- Università ta 'Glasgow
Università ta 'Glasgow
il Università ta 'Glasgow huwa l-università raba eqdem fil-th jitkellmu bil-eEnglish dinja u wieħed minn erba 'universitajiet qedem Iskozja. Din twaqqfet fl- 1451. Flimkien ma 'l-Università ta' Edinburgh, l-Università kienet parti mill-Enlightenment Skoċċiż matul is-seklu 18. Bħalissa din hija membru ta 'Universitas 21, -netwerk internazzjonali ta 'universitajiet ta' riċerka, u l-Grupp Russell.
B'mod komuni ma 'universitajiet ta' l-era pre-moderni, Glasgow oriġinarjament edukati istudenti primarjament minn sfondi għonja, however it became a pioneer in British higher education in the 19th century by also providing for the needs of students from the growing urban and commercial middle class. Glasgow Università serva kollha ta 'dawn l-istudenti billi tippreparahom għal professjonijiet: il-liġi, mediċina, servizz ċivili, tagħlim, u l-knisja. Hija wkoll mħarrġa numri iżgħar iżda dejjem jikbru għall-karrieri fix-xjenza u l-inġinerija.
Oriġinarjament jinsabu fil-High Street-belt, peress 1870 the main University campus has been located at Gilmorehill in the West End of the city. Barra minn hekk, numru ta 'bini università tinstab lokalizzata x'imkien ieħor, bħall-Università Marittima Istazzjon Bijoloġiċi Millporton-Gżira ta 'Cumbrae fil-Firth of Clyde u l-Kampus Crichton fil Dumfries.
Alumni jew persunal preċedenti tal-Università jinkludu filosfu Francis Hutcheson, inġinier James Watt, filosfu u ekonomista Adam Smith, fiżiċista Lord Kelvin, kirurgu Joseph Lister, 1st Baron Lister, seba 'kandidati b'suċċess Nobel, u żewġ Prim Ministri Brittaniċi.
L-Università ta 'Glasgow
- is ranked 62nd in the world and is the first and only UK university to be rated as 5 Stars Plus overall. (QS Dinja Università klassifiki 2015)
- hija ratata tielet fir-Renju Unit għas-sodisfazzjon studenti internazzjonali (fost l-universitajiet li jipparteċipaw fil-Sajf barometru Internazzjonali Istudenti 2013)
- jilqa studenti minn iktar minn 140 pajjiżi madwar id-dinja
- għandha aktar minn 25,000 studenti undergraduate u postgraduate
- huwa aktar li tħaddem nies fil-belt ta 'Glasgow b'aktar minn 6,000 persunal, Inklużi 2,000 riċerkaturi attivi
- għandha dħul riċerka annwali ta 'aktar minn £ 181m
- huwa membru ta 'l-Russell Grupp prestiġjużi ta' universitajiet ta 'riċerka ewlenin fir-Renju Unit
- hija kklassifikati top fil-Iskozja u t-tielet fil-Grupp Russell fl-Istħarriġ Nazzjonali tal-Istudenti 2015
- hija membru fundatur ta 'Universitas 21, iggruppar internazzjonali ta 'universitajiet iddedikati għall istabbiliment ta' standards mad-dinja kollha għall-edukazzjoni ogħla
- jinkludi fost alumni tagħha, il-missier ta 'l-ekonomija Adam Smith, perit Iskozja tad-devoluzzjoni Donald Dewar u fiżiku magħruf u inġinier Lord Kelvin.
skejjel / kulleġġi / dipartimenti / korsijiet / fakultajiet
Kulleġġ Malti tal-Arti
- ArtsLab Glasgow
- Graduate School of the College of Arts
- School of Critical Studies
- School of Culture and Creative Arts
- Iskola tal-Istudji Umanistiċi
- School of Modern Languages and Cultures
College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences
- Iskola tax-Xjenzi tal-Ħajja
- Iskola tal-Mediċina (including Dentistry)
- Iskola tal-Mediċina Veterinarja
College of Science and Engineering
- Iskola tal-Kimika
- School of Computing Science
- Iskola ta 'l-Inġinerija
- School of Geographical and Earth Sciences
- School of Mathematics and Statistics
- School of Physics and Astronomy
- Iskola tal-Psikoloġija
College of Social Sciences
- Adam Smith Business School
- Iskola tal-Edukazzjoni
- Iskola tal-Istudji interdixxiplinari (at Crichton Campus, Dumfries)
- Iskola tal-Liġi
- School of Social and Political Sciences
Over the last five centuries and more, we’ve constantly worked to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’ve fostered the talents of seven Nobel laureates, one Prime Minister and Scotland’s inaugural First Minister. We’ve welcomed Albert Einstein to give a lecture on the origins of the general theory of relativity. Scotland’s first female medical graduates completed their degrees here in 1894 and the world’s first ultrasound images of a foetus were published by Glasgow Professor Ian Donald in 1958. fil 1840 we became the first university in the UK to appoint a Professor of Engineering, u b'mod 1957, the first in Scotland to have an electronic computer.
All of this means that if you choose to work or study here, you’ll be walking in the footsteps of some of the world’s most renowned innovators, from scientist Lord Kelvin and economist Adam Smith, to the pioneer of television John Logie Baird.
The University of Glasgow was founded in 1451 by a charter or papal bull from Pope Nicholas V, at the suggestion of King James II, giving Bishop William Turnbull, a graduate of theUniversity of St Andrews, permission to add a University to the city’s Cathedral. It is the second-oldest university in Scotland after St Andrews and the fourth-oldest in the English-speaking world. The universities of St Andrews, Glasgow and Aberdeen were ecclesiastical foundations, while Edinburgh was a civic foundation. As one of the Ancient Universities of the United Kingdom, Glasgow University is one of only eight institutions to award undergraduate master’s degrees in certain disciplines.
The University has been without its original Bull since the mid-sixteenth century. fil 1560, during the political unrest accompanying theScottish Reformation, the then chancellor, Archbishop James Beaton, a supporter of the Marian cause, fled to France. He took with him, for safe-keeping, many of the archives and valuables of the Cathedral and the University, including the Mace and the Bull. Although the Mace was sent back in 1590, the archives were not. Principal Dr James Fall told the Parliamentary Commissioners of Visitation on 28 awissu 1690, that he had seen the Bull at the Scots College in Paris, together with the many charters granted to the University by the monarchs of Scotland from James II to Mary, Queen of Scots. The University enquired of these documents in 1738 but was informed by Thomas Innesand the superiors of the Scots College, that the original records of the foundation of the University were not to be found. If they had not been lost by this time, they certainly went astray during the French Revolution when the Scots College was under threat. Its records and valuables were moved for safe-keeping out of the city of Paris. The Bull remains the authority by which the University awards degrees.
Teaching at the University began in the chapterhouse of Glasgow Cathedral, subsequently moving to nearby Rottenrow, in a building known as the “Auld Pedagogy”. The University was given 13 acres (5.3 huwa għandu) of land belonging to the Black Friars (Dominicans) on High Street by Mary, Queen of Scots, fl 1563. By the late 17th century, the University building centred on two courtyards surrounded by walled gardens, with a clock tower, which was one of the notable features of Glasgow’s skyline, and a chapel adapted from the church of the former Dominican (Blackfriars) friary. Remnants of this Scottish Renaissance building, mainly parts of the main facade, were transferred to the Gilmorehill campus and renamed as the “Pearce Lodge”, after Sir William Pearce, the shipbuilding magnate who funded its preservation. The Lion and Unicorn Staircase was also transferred from the old college site and is now attached to the Main Building.
John Anderson, while professor of natural philosophy at the university, and with some opposition from his colleagues, pioneered vocational education for working men and women during the industrial revolution. To continue this work in his will he founded Anderson’s College, which was associated with the university before merging with other institutions to become the University of Strathclyde in 1964.
fil 1973, Delphine Parrott became its first woman professor, as Gardiner Professor of Immunology.
f'Ottubru 2014, the university court voted for the University to become the first academic institution in Europe to divest from the fossil fuel industry.
Trid discuss University of Glasgow ? kwalunkwe kwistjoni, kummenti jew reviżjonijiet
Share dan info utli mal-ħbieb tiegħek
Join to discuss of University of Glasgow.
JEKK JOGĦĠBOK INNOTA: EducationBro Magazine jagħtik ħila li wieħed jaqra info dwar l-universitajiet fl 96 lingwi, imma aħna nitolbuk biex jirrispettaw membri oħra u jħallu l-kummenti bl-Ingliż.