- University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Saib ib muag
University of Leicester was founded almost a hundred years ago in the aftermath of the Great War. The men and women who built this new institution hoped that it would be not only a living memorial to the darkness of their recent past, but a beacon of hope for the future. Their aim was that sacrifices made in war should be commemorated through education and research that would change the world for the better.
University of Leicester are delivering this ambition.
University of Leicester have launched a new strategic plan, which sets out our vision to pioneer a distinctive new elite of research-intensive universities. Take a look at the Strategic Plan webpages to find out how we intend to do this.
Our values reflect our motto. To do justice to the hopes and the expectations of those on whose shoulders we now stand, we strive to make a difference in everything that we do.
Today our University is a lively, energetic and global community, in which dedicated and talented people are anticipating, working towards and helping to shape the future.
University of Leicester are committed both to undertaking research that saves, improves and enriches lives, and to fostering a teaching and learning environment that transforms the prospects of our students and those they will go on to influence. Find out about some of our greatest discoveries.
We envision being a University which is open to talent, not privilege and accessible to everyone with the ability to benefit from higher education.
Students and staff at the heart of the University
Students and staff are at the heart of our ambition and it is they that will help us deliver it. Our shared values both inspire and permeate everything we do:
- Sharing a commitment to excellence
- Respecting and appreciating people in a culture of trust and integrity
- Championing academic freedom and the importance of constructive debate
- Recognising and celebrating achievement and success
- Ensuring that the decisions we make about education are always student-centred
- Nurturing innovation and solving problems creatively
- Being aware that we work better when we work together
- Being adventurous and acknowledging that without mistakes, change and innovation are impossible
- Being accountable for our actions and promises
- Leading by example and doing what we say we will do
Tsev kawm ntawv / Qib siab / Saib xyuas / Kev kawm / Faculties
- Lag luam thiab kev tswj
- Science News for KIDS
- Economics, Finance and Accounting
- Yam xws li tshuab
- Lus Askiv thiab ntawv nyeem
- Geography and Geosciences
- History and Archaeology
- History of Art and Museum Studies
- Law and Criminology
- Mathematics and Computing
- Media, Film and Communication
- Medicine and Health
- Modern Languages and Cultures
- Politics and Social Sciences
The University was founded as Leicestershire and Rutland University College in 1921. The site for the University was donated by a local textile manufacturer, Thomas Fielding Johnson, in order to create a living memorial for those who lost their lives in First World War. This is reflected in the University’s motto Ut Vitam Habeant – ‘so that they may have life’.
Students were first admitted to the college in 1921. Nyob rau hauv 1927, after it became University College, Leicester, students sat the examinations for external degrees of the University of London. Nyob rau hauv 1957 the college was granted its Royal Charter, and has since then had the status of a University with the right to award its own degrees.
The University won the first ever series of University Challenge, nyob rau hauv 1963.
koj puas xav discuss University of Leicester ? Lus nug, tuag los sis kev
Muab cov no pab ntxiv yog pab tau rau koj cov phooj ywg
Join to discuss of University of Leicester.
THOV NCO NTSOOV: EducationBro Magazine ua kom koj muaj peev xwm yuav pab ntxiv yog kev tebchaws nyob 96 haiv lus, tab sis, peb hais kom koj mus hwm lwm cov neeg thiab sau lus Askiv.