- Kuban State University
Kuban State University
Kuban State University is one of the largest scientific and educational centers in the South of Russia. Founded in September 1920, it has a 95-year history based on the best traditions of classical education and recognized achievements.
In 2015, the University consists of 17 faculties, the Institute of Primary and Secondary Vocational Education, postgraduate training programs (60 specialities) and a higher doctorate (19 specialities), 10 research institutes, the Institute of Testing Technology and General Further Education, the Professional Retraining and Advanced Training Institute.
Kuban State University, among 55 other leading universities of Russia, won the competition of strategic development programs and has been implementing the program for three years already. KubSU’s victory in the competition of student associations’ activity programs has allowed the University to rise to the new level of development of the student government and educational work with students.
KubSU pays special attention to improvement of the education quality. Students and graduates of the University have won many international, national and regional contests and competitions. Quality training of graduates is ensured by means of implementation of the “double diploma” project: students of the Faculty of Economics are able to obtain certificates of education equally recognized in Russia, Germany and the Czech Republic.
Effective integration of scientific and educational processes is characteristic of KubSU. The research carried out by KubSU scientists is of great interest both in our country and abroad, as evidenced by agreements on cooperation in the scientific field with international organizations and institutions and numerous awards given to KubSU for scientific developments by authoritative expert commissions of international and national exhibitions and competitions.
International cooperation of KubSU in the field of education is constantly expanding. Students, professors and staff actively participate in the programs of academic mobility – they go to different foreign educational and scientific institutions for training, retraining and getting practical experience.
The University is developing as a community-oriented organization, creating all necessary conditions for a person’s self-realization in all spheres of activity – science, education, arts, sports, etc.
Modern scientific and educational environment, that ensures training of competitive experts demanded in the society, has been formed and is being consistently optimized in KubSU.
The following figures reflect the research and educational potential of Kuban State University:
- more than 27 000 students enrolled in 31 out of 55 aggregated groups of specialists programs;
- about 6,000 graduates each year;
- annual revenue – more than 2.4 billion roubles;
- revenues from research and innovation – more than 260 million roubles;
- more than 340 students receiving scholarships (granted by the President, the Government of the Russian Federation, the Administration of Krasnodar Territory and by many charity funds and organizations);
- more than 50 agreements on cooperation in the field of education, science and culture with scientific and educational organizations of 26 countries;
- Kuban State University is the only university in Krasnodar Territory recognized as one of 40 best universities in Russia, according to the results of the National rankings, compiled by the Interfax international information group together with “Ekho Moskvy” (Russian radio station), which lists 208 institutions of higher education; according to the rating, KubSU has become the second (after the Southern Federal University) best university of the South of Russia;
- Kuban State University is the only Kuban University that entered the top 50 best Russian universities in economic and administrative aspects, according to the rating compiled by “Expert RA” agency;
- Kuban State University is listed among the top 50 best universities according to the ranking compiled by the Vladimir Potanin Foundation due to the results of the participation of graduate students and professors in educational programs of the Foundation.
Schools / Colleges / Departments / Courses / Faculties
- Faculty of Architecture and Design
- Faculty of Art and Graphics
- Faculty of Biology
- Faculty of Chemistry and High Technologies
- Faculty of Computer Technology and Applied Mathematics
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Geography
- Faculty of Geology
- Faculty of History, Sociology and International Relations
- Faculty of Journalism
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Management and Psychology
- Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Sciences
- Faculty of Modern Languages
- Faculty of Physics and Technology
- Faculty of Pedagogics, Psychology and Communicational science
- Faculty of Russian Philology
he history of Kuban State University, our alma mater, began on September 5, 1920.
Immediately after the establishment of the University, the first rector, Nikander Alexandrovich Marks, a former General of the Tsar’s Army, was elected by the board of professors. He was an outstanding historian and archaeologist, who specialised in systematizing the manuscripts written before the time of Peter the Great. In 1920 the University had 35 professors, 108 teachers, and 16 research assistants.
In the autumn of 1921, severe economic constraints due to the country’s financial crisis caused the closure of a number of Universities in the young Soviet Republic, including Kuban State University, which later became the Institute of Teacher Training. With the exception of the Medical Faculty, which became a separate University, the Institute of Teacher Training inherited the mission of Kuban State University, upholding the traditions and principles of Russian education. In 1970, the Institute became a University again.
An important landmark along the way was the election of Vladimir Andreevich Babeshko as Rector of the University in 1982. Under his direction the staff of the University have succeeded in putting into practice the best traditions of Russian science, improving the learning process on the basis of scientific progress.
Kuban State University is among the leading higher educational institutions in Russia. In 2002 Kuban State University was awarded a Russian-Swiss business club gold medal for “Impeccable Business Reputation” and contest diploma of the Laureate of the “Gold Medal: European Quality” in 2004 and 2005.
In 2009 the independent agency “Reitor” included the University into the top list of the best Universities of the world, in which it was the tenth among the higher educational institutions of the Russian Federation and took the first place among the higher educational institutions of the Southern Federal District.
Do you want discuss Kuban State University ? Any question, comments or reviews
Share this useful info with your friends
Join to discuss of Kuban State University.
PLEASE NOTE: EducationBro Magazine gives you ability to read info about universities at 96 languages, but we ask you to respect other members and leave comments in English.