- Lviv Polytechnic National University
Lviv Polytechnic National University
Lviv Polytechnic National University is de oudste technische instelling voor hoger onderwijs in de Oekraïne en Oost-Europa. Het werd opgericht als technisch academie in 1844. University bestaat uit 16 instituties, 114 afdelingen; autonoom, additional and general subdivisions. Sinds de oprichting in 1844, it was one of the most important centres of science and technological development in Central Europe. In het interbellum, de Polytechnische was één van de belangrijkste technische hogescholen in Polen, together with the Warsaw Polytechnic. Vandaag de universiteit is ook de National Defense University (militaire Institution).
Admission process in Lviv Polytechnic National University
Sinds 2016 toelatingsproces in het Oekraïens universiteiten voor buitenlandse studenten aviable via Oekraïense Admission Center.
For apply to Lviv Polytechnic National University foreign students have to online aanmelden via Oekraïense Admission Center.
Na het controleren van alle details in Admission Center, ze zullen uitnodigingsbrief om studenten te sturen.
Met uitnodigingsbrief leerlingen kunnen terecht bij de dichtstbijzijnde ambassade van Oekraïne en krijg studentenvisum.
geen examens, TOEFL, IELTS nodig als u de toepassing via Oekraïense Admission Center maken.
scholen / colleges / afdelingen / cursussen / faculteiten
Institute of the Humanities and Social Sciences
Department of Social Communication and Information Activities
Departement Vreemde Talen
Department of History of Ukraine and Ethnic Communication
Department of Political Science and International Relations
Department of Sociology and Social Work
Department of Ukrainian Language
Vakgroep Lichamelijke Opvoeding
Institute of Architecture
Department of Architectural Constructions
Department of Architectural Design
Department of Architectural Environment Design
Department of Design and Architecture Fundamentals
Department of Urban Planning and Design
Department of Restoration of Architectural and Artistic Heritage
Institute of Building and Environmental Engineering
Department of Building Constructions and Bridges
Department of Building Production
Department of Hydraulic and Sanitary Engineering
Department of Bridges and Structural Mechanics
Department of Heat and Gas Supply and Ventilation
Institute of Geodesy
Department of Higher Geodesy and Astronomy
Department of Geodesy
Department of Engineering Geodesy
Department of Cadastre of Territory
Department of Cartography and Geospatial Modelling
Department of Photogrammetry and Geoinformatics
Vyacheslav Chornovil Institute of Ecology, Nature Protection and Tourism
Department of Ecological Safety and Nature Protection Activity
Department of Ecological Politics and Environment Protection Management
Department of General Ecology and Eco-Information Systems
Department of Ecology and Sustainable Environmental Management
Department of Tourism
Department of Civil Safety
Instituut voor Economie en Management
Department of Business Economics and Investment
Department of Foreign Trade and Customs
Department of Marketing and Logistics
Department of Management and International Business
Department of Organizational Management
Department of Human Resource Management and Administration
Department of Accounting and Analysis
Ministerie van Financiën
Institute of Power Engineering and Control Systems
Department of Automation of Thermal and Chemical Processes
Department of Electrical Machines and Apparatuses
Department of Electrical Systems and Networks
Department of Power Plants
Department of Power Supply to Urban Industrial Enterprises and Agriculture
Department of Electric Drive and Computer-Controlled Electromechanical Systems
Department of Theoretical and General Electrical Engineering
Department of Heat Engineering and Thermal and Nuclear Power Plants
Institute of Engineering Mechanics and Transport
Department of Automotive Engineering
Department of Machine Parts
Department of Welding Manufacture, Diagnostics and Restoration of Metal Structures
Department of Operation and Repair of Automotive Vehicles
Department of Designing and Operation of Machines
Department of Mechanics and Automation of Mechanical Engineering
Department of Applied Materials Science and Materials Processing
Department of Mechanical Engineering Technologies
Department of Transport Technologies
Institute of Computer Science and Information Technologies
Department of Automated Control Systems
Department of Applied Linguistics
Department of Computer-Aided Design
Department of Publishing Information Technologies
Department of Information Systems and Networks
Department of Software
Institute of Computer Technologies, Automation and Metrology
Department of Specialized Computer Systems
Department of Computerized Automatic Systems
Department of High Precision Mechanics
Department of Information Security
Department of Measuring Information Technologies
Department of Information Technology Security
Department of Metrology, Standaardisatie en certificering
Institute of Enterprise and Advanced Technologies
Department of Accounting and Auditing
Department of General Economic Education and Marketing
Ministerie van Financiën
Department of Fundamental Subjects
Department of Humanitarian Training
Department of Information Systems and Technologies
Department of Information Systems and Technologies
Department of International Economics
Institute of Administration and Postgraduate Education
Department of Theoretical and Applied Economics
Department of Administrative and Financial Management
Department of Management Technologies
Institute of Jurisprudence and Psychology
Department of Administrative and Informational Law
Department of Criminal Law and Procedure
Department of History of State and Law
Department of Journalism and Mass Communication
Department of Psychology, Pedagogics and Social Management
Department of Theoretical and Applied Psychology
Department of Constitutional and International Law
Institute of Applied Mathematics and Fundamental Sciences
Department of Computational Mathematics and Programming
Department of Descriptive Geometry and Engineering Graphics
Department of Applied Physics and Nanomaterials Science
Department of International Information
Ministerie van Algemene natuurkunde
Institute of Telecommunications, Radioelectronics and Electronic Engineering
Department of Electronic Appliances
Department of Electronics and Information Technology
Department of Photonics
Department of Radioelectronic Appliances and Systems
Department of Semiconductor Electronics
Department of Telecommunication
Department of Theoretical Radio Engineering and Radio Measurement
Institute of Chemistry and Chemical Technologies
Department of Analytical Chemistry
Department of Chemical Engineering
Department of Chemical Technology of Oil and Gas Processing
Department of Chemistry and Technology of Inorganic Substances
Ministerie van Algemene Chemie
Department of Organic Chemistry
Department of Physical and Colloid Chemistry
Department of Chemical Technology of Plastics Processing
Department of Chemical Technology of Silicate Materials
Department of Technology of Biologically Active Substances, Pharmacy and Biotechnology
Department of Organic Products Technology
In 1817, the Austrian Empire opened a secondary technical school in Lemberg, divided into a technical school and a commercial school. Echter, the official change to a technical academy began in 1844, as noted in the following timeline:
- november 4, 1844: The school was upgraded to the Technical Academy Lemberg. Its first director was Austrian Florian Schindler, former director of the Technical College in Brünn (Brno). The building was situated at the corner of Virmenska and Teatralna streets in the building of Darovsky. The school had two departments – technical and commercial. Education lasted three years.
- november 1, 1848: During the Revolutions of 1848, the town’s center was shelled by the Austrian artillery of General Wilhelm Hammerstein. The building of the Technical Academy was destroyed by fire. Lectures were held in Town Municipality building (3rd floor) and continued there till 1850.
- december 4, 1850: Studies resume in the newly restored building.
- 1851: The number of students at the Technical Academy was 220, out of which 98 were Polish, 50 joodse, 48 Duits, 19 Ukrainian/Ruthenian, 4 Czech and 2 Hongaars. In hetzelfde jaar, professor Wawrzyniec Zmurko (graduate of the Vienna Polytechnic) became director of the Department of Mathematics, as the first Pole in the history of the school. Zmurko is considered as founder of theLwów School of Mathematics.
- 1852/1853: The beginning of the Academy reorganization, which was suggested by Josef Weiser. He wanted the Academy to be modelled after Paris Polytechnic, with two-level education.
- 1857-1868: Rudolf Günsberg was the assistant of Chemistry and the assistant Professor of Technological Chemistry.
- 1870: A Decree of Emperor Franz Joseph I of Austria established Polish as the official language of the school. Most professors who were not proficient in Polish left the Polytechnic.
- 1872: The Ministry of Affairs of Religions and Education gave permission to teach chemical technologies. Rudolf Günsberg started as the full Professor of Applied Chemistry.
- maart 12, 1872: Professor of physics Feliks Strzelecki was elected as the first Rector.
- april 1, 1874 – oktober 1877: Academy obtained permission to build new academic premises. Julian Zachariewicz was elected as the construction superintendent. He ordered that the facade of the building be modelled after the building of the Munich Polytechnic.
- oktober 7, 1877: The first telephone conversation on the territory of the Austro-Hungarian Empire took place, followed by a lecture of Doctor Roman Gostkowski. The Telephone line connected the Assembly Hall of the Main Building with the premises of the Department of Technical Chemistry.
- november 15, 1877: Inauguration of the new Rector – Professor of architecture Julian Zachariewicz. Op dezelfde dag, consecration of newly constructed school’s building took place, carried out by three Lvov’s Archbishops – Roman Catholic, Greek-Catholic and Armenian-Catholic and witnessed by Governor of Galicia, Alfred Potocki.
- 1877: Technical Academy was renamed to Polytechnical School (Instituut voor technologie). Echter, the rector as well as other professors refrained from using a German-sounding name, and insisted on calling it in Polish Szkola Politechniczna.
- september 13, 1880: Emperor Franz Joseph I visited the Polytechnical School. During that visit he ordered Jan Matejko to depict the technical progress of mankind in 11 pictures. Now these pictures decorate the Assembly Hall. The Emperor signed a guest book in Polish, the book is now kept in Wrocław.
- 1893: Due to efforts of Stanislaw Madejski, Minister of Education of Galicia, diplomas of the Polytechnic are regarded equal to diplomas of other renowned European schools of this kind.
- 1894: The 50th jubilee of the Polytechnical School. To commemorate that date, Professor Władysław Zajączkowski published the book “The Imperial Polytechnical School in Lviv. Historical essay on its foundation and development as well as its present state”.
- februari 13, 1894: The Polytechnic School Statute was adopted.
- 1905: Lviv Polytechnical School possessed the second place in the number of students after Vienna.
- 1914: As there were no limits on foreign students, in that year, students from the Russian part of Poland were some 30% of all. In that year, the school owned 11 laboratories and an astronomical station, and its library had some 20000 boeken.
- Russian occupation shut down the Polytechnic University for the 1914/15 academiejaar.
- november 1918: Students and professors of the Polytechnic take part in the Polish-Ukrainian war over Eastern Galicia. Among those fighting on Polish side, there are Kazimierz Bartel, Stefan Bryła and Antoni Wereszczynski, who later became the rector.
- november 8, 1919: Polish Government Unifies the Agricultural Academy in Dublany and Higher School of Forestry (Lwow) with Politechnical School.
- juni- 28, 1920: Adoption of the New Statute and renaming the Polytechnical School into Lviv Polytechnic (Pools: Politechnika Lwowska).
- november 19, 1922: The Polytechnic is awarded by the Polish Government with Cross of Defenders of Lwów. Earlier in that year, Marshal of France Ferdinand Foch comes to Lwow and is awarded the title of doctor honoris causa of the school.
- februari 23, 1931: Council of the Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry of Polytechnic conferred academic rank of Honorary Doctor to professor Nils Handson (Stockholm, Zweden).
- 1934: Construction of the building of the Library on Professor Street 1 was finished.
- november 11, 1936: President Ignacy Mościcki awards the school with Order Polonia Restituta in appreciation of its achievements.
- oktober 1939: The Polytechnic was renamed to Lviv Polytechnical Institute.
- juli- 4, 1941 (at night): On Vuletsky Hills German occupiers, shot professors of the Polytechnic Institute – Wlodzimierz Krukowski, Antoni Łomnicki, Stanislaw Pilat, Włodzimierz Stożek, Kazimierz Vetulani, Kasper Weigel, Roman Witkiewicz, Tadeusz Boy-Żeleński and others.
- juli- 26, 1941: Professor Kazimierz Bartel was murdered in the basements of Gestapo headquarters.
- Lente 1942 – Lente 1944: Special three-month courses for electrical engineers, road and bridge civil engineers, agrarian engineers, enz. were working in the premises, of the present Mechanical Technology Department. Na de oorlog, these classes were continued in Gliwice.
- Autumn 1944: The 100th jubilee of Lviv Polytechnical Institute was celebrated very quietly in Lviv – the Second World War was still going on.
- 1945: The Geodetic Department was founded. Most professors of Polish ethnicity, leave Lviv for Poland. The Polish traditions developed at the Polytechnic were continued at theSilesian University of Technology in Gliwice and Wrocław University of Technology.
- oktober 1946: The Lviv Polytechnical Institute began to publish the periodical newspaper “Lviv Polytechnic”.
- 1952: The Radio-engineering Department was founded.
- 1962: The Automation, Electromechanical and Mechanical Technology Departments were founded.
- 1966: The Economical Engineering Department was founded.
- 1967: The Department of Technology of Organic Substances was founded.
- 1970: The second building of the Library was erected.
- 1971: The Heating Engineering Department was founded.
- 1989: Democratic changes began at Polytechnical Institute
- april 10, 1991: Inauguration of the first democratically elected Rector for the last 50 jaar – Yu. Rudavsky.
- 1992: Computer Engineering Department and Information Technology Department were founded.
- 1992: Institute of Humanities was founded on the basis of the following chairs:
- Geschiedenis van de Oekraïne, its Science and Technology
- Oekraïense taal
- Vreemde talen (Engels, Duits, Frans, Spaans, Russisch, Japanese)
- 1993: The Department of Applied Mathematics was founded.
- juni- 1993: The Lviv Polytechnical Institute got the status of university, becoming Lviv Polytechnic State University.
- 1994: Lviv Polytechnic got the status of national university becoming Lviv Polytechnic National University.
- juli- 8, 2009: The Lviv Polytechnic received the status of self-governing (autonoom) nationale onderzoeksuniversiteit.
Wil je discuss Lviv Polytechnic National University ? Hebt u een vraag, commentaar of beoordelingen
Deel deze nuttige info met je vrienden
Join to discuss of Lviv Polytechnic National University.
HOUD ER REKENING MEE DAT: EducationBro Magazine geeft u de mogelijkheid om informatie over de universiteiten lezen op 96 talen, maar we vragen u om andere leden te respecteren en reacties achterlaten in het Engels.