- Saratov State Technical University
Saratov State Technical University
Yuri Gagarin State Technical University of Saratov (SSTU), founded in 1930, is the largest technical university in Russia. Today SSTU has more than 25 000 students and offers first degrees in 56 fields. The university offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate Bachelor’s degree courses and postgraduate Master’s degree programmes. The Saratov International Language School at the SSTU offers year-round intensive Russian courses. In doing so, SSTU has developed close relations with universities in Germany, Belgium, Ireland, Denmark, the UK, Sweden, the Netherlands, Spain, France, Norway, Portugal, Switzerland, the USA, Taiwan and India.
Location: Volga Federal District
Degree options: Approximately 56 major options are available
Degrees offered: Bachelor’s & Master’s degrees and post-graduate programs
Choosing the right university can be a difficult task. Besides finding the right course, you will want to consider a university’s reputation, its location, facilities, study costs and other factors.
Our university is famous for its well organized structure and qualified staff and is ready to offer you a very high level of education and world-class programs as well.
SSTU is a unique place to build your future. It’s also a place where you find all the diversity, excitement and opportunity life has to offer.
Engineering degrees aim to provide good positions in engineering and technology, while inculcating an engineering method and approach that enable graduates to enter the world of work and tackle “real world” problems creatively. The best engineering degrees achieve the right balance between scientific and technical understanding and their practical application to problem-solving. Graduates with these skills are highly attractive to industry, having the relevant, marketable skills that the government is seeking to promote.
SSTU offers a wide range of main engineering disciplines, and is constantly evolving in line with the growing demands of engineering education. The field of engineering, covers everything from aerospace engineering to sustainable energy research, software design and robotics.
At SSTU, you can explore your interests, gain new perspectives and get the edge you need to build a dynamic future.
No matter what your reason maybe for visiting, we are happy to meet you and I hope you will make the most of your time here. We invite you to learn more about us and to become a part of our vibrant and growing community.
Engineering degrees meet all the requirements for the future!
Professor Igor Pleve,
Foreign students, who come to study at our University, from the first days of staying participate in various cultural extracurricular activities, contests and competitions.
Entertainment and Group Activities
- Ski Lodge is designed for students skiing. Sports equipment is free of charge.
- Skating Rink is located at university stadium and during the winter it works every day. Sports equipment is free of charge. Broadcast.
- Aerobics Center “Start” has aerobic rooms, which are provided with new modern and variety sports equipment. Professional instructors will help you to draw up an individual training program.
- Sports Section are very different. There is Basketball (m/f), Football, Table Tennis, Gymnastics, Volleyball (m/f), Badminton (m/f), Handball, Weight Sport, Wushu, Chess, Skiing, Athletics, Power Triathlon, Darts, Fit-mixed (Artistic Gymnastics and Dance), Cheerleading (Sports and Dance acrobatics), Athletic Gymnastics and Shooting.
- Going to the Theater. Each month during the school year students have free access to Saratov State Academic Drama Theatre named after I.A.Slonov, which was founded in 1803. The repertoire of the theater during its long history are based on the works of Russian and international classics.
Schools / Colleges / Departments / Courses / Faculties
- School of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering
- School of Physics and Technology
- School of Automotive Engineering
- International School of Applied Information Technology
- School of Civil Engineering and Architecture
- School of Social Sciences and Humanities
- School of Economics and Management
- School of Power Engineering
- School of Ecology and Hospitality Services
- Institute of Business Development and Strategic planning
- Engels Technological Institute (branch of SSTU)
Opened in 1930 in a Saratov Road Institute (SRI). To jobs in the two faculties – the automotive and road construction – began 440 students. In 1969 SADI renamed Saratov Polytechnic Institute (SPI). In 1992 it was renamed from the BOI in the CSTs.
From 1949 to 1951 at the Department of architecture taught outstanding architect GK Mel’nikov.
Do you want discuss Saratov State Technical University ? Any question, comments or reviews
Share this useful info with your friends
Join to discuss of Saratov State Technical University.
PLEASE NOTE: EducationBro Magazine gives you ability to read info about universities at 96 languages, but we ask you to respect other members and leave comments in English.