- Claude Bernard University Lyon 1
Claude Bernard University Lyon 1
Claude Bernard Lyon 1 is a University for living life to the full. Its campuses, located in the heart of an outstanding region, are lively places with plenty of activities, enabling students to develop and achieve a sense of personal fulfilment. The University Lyon 1 is situated on 13 different sites in four of the principal centres of activity of the Rhône-Alpes region of France : the cities of Lyon, Saint-Etienne and Bourg-en-Bresse and the town of Roanne. The University largely contributes to the development of this region through its partnerships with local and national companies and the regional authorities.
A welcoming university, with studies that correspond to society’s needs
Lyon 1’s student population is of nearly 40.000. 54% of this population is female and 18% receive a student’s grant. Lyon 1 is also proud to count a large proportion of foreign students (10,5% of its students, of 134 nationalities).
Nearly 80% of students opt for vocational programmes : Lyon 1 produces no less than 9250 graduates per year.
- The study programmes on offer in the health science faculties give access to the totality of the medical professions (doctor of medicine, pharmacist, dentist, midwife) and paramedical professions (audioprosthesist, ergotherapist, physiotherapist, speech therapist, orthoptist, physiotherapist specialised in psychomotor integration).
- Lyon 1’s science sector also offers a vast choice of subjects: the DUT diploma provides training in 17 areas of expertise for future technical managers. 57 vocational bachelor’s degrees prepare students for middle management jobs. 111 master’s degrees (vocational, reasearch or combined vocational and reasearch) prepare students for senior management jobs or for work in research and development. Lyon 1 also offers a very high standard of specialized vocational training in engineering (Polytech Lyon) and actuarial sciences (ISFA).
- L’ESPE, the teacher training establishment specialized in the vocational preparation of primary and secondary teachers (of all subjects).
Lyon 1 awards 300 doctorates a year to students at the outcome of their resarch studies, conducted in the university’s laboratories, in cooperation with partner industries or other educational establishments.
As well as providing a wide initial undergraduate studies programme, Lyon 1 accompanies independent or company backed students in continuing professional development training.
The active encouragement of innovation
Lyon 1 is a multidisciplinary university specializing in both fundamental and applied research and as such it can boast more than 4415 internationally published articles and 44 patents per year. The University has 68 state-funded research units working in three fields; health, the environment and material technologies. A certain number of these units are the result of the association of several laboratories into research clusters. This enables these collective structures to have a much wider field of expertise and the access to, or the purchase of, higher performance research tools than would be possible as individual structures.
The University’s private sector industry intermediaries, EZUS Lyon1 and Lyon Ingénierie Projet (LIP) help Lyon 1’s laboratories to reply successfully to calls to tender for national and international research contracts.
Nationally and internationally acknowledged
The University is committed to more than 80 European Union projects and participates actively in The Seventh Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development (FP7).
The international status of Lyon 1 as a centre of excellence for research has recently been demonstrated:
- by the financial backing awarded to the University by the Agence Nationale pour la Recherche,
- by the University’s participation in the Thematic Network for Advanced Research called Therapeutic Innovations and Infectiology,
- as well as the Thematic Centres for Research and Healthcare: Neurocap (neuroscience), Centaure (organ transplantation) and Synergie Lyon Cancer
- and the Institut CarnotI@L: transport and materials science.
- Add to this 6 research clusters in the fields of the health sciences (Lyonbiopole), nanotechnology (Minalogic), chemistry and environment (Axelera), plasturgy (Plastipolis), textiles (Techtera), sport (Sporaltec) and public transport (Lyon Urban Truck and bus 2015).
Schools / Colleges / Departments / Courses / Faculties
- Faculty of Medicine Lyon East
- Faculty of Medicine and Maieutic Lyon Sud – Charles Mérieux
- Faculty of Odontology
- Department of Human Biology
- Institute of Pharmaceutical and Biological Sciences
- Rehabilitation Institute of Sciences and Techniques
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- Faculty of Science and Technology
- Faculty of Science and Techniques of Physical and Sports Activities
- University Institute of Technology Lyon 1
- Polytech Lyon
- Lyon Observatory
- Financial Science Institute and Insurance
- School of the Teaching and Education
Do you want discuss Claude Bernard University Lyon 1 ? Any question, comments or reviews
Share this useful info with your friends
Join to discuss of Claude Bernard University Lyon 1.
PLEASE NOTE: EducationBro Magazine gives you ability to read info about universities at 96 languages, but we ask you to respect other members and leave comments in English.