- Università ta 'Ottawa
Università ta 'Ottawa
L-Università ta 'Ottawa hija l-akbar bilingwi (Ingliż-Franċiż) università fid-dinja. Jinsabu fil-qalba tal-kapital tal-Kanada, għandna aċċess lesta għall-istituzzjonijiet kbar ta 'pajjiżna. avvanzi tagħna fix-xjenzi soċjali, saħħa, xjenza u l-istudji umanistiċi jagħmlu uOttawa post uniku biex jitgħallmu, jikbru u jisbqu.
Matul l-għaxar snin li ġejjin, l-Università ta 'Ottawa se jniedi inizjattivi ewlenin li għandhom x'jaqsmu direttament mal-valuri ewlenin tagħha.
- Tqegħid studenti fiċ-ċentru tal-missjoni edukattiva tagħna
- Jippermettu lill-ħaddiema tagħna biex jikbru bħala individwi u bħala grupp
- Il-ħolqien u qsim ta 'għarfien
- Il-promozzjoni bilingwiżmu u t-tisħiħ komunitajiet Frankofoni
- Jipprattikaw u promozzjoni ta 'etika ta' servizz u r-responsabbiltà ċiviku
- Aktar minn 40,000 istudenti, 5,000 impjegati u 180,000 alumni
- Aktar minn 450 programs in 10 fakultajiet
- 97% rata tal-impjiegi għall-gradwati
- Viċin ta $60 miljun fis-sena fi studju lil studenti u boroż ta 'studju
- L-ewwel u l-ikbar programm immersjoni Franċiż fost l-universitajiet tal-Kanada
- Forza ekonomika maġġuri fir-Reġjun Kapitali Nazzjonali
- liġi Akbar iskola fil-Kanada
skejjel / kulleġġi / dipartimenti / korsijiet / fakultajiet
- Aboriginal Studies
- Canadian and Aboriginal Studies
- Centre for Research on French Canadian Culture
- Classics and Religious Studies
- General BA
- Information Studies
- Institute for Science, Society, and Policy
- Medieval and Renaissance Studies
- Modern Languages and Literatures
- Official Languages and Bilingualism Institute
- Second Language Teaching
- Translation and Interpretation
- Vered Jewish Canadian Studies
- Visual Arts
- World cinemas
- Liġi ċivili
- Common Law
- Kimika u l-Inġinerija Bijoloġiċi
- Inġinerija ċivili
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Inġinerija Mekkanika
- Gradwati u l-Istudji postdottorat
- Xjenzi tas-saħħa
- Health science (interdisciplinary)
- Human Kinetics
- Nutrition Sciences
- Rehabilitation Sciences
- Ottawa-Shanghai Joint School of Medicine
- MD Program (Undergraduate Medical Education)
- Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Program
- MD/PhD Program
- Postgraduate Medical Education Program
- Edukazzjoni Kontinwa Mediku
- bijokimika, Mikrobijoloġija u Immunoloġija
- Cellular and Molecular Medicine
- epidemjoloġija, Public Health and Preventive Medicine
- Mediċina emerġenza
- Mediċina tal-familja
- Innovation in Medical Education
- mediċina (Department)
- Ostetriċja u Ġinekoloġija
- Patoloġija u Laboratorju Mediċina
- Chemistry and Biomolecular Sciences
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Xjenzi soċjali
- Feminist and Gender Studies
- International Development and Global Studies
- Studji politiċi
- Public and International Affairs
- Ħidma soċjali
- Sociological and Anthropological Studies
- Telfer School of Management
- Executive MBA
- Human Resource Management
- International Management
- Sistemi ta 'Informazzjoni Ġestjoni (MIS)
- Master in Business Admin.
- Master of Health Admin.
The university was established on 26 settembru 1848 as the College of Bytown by the first Roman Catholic bishop of Ottawa, Joseph-Bruno Guigues. He entrusted administration to the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate. The college was originally located in Lower Town, housed in a wooden building next to the Notre-Dame Cathedral Basilica. Madankollu, space quickly became an issue for administrators, triggering two moves in 1852 and a final move to Sandy Hill in 1856. The Sandy Hill property was donated by Louis-Theodore Besserer, where he offered a substantial parcel from his estate for the college. The college was renamed College of Ottawa in 1861, following the city’s name change from Bytown to Ottawa. fil 1866, the college received its first charter, as well as university status, making it the final institution in Canada to receive a Royal Charter from London before the British North America Act, 1867 made education a provincial responsibility. Permezz 1872 the university had already begun to confer undergraduate degrees, with master’s degrees coming in 1875 and doctoral degrees in 1888. fuq 5 Frar 1889, the university was granted a pontifical charter from Pope Leo XIII, elevating the university to a pontifical university.
The university faced a crisis when fire destroyed the main building on 2 diċembru 1903. After the fire, the university hired New York architect A. O. Von Herbulis to design its replacement, Tabaret Hall. It was among the first Canadian structures to be completely fireproof, built of reinforced concrete. Women first enrolled in 1919.
Fil-waqgħa tal 1939, a Canadian Officer Training Corp was established at the university, with training beginning on in January 1940. The Canadian Officers’ Training Corps, University of Ottawa Contingent, which comprised a company, headquarters and three platoons in 1939, was authorized to become a battalion in 1940. Permezz 1941, the unit swelled to 550 men. An air force Officers’ Training Corp was created in 1942 and a naval Officers’ training corp in 1943. Participation in one of the three corps became mandatory for all students over 18, although they were not obliged to participate in the actual war at the end of their studies. Matul dan iż-żmien, the Royal Canadian Air Force used parts of the university’s grounds for training and the university constructed barracks to house members of the Canadian Women’s Army Corps. B'kollox 1,158 students and alumni of the university enrolled the Canadian Forces during the Second World War, li minnhom 50 died overseas. The unit was eventually disbanded during the unification of the Armed Forces in 1968.
The Ottawa architecture firm of Burgess, McLean & MacPhadyen designed the Eastern Ontario Institute of Technology (later to merge with the Ontario Vocational Centre and renamed Algonquin College), opened its new Rideau Campus on a 12-acre city owned Lees Avenue site in 1964. After being unused for a number of years, the midcentury academic complex was sold to the University of Ottawa in January 2007.
The university was reorganized on 1 Lulju 1965 as a corporation independent from any outside body or religious organization, becoming publicly funded. B'riżultat ta 'dan, the civil and pontifical charters were transferred to the newly created Saint Paul University, federated with the corporation, while the remaining civil faculties were retained by the reorganized university.
fil 1974, a new policy mandated by the Government of Ontario strengthened institutional bilingualism at the university, with specific instructions to further bilingualism and biculturalism and preserve and develop French culture.
fil 1989, dr. Wilbert Keon of the University of Ottawa Heart Institute performed the country’s first neonatal artificial heart transplant on an 11-day-old baby.
fuq 11 novembru 1998, during the University of Ottawa’s 150th anniversary celebrations, two war memorial plaques were unveiled in the foyer of Tabaret Hall which honour 1000 graduates of the university community who took part in armed conflict, especially the list of 50 graduates who lost their lives.
The engineering building, Col By Hall, was unveiled in September 2005 as a memorial dedicated to Lieutenant-Colonel John By, Royal Engineers.
Trid discuss University of Ottawa ? kwalunkwe kwistjoni, kummenti jew reviżjonijiet
Share dan info utli mal-ħbieb tiegħek
Join to discuss of University of Ottawa.
JEKK JOGĦĠBOK INNOTA: EducationBro Magazine jagħtik ħila li wieħed jaqra info dwar l-universitajiet fl 96 lingwi, imma aħna nitolbuk biex jirrispettaw membri oħra u jħallu l-kummenti bl-Ingliż.