- Kuini Meri University o London
Kuini Meri University o London
Kuini Meri University o London ko tetahi o ārahi pūtahi mātauranga teitei rangahau-arotahi o te UK. ki te a tawhio noa 21,187 ngā ākonga, 4,000 ngā kaimahi me te rerekē ā-tau o te £ 300m, Ko tatou tetahi o te nui kareti University o London.
whakaako tatou me te rangahau puta noa i te whānuitanga o ngā kaupapa i roto i te momo whānui, tikanga ā, ture, rongoā me te niho, me te pūtaiao me te engineering. I roto i te wāhi auaha, me te ahurea kanorau o te rawhiti London, Ko tatou te anake taea ki te whakahere i te 2,000-moenga wānanga rawa integrated noho i to tatou fare Mile Whakamutunga wānanga London.
hanga Kuini Meri kua ha tukupā rautaki ki te kounga teitei o te rangahau. Kua haumi matou i roto i teie parau tumu na roto i te whakatū pūnahanaha te mātauranga pai i roto i to ratou marau i huri noa i te ao. Nga hua o te aromatawai motu tino tata o te rangahau - te Anga Kairangi Rangahau (REF 2014) - Kua whakapumautia to tatou wahi i roto i te rōpū tino runga o whare wānanga rangahau-arahina i roto i te UK. Whānui i runga matou 9 i roto i te UK i roto i whare wānanga maha-manga, me te 5 i roto i te UK mo te ōrau o to tatou 3* a 4* whakaputanga rangahau.
Kuini Meri tuku ākonga tino he whakaongaonga, wheako akoranga e hāpai ana, me te-kounga teitei, ki ako faauruhia e to tatou rangahau ao-ārahi. Kua haumi ano matou nui atu i £ 250m i roto i ngā whakaurunga hou i runga i te kotahi tekau ma rima nga tau whakamutunga ki te whakahere to tatou ākonga he taiao akoranga makehe. Ka kitea tēnei i roto i to tatou taumata ngā nui o te utu ākonga. I roto i te Survey Ākonga Motu tino tata (NSS 2015), 88 ōrau o to tatou undergraduates faaite 'utu whānui’ me to ratou wa i konei, ki tekau ma rua ngā kaupapa i roto i te toru runga i London.
kura / Colleges / tari / kōhi / aravihi
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- School of Business and Management
- School of Economics and Finance
- School of English and Drama
- Department of English
- Department of Drama
- School of Languages, Linguistics and Film
- Literature whakataurite
- Film Studies
- Iberian and Latin American Studies
- Centre reo
- School of Geography
- Kura o History
- Kura o ture
- Centre for Commercial Law Studies
- Tari o te Ture
- School of Politics and International Relations
Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry
- Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry
- Barts Cancer Institute
- The Blizard Institute
- Institute of Dentistry
- Institute of Health Sciences Education
- William Harvey Research Institute
- Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine
- The Centre of the Cell
Faculty of Science and Engineering
- School of Biological and Chemical Sciences
- School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science
- Science rorohiko
- Engineering Hiko
- School of Engineering and Materials Science
- Interdisciplinary Research Centre in Biomedical Materials
- School of Mathematical Sciences
- School of Physics and Astronomy
- Research Centre in Psychology
Queen Mary has its roots in four historic colleges: Queen Mary College, Westfield College, St Bartholomew’s Hospital Medical College and the London Hospital Medical College.
The Mile End campus is historically the home of Queen Mary College, which began life in 1887 as the People’s Palace, a philanthropic centre to provide east Londoners with educational, cultural and social activities. Queen Mary College was admitted to the University of London in 1915. Westfield College was founded in 1882 in Hampstead as a pioneering college for the higher education of women. I roto i 1989 Queen Mary merged with Westfield College to form Queen Mary and Westfield College.
I roto i 1995, Queen Mary and Westfield merged again, this time with two distinguished medical colleges, St Bartholomew’s Hospital Medical College, whakapumautia i roto i 1843, and the London Hospital Medical College, England’s first medical school, whakaturia i roto i 1785. This merger created Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistryand brought clinical medical and dental teaching to Queen Mary for the first time.
I roto i 2013, the legal name of Queen Mary and Westfield College, University of London was officially changed to Queen Mary University of London to reflect common usage. This year also saw Queen Mary decide to award its own degrees, with the 2014 graduates being the first to receive them.
The College’s Archives hold a wealth of fascinating institutional archives and rare prints, dating from the 17th Century to the present day. The collections provide an insight into some of the scholarly activities of QMUL staff and students in the past, documenting the rich history of QMUL.
Did you know?
- We have the second oldest surviving Jewish cemetery in England, a Spanish Portuguese Jewish cemetery dating from 1726, in the centre of our campus.
- The skeleton of Joseph Merrick, the Elephant Man, is housed in the School of Medicine and Dentistry’s Pathology Museum.
- The Medical College of the Royal London Hospital (now part of Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry) was England’s first medical school when it opened in 1785.
- Mai 1964 tae noa ki 1982 Queen Mary College maintained its own nuclear reactor, initially sited beneath Mile End Road.
- Elizabeth Blackwell, the first fully qualified female doctor in the UK, trained at Barts Hospital Medical College in 1850.
- Sir John Vane, who founded the William Harvey Research Institute, is credited with discovering how aspirin and similar drugs produced their effects.
- Sir Walter Besant’s 1882 novel All Sorts and Condition of Men – An Impossible Story, imagined a ‘Palace of Delights’ in east London with concert halls, reading rooms, picture galleries, art school and education for local people – this was the inspiration for The People’s Palace and the start of Queen Mary today.
Mahi e hiahia ana koe discuss Queen Mary University of London ? tetahi pātai, kōrero arotake ranei
A faaite i tenei info whai hua ki o koutou hoa
Join to discuss of Queen Mary University of London.
TĒNĀ, FAKATOKANGA: homai EducationBro Magazine kaha ki te pānui i info e pā ana ki ngā whare wānanga i koutou 96 reo, engari te inoia e tatou koutou ki te faatura te tahi atu mau melo, me te waiho kōrero i roto i te reo Ingarihi.