- Ufa State Aviation Technical University
Ufa State Aviation Technical University
Ufa State Aviation Technical University (USATU) was founded in 1932.
Nowadays USATU is a large scientific and educational, innovative and productive complex with well-known science schools that train qualified specialists at all levels. The academic year at USATU starts in September and ends in June (01.09-30.06). Bachelor’s degree takes 4 academic years to complete; Specialist’s degree takes 5 academic years; Master’s degree takes 2 academic years; Doctor’s degree takes 4 academic years. All faculties provide fulltime study. The applicants are enrolled according to the results of entrance examinations. Teaching and laboratory facilities of the university include 11 academic buildings with multimedia lecture halls, computer classrooms and laboratories with modern technical equipment; 7 scientific innovation centers, created jointly with RAS institutes and large companies; 35 international, inter-institutional, collaborative and problem oriented laboratories and branches of departments. USATU library is one of the largest university libraries in Russia.
Furthermore, there is a unique museum of aircraft engines in the University.
The social infrastructure includes 9 buildings of dormitories (3573 accommodations), medical center for students, sanatorium, sports camps, catering facilities, sports facilities, conference rooms.
All foreign students live in a separate dormitory with the capacity of accommodation for more than 200 people. There is a gym, a reading room, self-service kitchens, showers, a laundry in the dormitory.
Sports and leisure activities are organized by sports and student clubs. Hobby and theater groups are based on the USATU Students’ House; here different contests, concerts, shows and amateur performances are organized.
USATU in numbers:
- 6 departments and 2 institutes;
- 56 specialties;
- more than 20 000 students including foreign citizens;
- academic staff: more than 1200 which includes more than 200 Doctors of Sciences, more than 700 Masters of Sciences;
- 6 dissertation committees in 13 specialties
- 11 education buildings, 10 student hostels.
- ¨ USATU is a regional educational leader in social significance, education quality and demand for our graduates, its flag has the highest award in Russia—the Order of Lenin;
- ¨ USATU is one of seven leading technical universities in Russia; it has been listed as one of top 100 BRICS universities;
- ¨ USATU has student sports clubs, sports and health camp at the Pavlov water storage, the Black sea package tours;
- ¨ USATU has such unique projects as “Industrial tourism” and “Moscow holidays”;
- ¨ International summer aerospace school in the name of test astronaut Ural Sultanov;
- ¨ Friendship and cooperation with astronauts, test pilots, radio contact sessions with the orbit Global Space Station.
Schools / Colleges / Departments / Courses / Faculties
- Aircraft engines, energetic and transport;
- Avionics, power and infocommunications;
- Computer science and robotics;
- Aircraft technological systems;
- Protection in emergency situations;
- General sciences;
- Institute of economics and management.
USATU can be historically traced back to the 19th century. The forefather of the University was Warsaw Polytechnic Institute founded in 1897 and closed up during the First Russian Revolution. Exactly at that time the funds and the academic staff of Warsaw Polytechnic were transferred to the capital city of the Cossacks – Novocherkassk. Therefore USATU rightly regards the Polytechnic Institute of Novocherkassk as its “grandfather”. The official history of the University dates back to 1932 when Rybinsk Aviation Institute was established on the basis of Novocherkassk Aviation Institute subsidiary started in Rybinsk in the late 1920s. At the beginning of the Second World War Rybinsk Aviation Institute was removed to Ufa and in 1942 it was given a new name – Ufa Aviation Institute named after Sergo Ordzhonokidze. In 1982 the Order of Lenin was awarded to the University for qualified specialists training and research development and in 1996 UAI became a technical university. The thesis “Science is the foundation of high quality education” was declared at the University more than 50 years ago. The integration of science, production and education is one of the conditions for developing the University. Today USATU is ranking as one of the top Technical Universities mainly due to the fact that science has always played an important role. USATU counts on innovations. Specialists are trained in the field of aviation and space and rocket technology; automation and control; machine building and metalworking; instrument – making; electronics and mechanical engineering; applied mathematics; computer science; economics and management; life safety. The University has established the Centre of education, research and innovation (CERI) that solves the problem of setting up close relations between all participants of innovation activities. Besides it helps to stimulate their participation in social, economic, technological, educational and cultural development of the Republic of Bashkortostan. CERI realizes a complete innovation life cycle – from the fundamental research to the final consumer product. Close creative contacts of USATU with academic and sectoral scientific structures promote effective work of joint research, greater involvement of the academic staff of the Russian Academy of Sciences in organizing and optimizing the educational process. The University intensively develops international contacts and takes part in a number of international educational and scientific programs. Joint educational and supported by Russian and international grants and promote the development of creative collaboration of participating universities.
Do you want discuss Ufa State Aviation Technical University ? Any question, comments or reviews
Share this useful info with your friends
Join to discuss of Ufa State Aviation Technical University.
PLEASE NOTE: EducationBro Magazine gives you ability to read info about universities at 96 languages, but we ask you to respect other members and leave comments in English.