhụrụTimes Higher Education -Amụrụ Ahụmahụ Survey.

Dị ka ọhụrụ Higher Education Statistics Agency Data, anyị na-enịm usen 9 ke otu kpukpru UK mahadum maka mmeta: 84 pasent nke anyị na ụmụ akwụkwọ gụchara na ma a mbụ ma ọ bụ 2:1.

Anyị na ụmụ akwụkwọ na-achọ a otutu anyị na anyị n'ime ha - nzube anyị ime ka ozizi anyị inspirational na gị amụta ahụkebe.

Research-sitere n'ike mmụọ nsọ izi

Anyị agụmakwụkwọ mkpara nwere ihe karịrị nkụzi na-akụziri na akwụkwọ. Ha ibido na-eduga nnyocha na isiokwu gị ebe. Iri itoolu na asatọ pasent nke anyị nnyocha na-e gosiri dị ka ụwa na-eduga ma ọ bụ mba dị (Research Ọkasị Framework 2014). Ị ga na-akụziri ndị ọkachamara na-abụ akụkụ nke a omenala bụ ndị sitere na nnyocha - ị ga-atụle ụzọ kasị ọhụrụ echiche na nzukọ ọmụmụ na Nkuzi na a wee ghọọ ifịk so a ìgwè ndị nnyocha.

Na Exeter ụmụ akwụkwọ na-etinye na obi nke usoro na-nyere na nkà na owuwu ka ekwusi okwu echiche nke onwe ha ma na-achọ. Elu-etoju nke ntụkwasị obi na-nyekwara ke ụmụ akwụkwọ na-enwe mmetụta nke aka ha mahadum ahụmahụ na ya pụta na-ukwuu-akwụghachi ụgwọ.

The Students 'Guild bụ n'ebe ahụ ikwado ma na-eduzi nke a, na nti mmekọrịta anyị nwere na University na-enye ohere echiche maka mgbanwe-abịa fruition.

Nke a ọdịbendị ha pụrụ iche na-predominantly-enweta site na ọrụ mere site anyị raara onwe Isiokwu reps ndị Change Agents atụmatụ, ma ọ bụla akwụkwọ na-ume-atụtụ na-arụ na obodo banyere ha. Ebe a, onye obula na-kpọrọ ịbụ akụkụ nke a otu, ahụ na otú ụmụ akwụkwọ na-arụ ọrụ na-ezukọta na ihe dị ka ozizi awards, ọmụmaatụ, echekwara a elu. Ebe tozuru oke na ha ọtụtụ puku maka mkpara ha na-achọ usọrọ, ụmụ akwụkwọ na-mgbe ahụ jụrụ isonyere mkpara na a fabulous ememme, ịhụ ndị mmadụ si n'ebe niile campus na ọbụna n'ihu na-abịa ọnụ na-aghọta ọrụ ike.

Anyị na-nọrọ n'ụlọ a shadowing atụmatụ, na ụmụ akwụkwọ na-esonụ ka ndị agadi nọ mkpara maka otu ụbọchị na nkpa-n'aka-ada nke a site shadowing ha na nloghachi. M wee akụkụ ke a afọ gara aga, ịga ọmụmụ ihe Deputy Vice-chancelo maka Education, Janice Kay, onye bịarutere m okwu ihu ọha ma nzukọ ọmụmụ e mesịrị n'izu ahụ. E nweghị nkewa ebe a, anyị na-niile arụ ọrụ ọnụ na onye ọ bụla echee mfe ịbịakwute.

Imogen Sanders

Ụmụ akwụkwọ 'Guild Vice President Ọmụmụ Affairs

Schools / Colleges / Departments / ọmụmụ / ikike iche


The Business School

  • Accounting
  • Economics
  • Finance
  • Organisation Studies
  • Management Studies

College of Life and Environmental Sciences

  • Biosciences
  • Environment and Sustainability Institute
  • Geography
  • Living Systems Institute
  • Psychology
  • Egwuregwu na Health Sciences

College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences

  • Kọmputa sayensị
  • Engineering
  • Environment and Sustainability Institute
  • geology
  • Living Systems Institute
  • Mgbakọ na mwepụ
  • Mining and Minerals Engineering
  • Natural Sciences
  • Physics na Astronomy
  • Renewable Energy

College of Social Sciences and International Studies

  • Arab and Islamic Studies
  • Education
  • Environment and Sustainability Institute
  • iwu
  • Politics
  • sociology, Philosophy and Anthropology
  • Strategy and Security Institute

College of Humanities

  • Archaeology
  • Art History and Visual Culture
  • Ochie na Ancient History
  • Drama
  • English
  • film Studies
  • Foreign Language Centre
  • History
  • Liberal Arts
  • Modern Asụsụ
  • Theology and Religion

Medical School

  • Institute of Biomedical & Clinical Science
  • Institute of Health Research
  • Living Systems Institute
  • Medicine
  • Medical Imaging
  • Medical Sciences

History


To celebrate the educational and scientific work of Prince Albert, and inspired by the Great Exhibition of 1851, Exeter School of Art in 1855 and the Exeter School of Science in 1863 were founded. na 1868, the Schools of Art and Science relocated to Royal Albert Memorial Museum in Queen Street, Exeter and, with support from the University of Cambridge, ghọrọ Exeter Technical and University Extension College na 1893.

na 1900 its official title was changed to the Royal Albert Memorial College and the college moved to Bradninch Place in Gandy Street. The college was again renamed to the University College of the South West of England na 1922 after the college was incorporated under theCompanies Act and included on the list of institutions eligible to receive funds from the then University Grants Committee. As was customary for new university institutions in England in the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, the college prepared students for external degrees of the University of London.

Alderman W H Reed, a former mayor of Exeter, donated Streatham Hall on the Streatham Estate to the new University College in 1922. Streatham Hall was renamed to Reed Hall after its benefactor. N'otu oge ahụ, the first principal of the University College, later Sir Hector Hetherington, persuaded the Council of the College to buy a major portion of the Streatham Estate. A slow move to the Streatham Estate from the centre of the city occurred over time. The first new building erected on the Streatham Estate was the Washington Singer building; the foundation stone was laid by the Prince of Wales (later King Edward VIII), then President of the University College of the South West of England. The building was opened in 1931. The first of the purpose-built halls of residence, Mardon Hall, mepere 1933. The second academic building on the estate was the Roborough Library named in recognition of the interest taken in the development of the college by the first Lord Roborough, one of its early benefactors. Roborough Library was completed around 1939.

The University College of the South West of England became the University of Exeter and received its Royal Charter in 1955, exactly one hundred years after the formation of the original Exeter School of Art. Queen Elizabeth II presented the Charter to the university on a visit to Streatham the following year.

The university underwent a period of considerable expansion in the 1960s. n'etiti 1963 na 1968, a period when the number of students at Exeter almost doubled, no fewer than ten major buildings were completed on the Streatham estate as well as halls of residence for around 1,000 ụmụ akwụkwọ. These included homes for the Chemistry and Physics departments, the Newman, Laver and Engineering Buildings and Streatham Court. Queen’s Building had been opened for the Arts Faculty in 1959 and the Amory Building, housing Law and Social Sciences, followed in 1974. In the following two decades, considerable investment was made in developing new self-catering accommodation for students.

Gifts from the Gulf States made it possible to build a new university library in 1983 and more recently have allowed for the creation of a new Institute of Arab and Islamic Studies. A further major donation enabled the completion of the Xfi Centre for Finance and Investment. ebe ọ bụ na 2009, significant further investment has been made into new student accommodation, new buildings in The Business School, and the Forum: a new development for the centre of Streatham Campus.

na 1838, the Exeter Diocesan Board of Education resolved to found an institution for the education and training of schoolmasters, the first such initiative in England. N'ihi ya, a year later, the Exeter Diocesan Training College was created in Cathedral Close, Exeter at the former house of the Archdeacon of Totnes, adjacent to Exeter Cathedral. The first Principal was appointed and the college opened in 1840.

Expansion followed, na na 1853, John Hayward (who was later responsible for the design of the Royal Albert Memorial Museum) was commissioned to design a purpose built premises for the college on Heavitree Road. The building, largely built in grey limestone from Torbaywith Bath Stone dressings, was completed by the autumn of the following year. on 18 October 1854, after a service in Exeter Cathedral, an opening ceremony for the new buildings was held. From this date in 1854 (St Luke’s Day), the college was unofficially known as St Luke’s. The college’s intake in 1854 bụ 40 ụmụ akwụkwọ.

In parallel, at the Royal Albert Memorial College, an initiative within the Arts and Sciences department in 1912 eventually led to the formation of an Institute of Education (of which St Luke’s College was a constituent member) and a separate department of Extra Mural Studies for the purposes of teacher training. Exeter Diocesan Training College was formally renamed to St Luke’s College Exeter in 1930 and became co-educational in 1966.

na 1978, St Luke’s College Exeter was incorporated into the University of Exeter. A faculty was created incorporating the university’s Institute of Education and St Luke’s College Exeter into a new School of Education.

The Peninsula Medical School was established in 2000 in conjunction with the University of Plymouth and the National Health Service, based at St Luke’s and the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital. The School of Dentistry opened in 2007 na, together with the Peninsula Medical School, created the Peninsula College of Medicine and Dentistry. St Luke’s campus is the main site for the University of Exeter Medical School, which accepted its first students in 2013.

During the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, Cornwall was among the most significant metalliferous mining regions in the world. Camborne School of Mines was founded in 1888 to meet the needs of this local industry.

Camborne School of Mines was located in the centre of Camborne for almost a century but, following major investment by the international mining industry and others, relocated in 1975 to purpose-built facilities mid-way between Camborne and Redruth. Significant expansion and diversification of teaching and research provision occurred during the 1980s and early 1990s, including the development of undergraduate and taught postgraduate degree programmes in geology, environmental science and surveying. na 1993, Camborne School of Mines was incorporated into the University of Exeter.

Initiatives by the University of Exeter and others to expand the provision of higher education in Cornwall resulted in the Combined Universities in Cornwall (CUC) initiative in 1999. As part of this initiative, Penryn, just outside Falmouth, became the site of the Penryn Campus, a facility shared with Falmouth University. Camborne School of Mines relocated to Penryn during 2004 when the university’s new Cornwall Campus opened.


Ị chọrọ discuss University of Exeter ? ajụjụ ọ bụla, comments ma ọ bụ reviews


University of Exeter on Map


Photo


photos: University of Exeter ukara Facebook

video





Ọria bara uru Ama na ndị enyi gị

University of Exeter reviews

Join to discuss of University of Exeter.
BIKO RỤBA AMA: EducationBro Magazine na-enye gị inwe ike ịgụ Ama banyere mahadum na 96 asụsụ, ma anyị na-arịọ gị ka ị na-akwanyere ndị ọzọ so na ịhapụ ihe na English.