- University of Bath
University of Bath
Saib ib muag
Tus University of Bath is a public university located in Bath, Somerset, United Kingdom. It received its Royal Charter in 1966 and can trace its roots to a technical school established in Bristol in 1856.
In The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2014 the university was awarded the title of “Best Campus University in Britain”. Bath was awarded the title of ‘University of the Year 2011/12’.] In the 2014 Kev tshawb fawb Excellence moj khaum, 32% of Bath’s submitted research activity achieved the highest possible classification of 4*, defined as world-leading in terms of originality, RESPONSIBILITIES thiab rigour. 87% was graded 4*/3*, defined as world-leading/internationally excellent.
The university is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities, the Association of MBAs, the European Quality Improvement System, the European University Association, Universities UK and GW4, a grouping which brings together the South West and Wales’ four leading, research-intensive universities (Bath, Bristol, Cardiff and Exeter). Until 30 Lub kaum hli ntuj 2012, it was also a member of the 1994 Group.
We have 15,155 txais, dhau 25% come from outside the UK, representing over 100 nationalities.
- 10,810 undergraduates
- 4,345 postgraduates
- 54% male students
- 46% Cov poj niam
Student numbers are based on 2013/14 Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) cov ntaub ntawv.
- We have a 93% completion rate for undergraduates, one of the highest in the UK.*
- 93% of our students say they were satisfied with their course.**
- Our Students’ Union is ranked in the top three by the National Union of Students.
*Based on 2012/13 HESA data
**Based on the 2014 National Student Survey
Placements and employment
- We run one of the most well-established placement schemes in the UK.
- 86% of our employed UK full-time first degree graduates moved into top-level jobs compared to 66% of employed graduates nationally.*
- Up to 400 employers visit the University each year.
*Student earnings and students in employment data from HESA Destinations of Leavers from HE 2012/13.
- Our research grants and contracts portfolio is worth around £100 million.
- In the 2014 Kev tshawb fawb Excellence moj khaum (NYOB), 32% of the submitted research activity achieved the highest possible classification of 4*, defined as world-leading in terms of originality, RESPONSIBILITIES thiab rigour.
- Our innovative research into child poverty and support for vulnerable people won a prestigious Queen’s Anniversary Prize in 2011.
- Nyob rau hauv 2012 we began a three-year campus investment programme to build new teaching and residential space, and a £10 million building for arts and management called the Edge.
- Our library is open 24 hours a day, every day and has more than 500 PC and laptop docking points.
- 27,000 electronic books and 19,000 journals are available in the library.
- Our sports operation is branded Team Bath and has one of the best sports facilities in the UK.
- We hosted a number of teams and individuals in the lead-up to the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- Peb muaj dua 100,000 alumni from over 150 lub teb chaws thoob qab ntuj.
- Nyob rau hauv 2013/14 dhau 4,000 alumni and friends made donations.
- One of our earliest graduates, Roger Whorrod, and his wife Sue, have become our first £1m donors.
Tsev kawm ntawv / Qib siab / Saib xyuas / Kev kawm / Faculties
Yam xws li tshuab & Tsim
- Architecture & Civil Engineering
- Engineering tshuaj
- Electronic & Engineering hluav taws xob
- Mechanical Engineering
Humanities & Social Sciences
- Kho mob
- Txoj, Haiv lus & Kev tshawb fawb thoob ntiaj teb
- Social & Txoj cai Sciences
- Business Connections
- Tshawb xyuas
- Biology and Biochemistry
- Science News for KIDS
- Lub computer Science
- Mathematical Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- Pharmacy and Pharmacology
The University of Bath was granted university status in 1966 by Royal Charter, however our roots can be traced back to the Bristol Trade School – a technical school established in 1856.
Nyob rau hauv 1885 the school was renamed the Merchant Venturers’ Technical College and in 1929 the Bath School of Pharmacy became part of the college.
Los ntawm 1960 the college had become the Bristol College of Science and Technology and, following the Robbins Report of 1963, which recommended immediate expansion of universities, began to look at gaining university status.
With the college rapidly expanding and no suitable site available in Bristol, a chance conversation between the college principal and the Director of Education in Bath led to an agreement to provide the college with a new home in Claverton Down, Bath.
The first building on campus was completed in 1965 (becoming the building now known as 4 South), just a year before the Royal Charter was granted.
koj puas xav discuss University of Bath ? Lus nug, tuag los sis kev
Muab cov no pab ntxiv yog pab tau rau koj cov phooj ywg
Join to discuss of University of Bath.
THOV NCO NTSOOV: EducationBro Magazine ua kom koj muaj peev xwm yuav pab ntxiv yog kev tebchaws nyob 96 haiv lus, tab sis, peb hais kom koj mus hwm lwm cov neeg thiab sau lus Askiv.