- Siberian State Medical University
Siberian State Medical University
Siberian State Medical University trains the next generation of doctors by performing high quality medical research and by offering excellent education.
Established in 1878, Siberian State Medical University is one of the most well-known and highly reputable medical schools in Russia owing to its top caliber academic and scientific body, and experienced physicians whose names are world-renowned. Among the graduates are two presidents of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, 25 associate members of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, 42 academicians.
Siberian State Medical University’s core mission is to advance patient care and public health in the Russian Federation through teaching, research and clinical excellence.
The University aims at improving the quality of life and health of the population through innovation in education, research and patient care offering top-quality training, educational and research opportunities to the students.
- more than 5000 students
- students from 47 regions of Russia
- students from 13 foreign countries
- 80% students from all over Russia
- 12% foreign students
- over 80% of the academic faculty are scientific scholars
- 15% employer-sponsored education, inc. 30% for Tomsk health care system
- 72 000 university students of 120 nationalities in Tomsk
- Siberian State Medical University is ranked in the top 3 medical schools and in top 30 higher educational institutions top 30 higher educational institutions in the Russian Federation (2015).
- Annually SSMU provides education to over 5 000 students from all parts of Russia and CIS region as well as many foreign countries (Germany, Haiti, Latvia, Lithuania, Cyprus, Nigeria, Malaysia, India, Mongolia). The University can boast of over 80% academic faculty with academic degrees (375 MDs, DMedSci). Over 60 000 doctors and pharmacists have graduated from the University over the years; over 40 000 specialists have beencertified.
- SSMU provides students with exellent education and a valid medical degree.
Siberian State Medical University provides an exceptional educational environment for students interested in careers in healthcare as doctors or scientists exploring clinical investigation and research.
Siberian State Medical University is one of the few medical universities in Russia with its own university hospital, research centers and laboratories, anatomical museums with unique collections, the largest Scientific Medical Library in Siberia and many other facilities.
- SSMU graduates are highly qualified professionals.
The knowledge gained during the studies is put into practice in one of two European accredited training simulation centers in Russia. Among the SSMU graduates are the leading doctors of Russian and foreign clinics: more than 700 doctors, 42 academicians, Minister of Health of the Russian Federation, Deputy Minister of Education of the Russian Federation.
University graduates are in high demand throughout the country. Our graduates work in all regions of Russia, CIS, Germany, Norway, Israel, the USA, Canada, France, Belgium, South Korea, Sweden, the Czech Republic.
- Studying at SSMU is interesting and enjoyable.
Siberian State Medical University offers plenty of opportunities for those who want to enrich their student life with different activities. Students can participate in year-round recreation, including football, tennis, basketball, swimming in summer, or skiing and skating in winter.
A number of interest-based clubs and student organizations are available at the University: a student scientific society, volunteer clubs, English speaking club, and many others.
Schools / Colleges / Departments / Courses / Faculties
- Medical Doctors (therapy, surgery, obstetric and gynecology)
- Medicine–Biology (biochemistry, biophysics, medical cybernetics)
- Higher Education for Nurses
- Advanced Training and Professional Development (Postgraduate Education)
- Management and Economics in Health Care
- Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy
- Social Work
- 1878 –Alexander II established Tomsk Imperial University as the Faculty of Medicine
- 1888 June, 22 –The official opening date
- 1930 –The Faculty of Medicine of Tomsk State University was converted/reorganized to Tomsk Medical Institute
- 1992 –Tomsk Medical Institute received university status and changed its name to Siberian State Medical University
Siberian State Medical University is one of the leading medical universities in Russia. Its history dates back to 1878, when the Emperor Alexander II founded the first university in the Asian part of Russia. Imperial Tomsk University opened in 1888 with only one faculty – the Faculty of Medicine.
Founded more than 135 years ago, the university was originally formed as a research and educational center. Over the years, the University has become one of the best educational, scientific and medical complexes in Russia for training and certification of healthcare professionals in the field of surgery, internal medicine, pediatrics, pathology, histology, pharmacology, microbiology and many others.
SSMU today includes 7 faculties, Medical and Pharmaceutical College, Central Research Laboratory, 8 research centers, interdisciplinary teaching and research laboratories and its own clinics, three anatomic Museums with unique collections and the region’s largest scientific medical library.
For many years Siberian State Medical University has been among the top five leading medical universities in Russia according to the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation. The university enrolls more than 5000 people annually. From year to year there is a steady increase in the number of students coming to study in the Siberian State Medical University from other regions of Russia, CIS and from abroad
Do you want discuss Siberian State Medical University ? Any question, comments or reviews
Share this useful info with your friends
Join to discuss of Siberian State Medical University.
PLEASE NOTE: EducationBro Magazine gives you ability to read info about universities at 96 languages, but we ask you to respect other members and leave comments in English.