- Moscow State Law University
Moscow State Law University
The Kutafin Moscow State Law University’s history goes back to December 1931 when the Government made a decision to widen higher legal education in order to provide the state with sufficient number of qualified lawyers.
Kutafin Moscow State Law University (MSAL) (before until 2012 – Moscow State Law Academy – MSAL) is a recognized leader of a quality teaching and research in various areas of law in the Russian Federation. Today the Kutafin Moscow State Law University (MSAL) is one of the largest law schools in Russia.
Since its foundation, the Kutafin Moscow State Law University (MSAL) has trained many generations of highly qualified experts in a variety of law disciplines who are well-equipped and ever-prepared to tackle most challenging problems of modern legal science. Kutafin Moscow State Law University (MSAL) has awarded its degrees to over 170000 graduates. The number of its students in Moscow and in its five branches in other cities is about 15 000 including over 500 postgraduate students pursuing Candidate (Ph.D.) and Doctor of Law Degrees.
The Kutafin Moscow State Law University’s profile includes Civil Law, Constitutional (State) Law, Criminal Law, Private International Law, Public International Law, Forensic Expertise, etc. The Kutafin Moscow State Law University (MSAL) has ten Departments teaching law (among them there is Department of Energy Law, one of the first in Russia), 31 chairs with over 1000 teaching staff, including about 190 professors many of whom are well known in the international legal community. At the present time there are 18 Master’s degree programmes (International Law, Law of EU, International Trade Law, Banking Law, Sport Law, etc.). To meet target requirements MSAL offers individual and group internship and academic training for foreign law students and lawyers in various law courses.
All members of the academic staff, apart from teaching, are active researchers and annually publish dozens of monographs, textbooks, manuals, etc. which are widely used by other law schools in Russia and abroad. They also participate in national and international debates and policy-making in legal and related fields. To meet target requirements MSAL offers individual and group internship and academic training for foreign law students and lawyers in various law courses such as the course of the General Russian language together with the course of the Russian Legal language.
At present the Kutafin Moscow State Law University (MSAL) includes: Department of Jurisprudence, International Law Department, Department of Prosecutors, Department of Forensic Expertise, Department of Continuing Target Education (for those with non-legal higher education), Department for Professional Development and Re-Training, Department of Postgraduate Studies, Department of Banking and Financial Law, Department of Advocacy, Energy Law Department, Department of Postgraduate Studies.
Our Law University has many branches in the regions, such as Kirov Institute (Branch), Vologda Branch (Branch), Orenburg Institute (Branch).
Schools / Colleges / Departments / Courses / Faculties
FINANCE LAW DEPARTMENT
Finance Law Department of the Kutafin Moscow State Law University implements different programs of learning the budget law, tax law, currency law, banking law and other branches of finance law. The department was organized in 1994 as the first finance law department in the country and since then it demonstrates a leading position in Russian finance law.
The department presents the strong scientific school studying the problems of finance law. A lot of scientific and practical events (including international events) are organized by it on a regular basis.
The department is very active in the scientific and educational process. The department involved in a number of educational programs:
- ·Finance law
- ·Tax law
MasterProgram »Tax Lawyer»
MasterProgram »Finance Control Lawyer»
Master Program »Russian and International Legal System» (in English)
- ·Tax Law
Postgraduate school Programs
- ·Basics of Russian Tax Law (in English)
- ·Basics of Russian Tax Law (initial level)
- ·Basics of Russian Tax Law (advanced level)
- ·Russian International Tax Law (initial level)
- ·Russian International Tax Law (advanced level)
- ·Transfer Pricing law (initial level)
- ·Transfer Pricing law (advanced level)
- ·Protection of Taxpayers
DEPARTMENT OF BANKING LAW
• Banking Law as a scientific discipline and an academic discipline in the last decade has taken one of the most prominent places in the system of training of lawyers. The undoubted merit the name OE Moscow State Law University Kutafin (MSAL) (hereinafter – the University) is that 11 October 2010 was created Department of Banking Law (the order of the rector of October 5, 2010, № 440) which by its very existence proves the need for a new approach to the teaching of banking law at the relation of theory and practice . This inevitably has contributed to the development of the country’s banking law in general.
• On August 30, 2011, banking law department is headed by Lyudmila G. Efimov, which is one of the founders of modern Russian banking law.
• The Department of Banking Law of the Department is a young, but at the same time during the period of its existence, has achieved significant results in teaching and research activities.
• Currently, the Department of Banking Law is 9 professors, many of whom are well-known scientists in the field of banking law and practitioners who have made a major contribution to the development of the Russian banking system.
• One of the main tasks assigned to the Department of Banking Law, was to provide judicial training to work in the banking system of the Russian Federation, through in-depth study of the law on credit institutions, the Bank of Russia, the Deposit Insurance Agency and the organizations of the banking infrastructure, as well as issues law enforcement.
• Currently, the department of banking law prepares lawyers mainly for law enforcement activities, not only for credit institutions. Disciplines of the department of banking law are in demand as students who plan to carry out their professional activities at the Bank of Russia Deposit Insurance Agency of factoring and leasing companies, organizations being professional participants of the securities market credit bureau clearing organizations of the subjects of the national payment system as well as in judicial and other law enforcement agencies .
• In the course of studying of disciplines of the department of the banking law, much attention is paid not only to the study of the current legislation and banking law theory, but also the analysis of judicial arbitration and banking practices.
• Research activities of the department of banking law includes the writing of scientific papers on the banking law; training of young scientists in the field of law; participation in scientific conferences, round tables, seminars, advisory board; participation in the drafting of legislation to change the Russian banking legislation, and based on its enforcement.
• Department of Banking Law conducted numerous scientific studies of International Banking Law, the Russian and foreign banking legislation. The research results are published as a monograph or scientific articles are published in leading Russian journals. The research work of the department involved not just the teachers, but also graduate students, applicants, students.
• The latest edition of the most important Department of Banking Law is a book: Foreign Banking Law (Banking Law of the European Union, France, Switzerland, Germany, USA, China, UK). Monograph / Ed. Ed. Efimova LG M.: Prospekt, 2016
• The worthy result of the scientific activity of the Department of recent years has been the protection of master’s theses. A number of post-graduate students have completed doctoral research and presented them to the defense.
• The members of the Banking Law Department annually take part in the organization of conferences and round tables on intercollegiate Banking Law, including, Moscow Legal Forum (The Kutafin Readings) (November 2013); VI International Scientific and Practical Conference The Kutafin Readings “Harmonisation of the Russian legal system in the context of international integration” (April 2014); International scientific-practical conference The Kutafin Readings the section of “Judicial practice in disputes involving credit institutions” (November 2014), II of Moscow Legal Forum, the section “The modern banking system and ways of its development” (April 2015); Scientific-practical conference (circle) “Banking products and inflation” (2015) and others.
• In preparation for and organization of conferences and round tables Chair of Banking Law is actively cooperating with other leading universities in the country, such as the Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (Department of Banking Law and Financial-legal Disciplines of Law Faculty. MM Speransky); Moscow State University. M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University (Faculty of Law), Russian Academy of Justice (Department of Financial Law).
• Teachers of the department of banking law are well-known scientists in the field of banking law and practitioners who have made a major contribution to the development of the Russian banking system.
DEPARTMENT OF LABOUR LAW AND SOCIAL SECURITY LAW
Department of Labour Law and Social Security Law at Kutafin Moscow State Law University (MSAL) (former Moscow State Law Academy) is one of the leading academic institutions and the biggest chair of labour and social security law in Russia. In 2015 the Department became the first Russian member of the international Labour Law Research Network
The university’s history starts in 1931 when Central correspondence courses on Soviet law were established. It developed initially as All-USSR correspondence institute of law assuring studies for a degree of law. A major part of Russian jurisprudence élite graduated from the University.
In December 2011, Kutafin Moscow State Law University celebrated its 80th anniversary. Today it is one of the largest law schools in Russia.
Do you want discuss Moscow State Law University ? Any question, comments or reviews
Moscow State Law University on Map
Share this useful info with your friends
Join to discuss of Moscow State Law University.
PLEASE NOTE: EducationBro Magazine gives you ability to read info about universities at 96 languages, but we ask you to respect other members and leave comments in English.