- Imperial College London
Imperial College London
Imperial College London punika universitas risèt umum dumunung ing Inggris. Sawijining patron kraton lan ngedegaken, Pangeran Albert, envisioned area dumadi saka Museum Sejarah Alam, Victoria lan Albert Museum, Museum Ilmu, Royal Albert Hall and the Imperial Institute. The Imperial Institute was opened by his wife, Ratu Victoria, who laid the foundation stone. The college has expanded its coursework to medicine through mergers with St Mary’s Hospital. ing 2004, Ratu Elizabeth II kabuka ing Imperial College Business School.
Imperial diatur menyang fakultas ilmu, engineering, medicine lan bisnis. kampus utama adhedhasar jejere Kensington Palace in Royal Borough of Kensington lan Chelsea. Kontribusi Imperial kang kanggo masyarakat kalebu panemuan penisilin, pangembangan Holografi lan serat optik. Fokus universitas ing ilmu lan teknologi lan aplikasi sing kanggo industri.
Imperial is ranked among the top universities in the world by university rankings. According to The New York Times, students are highly recruited globally. The university is among the most innovative in Europe. Staff Imperial lan alumni kalebu 15 Bebungah Nobel, 2 kothak Medalists, 70 Beasiswa saka Royal Society, 82 Beasiswa saka Royal Academy of Engineering lan 78 Beasiswa saka Academy of Sciences Medical.
Imperial College London is the only university in the UK to focus exclusively on science, engineering, medicine lan bisnis. Gabung kuwi masyarakat spesialis tegese sinau apa sing tresna karo wong sing tresna banget - kabeh ing jantung ing salah sawijining kutha paling macem ing donya.
We lagi ditingkat 8th universitas paling apik ing donya ing QS World University Rankings 2015, nggawe jurusan Imperial Highly rego dening juragan tengen globe.
lokasi kita ing tengah London iku kauntungan ageng ing apa kita apa: narik pikiran paling saka kabeh sudhut donya lan nyetel ing jantung saka masyarakat saestu internasional juragan. Iki paves cara kanggo kuliah tamu saka industri ahli ndhuwur, Internships karo utama perusahaan, industri-inspirasi karya project lan careers macem.
Lan wiwit tengen kene.
Sekolah / colleges / departemen / Lapangan / fakultas
- Teknik Kimia
- Teknik Sipil lan Lingkungan
- Dyson School of Design Engineering
- Earth Science and Engineering
- Teknik Listrik lan Electronic
- Teknik Mesin
- Institute of Clinical Sciences
- Departemen Kedokteran
- National Heart and Lung Institute
- School of Public Health
- Department of Surgery and Cancer
- Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine – London Office
- Imperial College Academic Health Science Centre
- Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
- Ilmu urip
- Centre for Environmental Policy
Fakultas Ilmu Alam
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Imperial College Business School
The Great Exhibition in 1851 was organised by Prince Albert, Henry Cole, Francis Fuller and other members of the Royal Society for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce. The Great Exhibition made a surplus of £186,000 used in creating an area in the South of Kensington celebrating the encouragement of the arts, industri, lan ilmu. Albert insisted the Great Exhibition surplus should be used as a home for culture and education for everyone. His commitment was to find practical solutions to today’s social challenges. Prince Albert’s vision built the Victoria and Albert Museum, Museum Ilmu, Natural History Museum, Museum geologi, Royal College of Science, Royal College of Art, Royal School of Mines, Royal School of Music, Royal College of Organists, Royal School of Needlework,Royal Geographical Society, Institute of Recorded Sound, Royal Horticultural Gardens, Royal Albert Hall and the Imperial Institute. Royal colleges and the Imperial Institute merged to form what is now Imperial College London.
The Royal College of Chemistry was established by private subscription in 1845 as there was a growing awareness that practical aspects of the experimental sciences were not well taught and that in the United Kingdom the teaching of chemistry in particular had fallen behind that in Germany. As a result of a movement earlier in the decade, many politicians donated funds to establish the college, including Benjamin Disraeli, William Gladstone and Robert Peel. It was also supported by Prince Albert, who persuaded August Wilhelm von Hofmann to be the first professor.
William Henry Perkin studied and worked at the college under von Hofmann, but resigned his position after discovering the first synthetic dye, mauveine, ing 1856. Perkin’s discovery was prompted by his work with von Hofmann on the substance aniline, derived from coal tar, and it was this breakthrough which sparked the synthetic dye industry, a boom which some historians have labelled the second chemical revolution. His contribution led to the creation of the Perkin Medal, an award given annually by the Society of Chemical Industry to a scientist residing in the United States for an “innovation in applied chemistry resulting in outstanding commercial development”. It is considered the highest honour given in the industrial chemical industry.
The Royal School of Mines was established by Sir Henry de la Beche in 1851, developing from the Museum of Economic Geology, a collection of minerals, maps and mining equipment. He created a school which laid the foundations for the teaching of science in the country, and which has its legacy today at Imperial. Prince Albert was a patron and supporter of the later developments in science teaching, which led to the Royal College of Chemistry becoming part of the Royal School of Mines, to the creation of the Royal College of Science and eventually to these institutions becoming part of his plan for South Kensington being an educational region.
The Royal College of Science was established in 1881. The main objective was to support the training of science teachers and to develop teaching in other science subjects alongside the Royal School of Mines earth sciences specialities.
ing 1907, the newly established Board of Education found that greater capacity for higher technical education was needed and a proposal to merge the Royal School of Mines, theRoyal College of Science, and City and Guilds College, was approved and passed, nggawe The Imperial College of Science and Technology as a constituent college of theUniversity of London. Imperial’s Royal Charter, granted by Edward VII, was officially signed on 8 Juli 1907. The main campus of Imperial College was constructed beside the buildings of the Imperial Institute in South Kensington.
City and Guilds College was founded in 1876, which aimed to provide a practical education for craftsmen, technicians, technologists, and engineers. The medical schools of Charing Cross Hospital, Westminster Hospital and St Mary’s Hospital were opened in 1823, 1834 lan 1854 mungguh. Imperial acquired Silwood Park in 1947, to provide a site for research and teaching in those aspects of biology not well suited for the main London campus. on 29 Januari 1950, the government announced that it was intended that Imperial should expand to meet the scientific and technological challenges of the 20th century and a major expansion of the college followed over the next decade. ing 1959 the Wolfson Foundation donated £350,000 for the establishment of a new Biochemistry Department.
A special relationship between Imperial and the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi was established in 1963.The Department of Management Science was created in 1971 and the Associated Studies Department was established in 1972. The Humanities Department was opened in 1980, formed from the Associated Studies and History of Science departments. ing 1988 Imperial merged with St Mary’s Hospital Medical School, dadi The Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine. ing 1995 Imperial launched its own academic publishing house, Imperial College Press, in partnership with World Scientific.Imperial merged with the National Heart and Lung Institutein 1995 and the Charing Cross and Westminster Medical School, Royal Postgraduate Medical School (RPMS) and the Institute of Obstetrics and Gynaecology in 1997. In the same year the Imperial College School of Medicine was formally established and all of the property of Charing Cross and Westminster Medical School, the National Heart and Lung Institute and the Royal Postgraduate Medical School were transferred to Imperial as the result of the Imperial College Act 1997. ing 1998 the Sir Alexander Fleming Building was opened by Queen Elizabeth II to provide a headquarters for the college’s medical and biomedical research.
ing 2000 Imperial merged with both the Kennedy Institute of Rheumatology and Wye College, the University of London’s agricultural college in Wye, Kent. It initially agreed to keep Agricultural Sciences at Wye, but closed them in 2004. The origins of the later acquired College of St Gregory and St Martin at Wye, was originally founded by John Kempe, theArchbishop of York, ing 1447 as a seminary, with an agricultural college being established at Wye in 1894 after the removal of the seminary. ing Desember 2005, Imperial announced a science park programme at the Wye campus, with extensive housing; Nanging, this was abandoned in September 2006 following complaints that the proposal infringed on Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and that the true scale of the scheme, which could have raised £110m for the college, was known to Kent and Ashford Councils and their consultants but concealed from the public. One commentator observed that Imperial’s scheme reflected “the state of democracy in Kent, the transformation of a renowned scientific college into a grasping, highly aggressive, neo-corporate institution, and the defence of the status of an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty – throughout England, not just Wye – against rampant greed backed by the connivance of two important local authorities. Wye College campus was finally closed in September 2009.
ing 2003 Imperial was granted degree-awarding powers in its own right by the Privy Council. The London Centre for Nanotechnology was established in the same year as a joint venture between UCL and Imperial College London. ing 2004 the Imperial College Business School and a new Main Entrance on Exhibition Road were opened by Queen Elizabeth II. The UK Energy Research Centre was also established in 2004 and opened its headquarters at Imperial. ing November 2005 the Faculties of Life Sciences and Physical Sciences merged to become the Faculty of Natural Sciences.
on 9 Desember 2005, Imperial announced that it would commence negotiations to secede from the University of London. Imperial became fully independent of the University of London in July 2007 and the first students to register for an Imperial College degree were postgraduates beginning their course in October 2007, with the first undergraduates enrolling for an Imperial degree in October 2008. ing Juli 2008 the Centre for Advanced Structural Ceramics was opened in the Materials department.
Ing Mei 2012 Imperial, UCL and the IT company Intel announced the establishment of the Intel Collaborative Research Institute for Sustainable Connected Cities, Institute basis London ngenani mangsa kutha.
ing Agustus 2012 it was announced that Imperial would be the lead institution for the MRC-NIHR Phenome Centre, a new research centre for personalised medicine to be based at GlaxoSmithKline’s research and development facility in Harlow, Essex, inheriting the anti-doping facilities used to test samples during the 2012 Olympic lan Paralympic Games.
ing Juli 2014 the Dyson School of Design Engineering was opened. As of October 2015, the newly formed school offered a course in design engineering following a £12m donation by the James Dyson Foundation, along with courses such as the MEng in Design Engineering.
Aja pengin discuss Imperial College London ? sembarang pitakonan, Komentar utawa review
Kategori iki migunani karo kanca-kanca
Join to discuss of Imperial College London.
TULUNG DICATHET: EducationBro Magazine menehi kemampuan kanggo maca info bab universities ing 96 basa, nanging kita takon kanggo ngormati anggota lan ninggalake komentar ing Inggris.