Tsev kawm ntawv ntawm Guelph

Tsev kawm ntawv ntawm Guelph. Kawm nyob Canada.

University of Guelph Details

  • Lub teb chaws : Canada
  • Lub zos : Guelph
  • Acronym : U of G
  • Founded : 1964
  • Me nyuam kawm ntawv (approx.) : 28000
  • Tsis txhob hnov qab discuss University of Guelph
Enroll at University of Guelph

Saib ib muag


The University of Guelph is like no other university in Canada. Research-intensive and learner-centred, our campuses span urban hubs and rural communities. We are known for excellence in the arts and sciences, and for our commitment to developing exceptional thinkers and engaged citizens.

U of G has nearly 28,000 undergraduate and graduate students at our campuses in Guelph, Toronto and Ridgetown, xws li 1,200 international students from more than 100 lub teb chaws.

More than 150 years after the launch of our founding colleges, thiab tshaj 50 years since the establishment of the University of Guelph, we now have 122,000 alumni living in 150 lub teb chaws.

Our students, faculty and staff pursue active inquiry and exercise creativity across a range of disciplinesphysical and life sciences, arts and humanities, Social sciences, lag luam, agricultural and veterinary sciences.

Known for its beautiful, safe campuses and welcoming, supportive culture, U of G blends historical and modern architecture with cutting-edge technology.

Our living and learning environments encourage exploration and the interdisciplinary sharing of new ideas, critical for meeting challenges posed by our more complex and interconnected world.

Our faculty scholars and researchers provide students with groundbreaking research opportunities, in laboratories, art studios, libraries and in the field.

Student engagement is fundamental to learning and research at U of G. By focusing on the “whole student,” we give University of Guelph graduates the tools and skills to make a difference in our ever-changing world.

At Guelph, we turn knowledge into action.

Tsev kawm ntawv / Qib siab / Saib xyuas / Kev kawm / Faculties


he University of Guelph consists of seven faculties (or colleges, as they’re known at Guelph):

  • Kawm ntawv qib siab uas kawm
  • College of Biological Science
  • College of Business and Economics
  • College of Physical and Engineering Science
  • College of Social & Applied Human Sciences
  • Ontario Agricultural College
  • Ontario Veterinary College

Other areas of academic specialization include the:

  • School of Computer Science
  • Tsev kawm ntawv ntawm Engineering
  • School of English and Theatre Studies
  • School of Environmental Design and Rural Development
  • Lub tsev kawm ntawv tej Sciences
  • School of Fine Art and Music
  • School of Languages and Literatures
  • School of Hospitality and Tourism Management
  • Open Learning and Educational Support
  • University of Guelph-Humber

Keeb kwm


The University of Guelph traces its origins back to when the Ontario government bought 500 acres (200 his) of farmland from Frederick William Stone and opened the Ontario School of Agriculture on May 1, 1874, which was renamed the Ontario Agricultural College (OAC) nyob rau hauv 1880. Its first building was Moreton Lodge, located where Johnston Hall now stands, which included classrooms, residences, a library, and a dining room.

The Macdonald Institute was established in 1903 to house women’s home economics programs, nature studies, and some domestic art and science. It was named after its financier, Sir William Macdonald, who worked to promote domestic sciences in rural Canada, and founded Macdonald College and McGill University College. The Ontario Veterinary College (OVC), originally founded in Toronto in 1862, was moved to Guelph in 1922. Famous economist John Kenneth Galbraith was an undergraduate at the college (graduating in 1931).

These three adjacent colleges would be amalgamated into the single body of the University of Guelph by the Ontario Legislature on May 8, 1964. The University of Guelph Actalso brought about the Board of Governors to oversee administrative operations and financial management, and the Senate to address academic concerns. The non-denominational graduate and undergraduate institution was, and remains known especially for the agricultural and veterinary programs that shaped it.

Wellington College was established shortly after the University of Guelph Act, and five years later, was split three ways into the College of Arts (COA), which exists in the present day, the College of Physical Science and the College of Social Science. The Macdonald Institute would also be renamed the College of Family and Consumer Studies during the split. After this split, the University of Guelph started reorganizing into its present-day form, starting from the establishment of the College of Biological Sciences (CBS) nyob rau hauv 1971. The College of Physical Science would be married to the OAC’s School of Engineering in 1989, creating the College of Physical and Engineering Sciences (CPES). The College of Social Science and the College of Family and Consumer Studies were joined to create the College of Social and Applied Human Sciences (CSAHS) nyob rau hauv 1998. Thaum kawg, the College of Management and Economics (CME) would be established from the segregation of offered business, management and economic degrees and courses in 2006.

 


koj puas xav discuss University of Guelph ? Lus nug, tuag los sis kev


University of Guelph on Map


Yees duab


Duab: Tsev kawm ntawv ntawm Guelph raug raws ntaub ntawv Facebook

Yees duab





Muab cov no pab ntxiv yog pab tau rau koj cov phooj ywg

University of Guelph reviews

Join to discuss of University of Guelph.
THOV NCO NTSOOV: EducationBro Magazine ua kom koj muaj peev xwm yuav pab ntxiv yog kev tebchaws nyob 96 haiv lus, tab sis, peb hais kom koj mus hwm lwm cov neeg thiab sau lus Askiv.