- University of Saskatchewan
University of Saskatchewan
Ew University of Saskatchewan is a Canadian public research university, di damezrandin 1907, û li ser aliyê rojhilatê çemê South Saskatchewan li Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Kanada. an “Qanûna ji bo avakirin û tevlêkirina Zanîngeha ya parêzgeha Saskatchewan” ji aliyê zagonsazî, bajar li re derbas bû 1907. Ev avakirin zanîngehê parêzgehan on April 3, 1907 “ji bo armanca pêşkêşkirina derfetên ji bo xwendina bilind di hemû şaxên xwe û derfet û hemû kesên bê warî de ji bo race, baweriyeke olî yan jî ji bo partîgerî sûd”. The University of Saskatchewan is the largest education institution in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan. Ev e jî bi tenê Zanîngeha Canadian ku peymanek hevkariyê bi University of Oxford. The University of Saskatchewan yek ji zanîngehên lêkolîn top Kanada ye (li ser bingeha hejmara Chairs Lêkolîn Kanada) û endamê Koma U15 zankoyên Lêkolîn Canadian e (ew 15 herî zanîngehên lêkolîn-dijwar li Kanada).
Li zanîngehê wek college çandiniyê de li dest pê kir 1907 û ava ji yekem beşa-li zanîngehê Canadian ji dirêjkirina in 1910. Wêneyek baş e 120 hektar (300 acres) set aside for university buildings and 400 ew (1,000 acres) ji bo U ji farm S, û zeviyên. Bi giştî 10.32 km2 (3.98 sq mi) was annexed for the university. The main University campus is situated upon 981 ew (2,425 acres), with another 200 ew (500 acres) allocated for Innovation Place Research Park. The University of Saskatchewan agriculture college still has access to neighbouring urban research lands. The University of Saskatchewan’s Vaccine and Infectious Disease Organization (vido) metodek, (2003) pêş vakslêdanê de vakslêdana parastinê-DNA pêşkeftîya ji bo hem mirov û heywanên. Zanîngeha e bi malê ve li synchrotron Canadian Source Light, ku wek yek ji mezintirîn û nû piraniya veberhênanê li zanistê Canadian. Ji ber ku koka wê wek college çandiniyê, lêkolîn roleke girîng di zanîngehê de lîstiye. Discoveries ya li U yên S de çîmentoyê berxwedêr-Çile û li beşa kobalt-60 dermankirina kanserê. Li zanîngehê pêşkêş dike ser 200 bernameyên akademîk. Duncan P. McColl wek qeydik yekemîn hate kifş kirin, avakirina civandina yekem ji ku serokê dadgeha Edward L. Wetmore wekî serokwezîrekî yekemîn hat hilbijartin. Walter Charles Murray Serokê yekem ê board zanîngehê yên walî bû.
dibistanên / Colleges / Bingeha Zanist / kursên / fakulteyên
- Agriculture and Bioresources
- Arts and Science
- Edwards School of Business
- School of Environment and Sustainability
- Graduate Studies and Research
- Pharmacy and Nutrition
- School of Physical Therapy
- Dibistana Tenduristiyê
- Johnson-Shoyama Graduate School of Public Policy
- Medicine Veterinary
The institution was modelled on the American state university, bi bal kişandibû li ser kar extension û Lêkolînên Tetbîqî. The University of Saskatchewan, at Saskatoon, was granted a provincial charter on April 3, 1907. A provincial statute known as the University Act. It provided for a publicly funded, yet independent institution to be created for the citizens of the whole province.
Rêvebirina de li ser zanîngeha parêzgehan yên qanûna Toronto ji nûmayîşên bû 1906 ku ava a sîstema odeyan ji hikûmeta zanîngehê ku ji senatoya (kêrhatinî), ji bo siyaseta akademîk, û a desteya hikumdarên (welatiyên) sportê kontrola li ser siyaseta darayî û xweyî desthilatî fermî di hemû mijarên din. serokê, ya ku ji aliyê board, bû ku ne di navbera her du cenazeyan û ji bo pêkanîna serokatiya sazûmanî. The scope of the new institution was to include colleges of arts and science, including art, music and commerce, agriculture with forestry, domestic science, zanyarî, endazyariyê, qanûn, derman, dermanxane, veterinary science and dentistry.
Saskatoon was chosen as the site for the University on April 7, 1909 by the board of governors. li ser October 12, 1912 the first building opened its doors for student admission. It awarded its first degrees in 1912. Di beşa destpêka vê sedsalê de, perwerdeya pîşeyî derveyî zeviyên kevneşopî yên teolojiya berfirehkirin, qanûn û derman. perwerdeya masterê li ser bingeha modela amerîkî German-îlhama xwe yên kar helbet bi taybetî û bi dawîhatina teza lêkolîn hat kirin pêk hat.
Battleford, Moose Jaw, Prince Albert, Regina, and Saskatoon all lobbied to be the location of the new university. Walter Murray preferred the provincial capital, Regina. In a politically influenced vote, Saskatoon was chosen on April 7, 1909.
Designed by David Robertson Brown (mîmar), the Memorial Gates were erected in 1927 at the corner of College Drive and Hospital Drive in honour of the University of Saskatchewan alumni who served in the First World War. A stone wall bears inscriptions of the names of the sixty seven university students and faculty who lost their lives while on service during World War I. The hallways of the Old Administrative Building (College Building) at the University of Saskatchewan are decorated with memorial scrolls in honour of the University of Saskatchewan alumni who served in the World Wars.
The National Film Board of Canada documentary “Prairie University” (1955) directed by John Feeney explores diverse research activities at the University of Saskatchewan on agriculture, derman, and ice cream.
A college of veterinary medicine opened at the University of Saskatchewan on July 2, 1969. The University of Saskatchewan’s Arms were registered with the Canadian Heraldic Authority on February 15, 2001.
A location next to the South Saskatchewan River, across from the city centre of Saskatoon, was selected for the campus. David Robertson Brown of Brown & Vallance were the initial architects constructing a campus plan and the first university buildings in Collegiate Gothic style: The Prime Minister of Canada, Sir Wilfrid Laurier, laid the cornerstone of the first building, the College Building, on July 29, 1910. The first building to be started on the new campus, the College Building, built 1910–1912 opened in 1913; li 2001, it was declared a National Historic Site of Canada.
Brown & Vallance designed the Administration Building (1910–12); Saskatchewan Hall Student Residence (1910–12). Brown & Vallance designed the Engineering Building (1910–12) as well as additions 1913 li 1920 and rebuilt the building after it burned in 1925. Brown & Vallance designed the Barn and Stock Pavilion (1910–12) and Emmanuel College (1910–12). Brown & Vallance built the Faculty Club (1911–12) and rebuilt it after it burned in 1964. Brown & Vallance constructed the President’s Residence (1911–13) Qu’Appelle Hall Student Residence (1914-16) Physics Building (1919–21); Chemistry Building (1922-23); St. Andrew’s Presbyterian College (1922-23); Memorial Gates (1927–28) and the Field Husbandry Building (1929).
The original buildings were built using native limestone – greystone – which was mined just north of campus. Bi derbasbûna salan re, this greystone became one of the most recognizable campus signatures. When the local supply of limestone was exhausted, the University turned to Tyndall stone, which is quarried in Manitoba.Saskatchewan’s Provincial University and Agricultural College were officially opened May 1, 1913 by Hon. Walter Scott.
The original architectural plan called for the university buildings to be constructed around a green space known as The Bowl. The original university buildings are now connected by skywalks and tunnels. Clockwise, from the north; Thorvaldson Building (Tebax 22, 1924) (Spinks addition); Jeolojî, W.P. Thompson Biology (1960) adjoined to Physics Building (1921); College Building (Gulan 1, 1913) (Administration addition); Saskatchewan cojoined with Athabasca Hall (1964); Qu’Appelle Hall (1916); Marquis Hall adjoined to Place Riel – Qu’Appelle Addition; Murray Memorial Main Library (1956); Arts (1960) cojoined with Law and adjoined to Commerce building complete the initial circle around the perimeter of the bowl.
Francis Henry Portnall and Frank Martin designed the Dairy & Soils Laboratory (1947).
Roughly adhering to the original plan of 1909, numerous colleges were established: Arts & Zanist (1909); Cotyarî, now called Agriculture and Bioresources (1912); Engineering (1912); Qanûn (1913); Dermanxane, now called Pharmacy & Kedî (1914); Bazarî, now the N. Murray Edwards School of Business (1917); Derman (1926); Zanyarî (1927); Home Economics (1928); Lênerrîn (1938); Graduate Studies and Research (1946); Hûn nabêjin, now called Kinesiology (1958); Medicine Veterinary (1964); dentistry (1965); and theSchool of Physical Therapy (1976).
The U of S also has several graduate programs amongst these colleges, which give rise to a masters or doctorate degree. Li 1966, the University of Saskatchewan introduced a masters program in adult education. Diploma, and certificate post secondary courses are also available to aid in professional development.
Theological Colleges, affiliated with the university, were also established: Emmanuel College – (Anglican denomination) (1909), St. College Andrew da (dema Presbyterian College, Saskatoon) then United Church of Canada (1913), Lutheran Theological Seminary (1920), St. Thomas More College (1936), and Central Pentecostal College(1983).
Regina College was saved from bankruptcy and became part of the university in 1934, and was given degree-granting privileges in 1959, making it a second University of Saskatchewan campus. By another act of legislation in 1974, Regina College was made an independent institution known as the University of Regina.
Siyaseta perwerdeya zanîngehê destpêkirin, di salên 1960'an de ji bo zextên xelkê û bi baweriya ku bersiv da ku xwendina bilind a sereke ji bo edaleta civakî û berhemdariya aborî ji bo kesan û ji bo civakê bû. The single-university policy in the West was changed as existing colleges of the provincial universities gained autonomy as universities.
Correspondence courses were established in 1929.
Other federated and affiliated colleges include Briercrest Bible College and Biblical Seminary in Caronport, Saskatchewan; Gabriel Dumont College and St. Peter’s Historic Junior College in Muenster, Saskatchewan.
In the late 1990s, the U of S launched a major revitalisation program, comprising new capital projects such as an expansion to the Western College of Veterinary Medicine, the building of a new parkade, and a revision of its internal road layout (which has already seen the East Road access being realigned). The Thorvaldson Building, which is home to the departments of chemistry and computer science, hosts a new expansion known as the Spinks addition. The College of Pharmacy and Nutrition has also had a number of renovations.
Ji xwevê rabû discuss University of Saskatchewan ? Bęjeyek ji pirsa, comments an reviews
Share this info kêrhatî bi hevalên xwe re
Join to discuss of University of Saskatchewan.
TIKA YE BI BÎR: Magazine EducationBro dide we şîyana xwendin info about zanîngehên li 96 zimanan, di heman demê de em ji we bixwazin ku endamên din rêz û dev ji comments li English.