- University of Sharjah
University of Sharjah
The University of Sharjah was established with the aim and vision to contribute to the qualities shared by renowned universities around the world. The education and research programs they offer tend to be comprehensive and multi-disciplinary…
The University of Sharjah is a comprehensive academic institution with a distinctive learning style and a global vision. It is a pioneer in academia, scientific research and the arts in the UAE and the GCC region. All programs are accredited by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
The University of Sharjah is recognized as beings among the most reputable and comprehensive universitiesin the Middle East. It is known for its excellence in teaching and learning, research, and sustainable academic programs that provide quality services to the community and contribute to the well-being of society.
The University of Sharjah fosters a culture of critical inquiry in a diverse learning environment which leads to the discovery, creation, and dissemination of knowledge. The University is committed to providing its students with an education and life-long learning experience of the highest quality through the provision of a comprehensive platform of excellent academic and professional programs, promoting creativity, innovation in research and scholarship, and enhancing the personal, social, academic, and career development of all students. The university serves the socio-cultural and economic needs of the community and the society in the UAE and beyond.
The University of Sharjah endeavors to achieve its mission through the following set of core values which define its character and culture
- Ethical and civic responsibility in accordance with progressive Arab and Islamic ideals
- Highest standards of integrity, transparency and accountability
- Mutual respect, fairness and collegiality among all
- Freedom of intellectual thought and expressions
The University shall strive to achieve the following goals:
- Advance scientific research and scholarship at UOS to an international level
- Develop the necessary state-of-the-art infrastructure needed for research
- Expand graduate studies programs to establish more relevant specialties and higher degrees of international quality
- Promote excellence in teaching, with state of the art infrastructure, through enhancing learning for all academic programs, including extra-curricular activities
- Recruit and retain talented and diverse students, scholars and staff and create the proper environment to nuturo innovation, creativity, and the pursuit of knowledge
- Promote the personal, social, academic and career growth of all students in a proactive manner to prepare them to be leaders in their chosen professions
- Forge strategic partnerships with the local community, including the public service industry in order to be responsive to the socio-economic needs of the community through dedicated applied research
- Contribute to the socio-cultural, scientific and economic progress of society through social responsiveness and effective engagement
- Leverage relationships with alumni to advance the University’s mission
- Develop effective and efficient academic and administrative processes that promote and support excellence in teaching, research and service to the community
Schools / Colleges / Departments / Courses / Faculties
- SHARIA AND ISLAMIC STUDIES
- ARTS, HUMANITIES & SOCIAL SCIENCES
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- HEALTH SCIENCES
- FINE ARTS & DESIGN
- DENTAL MEDICINE
- COMMUNITY COLLEGE
- COLLEGE OF GRADUATE STUDIES
The University of Sharjah was founded in 1997 by HH Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Mohamed Al-Qasimi, member of the supreme council of the United Arab Emirates and the ruler of Sharjah. The university was established as a result of Sheikh Sultan’s vision of a distinctive institution in the emirate of Sharjah, based upon Islamic architecture and history and in order to meet the demand of the surrounding society, in particular of the UAE and the gulf region.
The Kalba campus, which had 100 million AED for construction expenditure, was inaugurated on February 28, 2011 in the city of Kalba by the president. Of the 100 million AED, 90 million went towards academic, scientific and administrative buildings and 10 million was spent on the outside campus and the surrounding area.
As part of the Medical & Heatlh Sciences campus, the University Teaching Hospital and the University Teaching Dentistry Hospital were also inaugurated on June 11, 2011 by the president.
The Stock Market for Training virtual monitor was commenced on October 1, 2012. The monitor was set up by the Emirates Securities and Commodities Authority. The virtual monitor was made in a similar fashion to the Dubai Financial Market and the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange virtual monitor’s. The training stock market simulator was commenced on September 25, 2013 as part of a MoU between the university and ESCA.
On 24 March 2012 the three-floored library on the woman’s campus was opened. The library has been constructed on an area of more than 10,000 square meters and has the capacity to hold up to a million books. The inauguration of the library increased the total number of the university’s libraries up to nine libraries.
Do you want discuss University of Sharjah ? Any question, comments or reviews
Share this useful info with your friends
Join to discuss of University of Sharjah.
PLEASE NOTE: EducationBro Magazine gives you ability to read info about universities at 96 languages, but we ask you to respect other members and leave comments in English.