- University of Lubeck
University of Lubeck
In 1973, the University of Lubeck became an independent scientific institution in the state of Schleswig-Holstein. We offer degree programmes in medicine, computer science, engineering, and natural sciences. Interdisciplinary programmes encompassing natural sciences, computer science, and medicine offer practical and up-to-date education underpinned by the highest standard of healthcare. The conditions here for developing and applying innovative technologies, diagnostics, and treatments are ideal, as a result of teamwork among faculties, and collaboration with other institutions in Lübeck, the Research Center Borstel, the Medical Laser Centre, and local businesses. Teaming-up with national and international research institutes bolsters the quality of research at our university, currently defined by two special fields of research.
Compared with other universities, the University of Lubeck is small, with just 3,400 students – but boasts a good teacher-student ratio. The high standings of our computer science and medicine students underscores the high standard of our teaching and education.
University of Lubeck
- Is guaranteed its autonomy by the state. This calls for self-governance, performing outstanding research on an international scale, providing demanding education, fostering young academics, and ensuring properly qualified staff. We achieve these goals through interdisciplinary programmes involving the faculties of medicine, natural sciences, and computer science/engineering.
- We provide full-service care to the patients in our clinic.
University of Lubeck
and its associated members and institutions:
- Conduct innovative and knowledge-driven basic research with a wide range of applications;
- Offer multifaceted, advanced, research-based education founded on theory, in a systematic and didactically well structured manner to build a bridge to the real world, and review these regularly;
- Strive for rigorous and ongoing reforms of all degree programmes and semesters, in order to create and advance innovative education;
- Collaborate with research institutes and with domestic and international businesses, especially those based in the region;
- Are nationally and internationally oriented and competitive;
- Plan responsibly for the future by expanding the university, its faculties and the clinic, and enhance their significance;
- Ensure the highest standards of quality for all services;
- Stand for tolerance and responsible interaction among all groups at the university and for the principles of equality, especially among men and women, and make an effort to fulfil these;
- Motivate their members to take on responsibility;
- Create a pro-family atmosphere and framework to better harmonise education and careers with family life;
- Act in a responsible, economic, and competent manner to use the resources entrusted to them with care and in an environment-friendly way.
Schools / Colleges / Departments / Courses / Faculties
Degree Programmes Taught in English
- Biomedical Engineering
- Infection Biology
Degree Programmes Taught in German
- Computer Science
- Computational Life Science
- Entrepreneurship in Digital Technologies
- Media Informatics
- Medical Informatics
- Medical Engineering Science
- Molecular Life Science
|1912||Strecknitz Treatment and Care Centre|
|after 1945||City Hospital East|
|3. November 1964||Academy of Medicine of Lübeck (2nd Faculty of Medicine of the Christian Albrechts University of Kiel), clinical semester for the medicine degree programme|
|7. May 1973||Medical School of Lübeck|
|1979||Preclinical Faculty of Natural Sciences (today: Faculties of Computer Science/Engineering and Natural Sciences), for students in the pre-clinical semester of their medical degree programme|
|10. May 1985||Medical University of Lübeck|
|WS 1993/94||Computer Science degree programme|
|WS 2001/02||Molecular Biotechnology degree programme (now: Molecular Life Science)|
|29. Mai 2002||Universität zu Lübeck|
|Computational Life Science degree programme
Medical Engineering Science degree programme
Do you want discuss University of Lubeck ? Any question, comments or reviews
Share this useful info with your friends
Join to discuss of University of Lubeck.
PLEASE NOTE: EducationBro Magazine gives you ability to read info about universities at 96 languages, but we ask you to respect other members and leave comments in English.