- University of Southern Queensland
University of Southern Queensland
nu University of Southern Queensland (USQ) nyaeta medium-ukuran hiji, universitas regional dumasar dina Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia, jeung tilu kampus universitas di Toowoomba, Springfield and Ipswich. It offers courses in law, kasehatan, rékayasa, élmu, business, pendidikan, and the arts. USQ has been a leader in distance learning by leveraging technology since the 1970s, which has allowed it to serve rural Queensland and international communities through its on campus, off kampus, and online programs. In 1998 it was named World’s Best On and Off Campus University by the International Council for Open and Distance Education and was winner of the Australian University of the Year Award in 2000-2001.
Ieu ngoperasikeun tilu institutes panalungtikan jeung tujuh puseur panalungtikan nu difokuskeun rupa-rupa bisnis, pertanian, ilmiah, lingkungan, jeung isu téhnologis.
lembaga diadegkeun di 1967 salaku kampus Darling Downs tina Queensland Institute of Technology. In 1971, it became the Darling Downs Institute of Advanced Education, mangka University College of Southern Queensland di 1990 sarta pamustunganana Universitas Southern Queensland di 1992.
USQ proudly ngarojong, nilai, jeung ngahormat ka rupa-rupa identities budaya, basa, and beliefs within the university. We work to provide information to all members of USQ, ogé masarakat lokal jeung internasional.
di USQ, urang bangga diversity urang:
- staf urang kiwari anu lahir di 66 nagara beda
- Kami gaduh 33 anggota staf pribumi
- 17% populasi mahasiswa urang siswa internasional
- our international students come from 94 nagara beda
- 101 different languages are spoken by our active (Australia jeung internasional) mahasiswa.
USQ endeavors pikeun nyadiakeun lingkungan learning aman dimana sadaya siswa jeung staf kabuka bisa ngabagikeun gagasan jeung hormat nganyatakeun pamadegan maranéhna – regardless of their culture identity or religious affiliation. By acknowledging and respecting our diversity, urang bisa nguatkeun usaha panalungtikan kolaborasi urang, jeung compliment pangajaran jeung learning pangalaman USQ sacara.
di USQ, urang narékahan pikeun:
- nguatkeun uran USQ di multiculturalism dina sistem pendidikan luhur Australia jeung peuntas laut
- nyumbang kana identitas unik USQ ku ngamekarkeun program inovatif dina multiculturalism
- ngalibetkeun masarakat University jeung lokal di multiculturalism ngaliwatan kiriman husus, program berorientasi masarakat
- ngamekarkeun gawé babarengan deukeut antara pamaréntah jeung organisasi non-pamarentahan di lokal, state jeung tingkat nasional di wewengkon multiculturalism
- ngarojong wangunan tina budaya kuat multiculturalism ku rekrutmen mahasiswa, inovasi dina learning jeung pangajaran jeung internationalization
- nyumbang ka arah internationalization Universitas, jeung
- ngamajukeun konsep multiculturalism jeung mangpaatna dina prakték.
sakola / akademi / departemén / kursus / fakultas
- bisnis & padagangan
- Creative Arts & media
- rékayasa & Built Environment
- kasehatan & masarakat
- Kamanusaan & komunikasi
- Téknologi informasi
- Law and Justice
- English Language
- Pathways Programs
- Professional Development
In less than fifty years we have become a prominent multi-campus teaching and research institution providing education worldwide. Woven into the fabric of USQ is the vision and determination of many University and community members who, over the years, have been instrumental in implementing expansion and growth, shaping what we see today.
1967 Queensland Institute of Technology (Darling Downs)
on 2 Desember 1960 a public meeting of over 200 people from Toowoomba and surrounds led to the founding of the Darling Downs University Establishment Association under the Chairmanship of Dr Alex McGregor. Their purpose was to set up a higher education institution on the Darling Downs. The Association, with the support of the local community, lobbied government, raised funds and eventually succeeded with the formation of the Queensland Institute of Technology (Darling Downs) dina 2 Pebruari 1967.
From one building in a bare green field, a Principal, eight full-time and five part-time academics, and five support staff taught our first 140 mahasiswa 29 courses in engineering, business studies and science at Diploma and Certificate levels. From these humble beginnings a fine institution has grown.
1971 Darling Downs Institute of Advanced Education (DDIAE)
dina Juni 1971, the Institute became an autonomous multi-purpose college under the control of its own College Council.
The DDIAE approach was centred on student-focussed learning and teaching through employment-focussed curricula. Professional courses were offered in:
- Téknologi informasi
- creative and liberal arts.
The DDIAE underwent enormous growth in the student body between 1970 jeung 1990 and consequently, the Toowoomba campus grew immensely.
Distance education delivery became our student’s preferred study mode during the mid-1970s. ku 1980, external enrolments exceeded on-campus enrolments, and provided us with the opportunity to enter the international market. salila 1986-7 we accepted no less than three-quarters of Australia’s off-shore international student enrolments.
1990 University College of Southern Queensland (UCSQ)
In the late 1980s the DDIAE moved towards achieving full university status, initially as a University College for an interim period under the sponsorship of the University of Queensland.
During this time our first professors were appointed, major research programs were established, new teaching programs were introduced, and what would become a $100m capital works program over the next decade was commenced.
1992 University of Southern Queensland (USQ)
The institution gained full university status in 1992, becoming the University of Southern Queensland (USQ). The University has changed dramatically in many ways since then, kaasup:
- developing a significant research profile
- expanding our postgraduate coursework programs
- establishing significant branch campuses: Fraser Coast Campus in Hervey Bay on the central Queensland coast and the Springfield Campus in Brisbane’s western corridor
- expanding our ties with local communities, such as partnering to establish the Queensland College of Wine Tourism in Stanthorpe with the Department of Education and Training and Southern Queensland Institute of TAFE
- further expanding international programs including developing relationships with major off-shore centres and a strong on-shore presence through the Sydney Education Centre.
Anjeun hoyong discuss University of Southern Queensland ? Sakur Patarosan, koméntar atawa resensi
Bagikeun info ieu dipake jeung babaturan
Join to discuss of University of Southern Queensland.
PUNTEN CATET: EducationBro Magazine méré Anjeun kamampuhan pikeun maca info ngeunaan universitas di 96 basa, tapi urang nanya ka hormat anggota sejen tur ninggalkeun koméntar dina basa Inggris.