University of Exeter

University of Exeter. Ho ithuta ka England, UK

University of Exeter Details

  • naheng : united kingdom
  • City : Exeter
  • ke khutsufatso : U tsa E
  • thehiloe : 1922
  • baithuti (approx.) : 21000
  • Se ke la lebala ho discuss University of Exeter
Enroll at University of Exeter

Overview


Univesithi ea Exeter hlahang tlhōrōng ea UK 10 nakong e fetileng 4 lilemo tse (The Times le ea Sunday Times Good University Guide) 'me palo ka holimo 100 liunivesithi lefatšeng ho ea ka Times Thuto e Phahamengboemong ea machaba ea. Le leng la boemo CWTS Leiden 2015 jarisa re 34th lefatšeng bakeng sa ho kenya letsoho ka kopanelo litabeng tsa saense le tshusumetso. Re setho sa maemo a holimo Russell Group of etsa lipatlisiso liunivesithi matla e.

Boleng ba thuto le phihlelo o ile a fumana Univesithing ea Exeter bolela hore re boemo bo8 UK a tsa morao-raoTimes Thuto e Phahameng Seithuti se Experience Survey.

Ho ea ka morao-rao Thuto e Phahameng Lipalo-palo Agency Data, re beha bo9 tsoa liunivesithi tsohle UK bakeng sa phihlello: 84 diphesente liithuti tsa rōna tsa qeta le mohlomong e Pele kapa 2:1.

liithuti tsa rōna tsa batla e ngata re le re ba bona ba - re leka ho etsa thuto ea rōna bofuli le ho ithuta ea hao e ikhethang.

ho ruta ho etsa lipatlisiso bululetsoeng

basebetsi ba nkang Our akatemi tse fetang libui tseo ruta ho bala libuka. Ba ikemisetsa isang etsa lipatlisiso taba sebakeng sa heno. Mashome a robong robeli diphesente tsa patlisiso ea rōna e rated joalokaha lefatšeng-itlhommeng pele kapa matjhabeng a hlokomela (Research bokhabane Moralo 2014). O tla rutoa ke litsebi le ba karolo ea setso e bululetsoeng ke etsa lipatlisiso - o tla tšohla likhopolo tsa morao-rao haholo diseminara le tutorials le ka 'na ba e le setho se mafolofolo sa thimi etsa lipatlisiso.

At Exeter liithuti li beha e tsoang botebong ba tsamaiso le feela ka tsebo ea le mehaho lentsoe maikutlo a bona 'me o batla. Leqeme la ho tšepa ba invested liithuti ho ama univesithi maitemogelo a bona le liphello tsa ba hahang 'putsang.

Michelangelo S. Liithuti 'na ho na le ho bebofatsa le ho tataisa ena, le kamano e le tse khothatsang re na le University lumella mehopolo ea ho fetoha hore ke tle ho phethahala.

Sena se setso sa e ikhethang e bogolosegolo fihlellwa ka mosebetsi o etsoang ke inehetseng rona Reps Sehlooho le Change Agents leqheka lena, empa ka linako tsohle seithuti se e kgothaletswa ho ditshwaelo le ho kopanela le ba motse oo ba potolohileng. Mona, bohle o memeloa ho ba karolo ea mokhatlo oa batho hape ena, le liithuti tsela le lere la phutheha liketsahalong joaloka likhau tse ruta, ka mohlala, o akaretsa sena. Kaha kgethilego ka likete tsa bona bakeng sa basebetsi ba batla ho keteka, liithuti li ka nako eo o ile a botsa hore ba ikopanye le basebeletsi ba sa maneha likhau mokete, ho bona batho ba tsoang likarolong tsohle tsa khamphaseng le le ho feta ho tla ba le 'moho ho hlokomela mosebetsi o boima.

Re boetse re amohela morero shadowing, le liithuti tse latelang litho phahameng tsa basebetsi bakeng sa letsatsi le le lere la pheta sena ka shadowing bona puseletso. Ke ile sa fella ka selemong sena ho qetela, ho ba teng libokeng le Motlatsi Motlatsi Chancellor bakeng Education, Janice Kay, eo ka nako eo a tla ho lipuo tsa ka 'me diseminara hamorao bekeng eo. Ha ho na likarohano mona, bohle re ba sebetsa hammoho 'me mong le e mong o ikutloa a atameleha.

Imogen Sanders

Liithuti Tsa 'Michelangelo S. motlatsi oa mopresidente Academic Ditaba

Likolo / Colleges / mafapha / Courses / ba magoro


The Business School

  • boikarabello
  • moruo
  • Finance
  • Organisation Studies
  • Management Studies

College of Life and Environmental Sciences

  • Biosciences
  • Environment and Sustainability Institute
  • Geography
  • Living Systems Institute
  • Psychology
  • Sport le Sciences Bophelo

College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences

  • Mahlale a likomporo
  • Engineering
  • Environment and Sustainability Institute
  • jioloji
  • Living Systems Institute
  • thuto ea lipalo
  • Mining and Minerals Engineering
  • Sciences Natural
  • Fisiks le bolepi ba linaleli
  • Renewable Energy

College of Social Sciences and International Studies

  • Arab and Islamic Studies
  • Education
  • Environment and Sustainability Institute
  • molao
  • Lipolotiki
  • kahisano, Philosophy and Anthropology
  • Strategy and Security Institute

College of le botho

  • Archaeology
  • Art History and Visual Culture
  • Classics le ea boholo-holo History
  • tšoantšiso
  • English
  • filimi Studies
  • Foreign Language Centre
  • History
  • Arts Liberal
  • morao-rao Lipuo
  • Theology and Religion

Medical School

  • Institute of Biomedical & Clinical Science
  • Institute of Health Research
  • Living Systems Institute
  • Medicine
  • Medical Imaging
  • Sciences ya kalafi

History


To celebrate the educational and scientific work of Prince Albert, and inspired by the Great Exhibition of 1851, Exeter School of Art in 1855 and the Exeter School of Science in 1863 ba ne ba thehile. ka 1868, the Schools of Art and Science relocated to Royal Albert Memorial Museum in Queen Street, Exeter and, with support from the University of Cambridge, became the Exeter Technical and University Extension College ka 1893.

ka 1900 its official title was changed to the Royal Albert Memorial College and the college moved to Bradninch Place in Gandy Street. The college was again renamed to the University College of the South West of England ka 1922 after the college was incorporated under theCompanies Act and included on the list of institutions eligible to receive funds from the then University Grants Committee. As was customary for new university institutions in England in the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, the college prepared students for external degrees of the University of London.

Alderman W H Reed, a former mayor of Exeter, donated Streatham Hall on the Streatham Estate to the new University College in 1922. Streatham Hall was renamed to Reed Hall after its benefactor. Ka nako e tšoanang, the first principal of the University College, later Sir Hector Hetherington, persuaded the Council of the College to buy a major portion of the Streatham Estate. A slow move to the Streatham Estate from the centre of the city occurred over time. The first new building erected on the Streatham Estate was the Washington Singer building; the foundation stone was laid by the Prince of Wales (later King Edward VIII), then President of the University College of the South West of England. The building was opened in 1931. The first of the purpose-built halls of residence, Mardon Hall, buloa 1933. The second academic building on the estate was the Roborough Library named in recognition of the interest taken in the development of the college by the first Lord Roborough, one of its early benefactors. Roborough Library was completed around 1939.

The University College of the South West of England became the University of Exeter and received its Royal Charter in 1955, exactly one hundred years after the formation of the original Exeter School of Art. Queen Elizabeth II presented the Charter to the university on a visit to Streatham the following year.

The university underwent a period of considerable expansion in the 1960s. pakeng tsa 1963 le 1968, a period when the number of students at Exeter almost doubled, no fewer than ten major buildings were completed on the Streatham estate as well as halls of residence for around 1,000 baithuti. These included homes for the Chemistry and Physics departments, the Newman, Laver and Engineering Buildings and Streatham Court. Queen’s Building had been opened for the Arts Faculty in 1959 and the Amory Building, housing Law and Social Sciences, followed in 1974. In the following two decades, considerable investment was made in developing new self-catering accommodation for students.

Gifts from the Gulf States made it possible to build a new university library in 1983 and more recently have allowed for the creation of a new Institute of Arab and Islamic Studies. A further major donation enabled the completion of the Xfi Centre for Finance and Investment. Ho tloha 2009, significant further investment has been made into new student accommodation, new buildings in The Business School, and the Forum: a new development for the centre of Streatham Campus.

ka 1838, the Exeter Diocesan Board of Education resolved to found an institution for the education and training of schoolmasters, the first such initiative in England. Ka hoo, a year later, the Exeter Diocesan Training College was created in Cathedral Close, Exeter at the former house of the Archdeacon of Totnes, adjacent to Exeter Cathedral. The first Principal was appointed and the college opened in 1840.

Expansion followed, le ka 1853, John Hayward (who was later responsible for the design of the Royal Albert Memorial Museum) was commissioned to design a purpose built premises for the college on Heavitree Road. mohaho oo o, largely built in grey limestone from Torbaywith Bath Stone dressings, was completed by the autumn of the following year. On 18 Mphalane 1854, after a service in Exeter Cathedral, an opening ceremony for the new buildings was held. From this date in 1854 (St Luke’s Day), the college was unofficially known as St Luke’s. The college’s intake in 1854 e ne e 40 baithuti.

In parallel, at the Royal Albert Memorial College, an initiative within the Arts and Sciences department in 1912 eventually led to the formation of an Institute of Education (of which St Luke’s College was a constituent member) and a separate department of Extra Mural Studies for the purposes of teacher training. Exeter Diocesan Training College was formally renamed to St Luke’s College Exeter in 1930 and became co-educational in 1966.

ka 1978, St Luke’s College Exeter was incorporated into the University of Exeter. A faculty was created incorporating the university’s Institute of Education and St Luke’s College Exeter into a new School of Education.

The Peninsula Medical School was established in 2000 in conjunction with the University of Plymouth and the National Health Service, based at St Luke’s and the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital. The School of Dentistry opened in 2007 le, together with the Peninsula Medical School, created the Peninsula College of Medicine and Dentistry. St Luke’s campus is the main site for the University of Exeter Medical School, which accepted its first students in 2013.

During the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, Cornwall was among the most significant metalliferous mining regions in the world. Camborne School of Mines was founded in 1888 to meet the needs of this local industry.

Camborne School of Mines was located in the centre of Camborne for almost a century but, following major investment by the international mining industry and others, relocated in 1975 to purpose-built facilities mid-way between Camborne and Redruth. Significant expansion and diversification of teaching and research provision occurred during the 1980s and early 1990s, including the development of undergraduate and taught postgraduate degree programmes in geology, environmental science and surveying. ka 1993, Camborne School of Mines was incorporated into the University of Exeter.

Initiatives by the University of Exeter and others to expand the provision of higher education in Cornwall resulted in the Combined Universities in Cornwall (CUC) initiative in 1999. As part of this initiative, Penryn, just outside Falmouth, became the site of the Penryn Campus, a facility shared with Falmouth University. Camborne School of Mines relocated to Penryn during 2004 when the university’s new Cornwall Campus opened.


A na u batla discuss University of Exeter ? potso leha e le efe, litlhaloso kapa recensioni


University of Exeter on Map


Photo


Photos: University of Exeter semmuso Facebook

Video





Share Info ena e metle le metsoalle ea hao

University of Exeter reviews

Join to discuss of University of Exeter.
LEMOHA KA KOPO: EducationBro Magazine u fa matla a ho e bala Info mabapi liunivesithi nakong 96 lipuo, empa re u botsa ho hlompha litho tse ling 'me u litlhaloso ka Senyesemane.