- Belgorod State University
Belgorod State University
Belgorod State University offers its students all the advantages of a modern university: personal atmosphere, individual mentoring by committed teaching staff and modern equipment in lecture halls and labs. The high quality of the academic training with its strong emphasis on practical experience and applicability has led to top positions in all relevant Russian university rankings.
Housing is arranged for foreign students in students accommodation. The campus of our university with its modern buildings and green area is situated close to the town center and all facilities are within walking distance.
The Mission of Belgorod State National Research University is to solve research problems of the international and national scale and, harmoniously integrating the educational, research, social and cultural functions of the University, to train highly qualified professionals capable of ensuring the competitiveness of Russia and Belgorod region on the global socioeconomic arena, preserving and developing the cultural and moral legacy of the country and the region.
- 24 thousand students from 85 regions of Russia;
- More than 2200 foreign students from 79 countries;
- 15 Joint Educational Projects with top universities of Europe, Asia-Pacific Region and USA;
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes in English;
- Over 140 agreements for international cooperation;
- 11 Associates and Members of Russian Academy of Sciences,
- Over 1,200 Doctors and Candidates of Science,
- 7 Institutes, 3 Faculties, Medical College, 2 branches;
- 19 core departments and 102 sub-departments;
- 278 licensed specialities of Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs;
- 14 Candidate and Doctoral Dissertation Councils;
- 50 scientific directions of basic and applied research
- 1 Science school;
- 55 research centers and laboratories ;
- 3 common use centers of scientific equipment;
- 38 research, scientific and educational centers;
- 6 scientific centers;
- BSU Technological Cluster “High Technologies” with a business incubator;
- Regional IP Center;
- 26 Postgraduate training programmes in 80 specialities;
- Students’ Union assembling 19 students’ associations;
- Youth Cultural Centre, which includes 16 students art clubs;
- BelSU Library System:
- 6 reading halls,
- 5 delivery desks,
- 1,2 mln. editions;
- More than 4000 computers (including branches and Medical College).
- 72 computer classrooms (including branches and Medical College);
- 20 academic buildings;
- 6 dormitories;
- “Belgorod” Publishing House;
- St. Gabriel Church of BelSU;
- Pharmacy licensed to prepare compound drugs;
- “Nezhegol” Recreation Complex;
- Museum Complex (University’s History Museum, Zoological Museum, Mineralogical Museum, N. Strakhov Library-Museum);
- BelSU Healthcare Centre;
- Horse Riding School;
- Svetlana Khorkina Sports Complex.
Schools / Colleges / Departments / Courses / Faculties
- Institute of Law
- Institute of Pedagogy
- Faculty of Physical Education
- Faculty of Preschool, Primary and Special education
- Faculty of History and Philology
- Faculty of Mathematics and Science Education
- Faculty of Foreign Languages
- Faculty of Psychology
- Institute of Medicine
- Faculty of medical Affairs and Pediatrics
- Dental faculty
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Medical College
- The Institute of Cross-cultural Communications and International Relations
- The Preparatory Faculty
- Institute of Management
- Institute of Economy
- Institute of Engineering Technology and Natural Science
- Faculty of Mining and Natural Resource Management
- Faculty of Journalism
- Faculty of Theology and Social Sciences
- Alexeyevka branch
- Stary Oskol branch
The history of our University is closely connected with the history of pedagogic education in Russia. The reforms of 1860s promoted the speeding-up of economy, trade and military science development and brought about the increase of educational establishments. Since 1872 special educational institutions – teaching institutes – were established.
On September 26, 1876 in a district town Belgorod the Teacher’s Training Institute – the ninth one in Russia – was founded by the order of the Ministry of Public Education. Since that time the difficult but interesting way of our University has begun.
On June 4, 1919 Belgorod Teacher’s Training Institute was reorganized into Belgorod Pedagogical Institute by the order of the People’s Commissariat for Education of the RSFSR, and in 1920 it was reorganized into Belgorod Institute of Public Education.
In 1922 Belgorod Institute of Public Education was reorganized into Belgorod Practical Institute of Public Education, which was reordered into the Pedagogical Secondary School in September, 1923.
In 1939 it became the Teacher’s Training Institute again.
In 1941, when World War II began, the Institute stopped functioning. In1944, when the fascists invaders were driven out from the territory of the USSR, the Institute resumed its work in Stary Oskol town as Belgorod was destroyed during the war. After the war the Institute successfully developed its activity.
On June 21, 1954 the Teacher’s Training Institute was reorganized into the Pedagogical Institute.
In 1957 the Institute was removed to Belgorod and placed in a building in Kommunisticheskaya street (today it’s the building of the Social-Theological Faculty, 78 Preobrazhenskaya street).
In 1966 the Institute moved into a new building in Stydencheskaya street.
In 1967 Belgorod State Pedagogical Institute was named after М.S. Olminsky (Decision of the Council of Ministers of the RSFSR No.411 of June 6, 1967, Decree of the Minister of Education of the RSFSR No.142 of June 29, 1967).
In 1994 Belgorod State Pedagogical Institute named after М.S. Olminsky was renamed as Belgorod State Pedagogical University named after М.S. Olminsky (Decree of the National Council’s Higher Education of the Russian Federation No.1005 of October 13, 1994 On renaming of higher educational establishments).
In July, 1996 on the base of Belgorod State Pedagogical Institute named after М.S. Olminsky of the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation, Belgorod Territorial Faculty of Russian Distance Learning Finance and Economics Institute of the National Council’s Higher Education of the Russian Federation and Belgorod Medical College of Belgorod Region Administration, Belgorod State University of National Council’s Higher Education of the Russian Federation was founded, which is a successor of the above listed institutes (Decree of the President of the Russian Federation No.1030 of July 12, 1996, Decision of the Government of the Russian Federation No.880 of July 23, 1996, Decree of the National Council’s Higher Education of the Russian Federation No.1410 of August 14, 1996).
Legal succession of Belgorod State University to Belgorod Pedagogical Institute, founded in 1876, is stated by Decision of Belgorod Region Arbitration Court of August 1, 2001 with regard to case А08-2793/01-6.
On December 5, 2002 Belgorod State University was added to the Unified State Register of Legal Entities as the State Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education Belgorod State University.
On January 17, 2005 the State Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education Belgorod State University was added to the Unified State Register of Legal Entities as the State Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education “Belgorod State University”.
In 2010 the State University (“BelSU”) was the only academic institution of the Belgorod region, as well as of the Central Federal District (except universities of the capital of Russia), to be granted the “National Research University” status (Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation No.812-r of May 20, 2010).
In 2011, on the basis of changing of the existent type of the State Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education “Belgorod State University”, the Federal State Autonomous Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education “Belgorod State National Research University”(the National Research University “BelSU”)was founded (Decree of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation No.129 of February 1, 2011).
The Russian Federation is a founder of the National Research University “BelSU. Powers and authority of the founder of the University are exercised by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.
Do you want discuss Belgorod State University ? Any question, comments or reviews
Share this useful info with your friends
Join to discuss of Belgorod State University.
PLEASE NOTE: EducationBro Magazine gives you ability to read info about universities at 96 languages, but we ask you to respect other members and leave comments in English.