- Maria University of London
Maria University of London
UK University of London Mariam principalis est focused investigationis institutis superiorum. et in circuitu 21,187 discipuli, 4,000 et annua baculum turnover £ 300m, Unus of maximus sumus University College London.
Docemus et ipsum congue rhoncus in rebus humanis, socialium, lex, et medicinam Medicine, et scientia et engineering. Ex variis regionibus orientalibus Londini in creatrix et culturae, nos autem non potuerit offerre University Cantabrigiae campo plene integrated 2,000 sit amet, lectus at finis domum Mile.
Maria optimam reginam opportunis investigationibus munus summa qualitas. Hac enim ratione conscribendi systematice Academici in disciplinis optime ab extremis terrae. Eventus investigationis recentiores nationalis amet - id ipsum Excellentia Framework (REF 2014) - Nostra confirmavimus in ipso montis vertice, duxit investigationis coetus in UK universitatibus. Super nos praeferebantur 9th in UK in in multi-facultatem in in UK universitatibus ad percentage of 5 3* et 4* Research outputs.
Praestantes alumni Mariae reginae a stimulating, experientia et summus qualitas eruditionis adminicula, inspirati a mundi principibus investigationis Institutis. 250m £ facultatem in nobis non imponit quindecim annis in doctrina sit amet elit offerre. Hoc est, ex reflectitur in excelsum campester of studiosum satisfactionis. National Discipulus platea In recentissimis (NSS 2015), 88 quaelibet exprimitur per cent de altiore gaudio’ hic cum illo, Londini summo subditorum duodecim tribus.
Scholis / collegiorum / dicasteriis / cursus / Facultati Litterarum
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- School of Business and Management
- School of Economics and Finance
- School of English and Drama
- Department of English
- Department of Drama
- School of Languages, Linguistics and Film
- Latin Disputatio
- Classical Studies
- Iberian and Latin American Studies
- Language Centre
- School of Geography
- School of History
- Ex legis School
- Centre for Commercial Law Studies
- De lege
- School of Public International Relations
Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry
- Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry
- Barts Cancer Institute
- The Blizard Institute
- Institute of Dentistry
- Institute of Health Sciences Education
- William Harvey Research Institute
- Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine
- The Centre of the Cell
Faculty of Science and Engineering
- School of Biological and Chemical Sciences
- School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science
- Computer Science
- Electronic Engineering
- School of Engineering and Materials Science
- Interdisciplinary Research Centre in Biomedical Materials
- School of Mathematical Sciences
- School of Physica et Astronomia
- Research Centre in Psychology
Queen Mary has its roots in four historic colleges: Queen Mary College, Westfield College, St Bartholomew’s Hospital Medical College and the London Hospital Medical College.
The Mile End campus is historically the home of Queen Mary College, which began life in 1887 as the People’s Palace, a philanthropic centre to provide east Londoners with educational, cultural and social activities. Queen Mary College was admitted to the University of London in 1915. Westfield College was founded in 1882 in Hampstead as a pioneering college for the higher education of women. In 1989 Queen Mary merged with Westfield College to form Queen Mary and Westfield College.
In 1995, Queen Mary and Westfield merged again, this time with two distinguished medical colleges, St Bartholomew’s Hospital Medical College, firmabitur 1843, and the London Hospital Medical College, England’s first medical school, fundatur in 1785. This merger created Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistryand brought clinical medical and dental teaching to Queen Mary for the first time.
In 2013, the legal name of Queen Mary and Westfield College, University of London was officially changed to Queen Mary University of London to reflect common usage. This year also saw Queen Mary decide to award its own degrees, with the 2014 graduates being the first to receive them.
The College’s Archives hold a wealth of fascinating institutional archives and rare prints, dating from the 17th Century to the present day. The collections provide an insight into some of the scholarly activities of QMUL staff and students in the past, documenting the rich history of QMUL.
- We have the second oldest surviving Jewish cemetery in England, a Spanish Portuguese Jewish cemetery dating from 1726, in the centre of our campus.
- The skeleton of Joseph Merrick, the Elephant Man, is housed in the School of Medicine and Dentistry’s Pathology Museum.
- The Medical College of the Royal London Hospital (now part of Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry) was England’s first medical school when it opened in 1785.
- Ex 1964 usque 1982 Queen Mary College maintained its own nuclear reactor, initially sited beneath Mile End Road.
- Elizabeth Blackwell, the first fully qualified female doctor in the UK, trained at Barts Hospital Medical College in 1850.
- Sir John Vane, who founded the William Harvey Research Institute, is credited with discovering how aspirin and similar drugs produced their effects.
- Sir Walter Besant’s 1882 novel All Sorts and Condition of Men – An Impossible Story, imagined a ‘Palace of Delights’ in east London with concert halls, reading rooms, picture galleries, art school and education for local people – this was the inspiration for The People’s Palace and the start of Queen Mary today.
Visne discuss Queen Mary University of London ? Interrogare, Comments vel reviews
Share this utilis cum amicis
Join to discuss of Queen Mary University of London.
SI VIS, NOTA: EducationBro Magazine dat facultatem ad universitates ad de lego info 96 Latin, Rogamus autem uos, ut habeatis et alios Anglice comments.