- Precarpathian National University
Precarpathian National University
Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University is one of the oldest institutions of higher education in Western Ukraine. Its history dates back to March 15, 1940, when Stanislav Teacher Training Institute was established. Later, in 1950, it was renamed into Stanislav (since 1962 – Ivano-Frankivsk) Pedagogical Institute. In January, 1971 the institution was renamed after a famous Ukrainian writer Vasyl Stefanyk by the decree of the Council of Ministers of the USSR.
After the dissolution of the USSR, The Precarpathian University was founded on the base of Ivano-Frankivsk State Pedagogical Institute on August 26, 1992. On September 14, 2004 the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine awarded the University the national status, by its decree № 204.
Currently the University is a modern and powerful educational and scientific complex, which unites eight educational institutes, 6 faculties, 3 educational and consulting centers, 1 college, 11 research centers, Postgraduate Educational and Pre-university Training Center, Information Technology Center, the Center of Distance Learning and Knowledge Control, Teaching Management, Scientific and Research Department, Dendrological Park (Arboretum) and Botanical Garden.
Admission process in Precarpathian National University
Since 2016 admission process in Ukrainian universities for foreign students aviable via Ukrainian Admission Center.
For apply to Precarpathian National University foreign students have to apply online via Ukrainian Admission Center.
After checking all details in Admission Center, they will send invitation letter to students.
With invitation letter students can go to the nearest embassy of Ukraine and get student visa.
No exams, TOEFL, IELTS required if you make application via Ukrainian Admission Center.
Schools / Colleges / Departments / Courses / Faculties
Institute of History, Political Science, and International Relations
- Political Science
- Political Institutions and Processes
- Ethnology and Archeology
- International Relation
- World History
- History of Ukraine
- History of Slavs
- Historiography and Source Studies
- Foreign Languages and Translation
Institute of Natural Sciences
- Anatomy and Human and Animal Physiology
- Inorganic and physical chemistry
- Biology and Ecology
- Organic and Analytic Chemistry
- Forest Studies
- Biochemistry and Biotechnology
- Agrochemistry and Soil Studies
- Geography and Natural Studies
Institute of Tourism
- Tourism Management and Socio-Cultural Activities
- Tourism and Regional Studies
- Foreign Languages and Country Study
- Hotel and Restaurant Business
Institute of Arts
- Musicology and Music Education Methods
- Theory and History of Performing Art
- Academic and Pop Singing
- Chorus Conducting named after Vasyl Yizhak
- Folk Instruments and Musical Folklore
- Theatrical and Chorographical Art
- Decorative and Applied Art
- Fine Arts and M. Figol Restoration
- Design and Art Theory
Institute of Law
- Theory and History of Law and State
- Criminal Law
- Civil Law
- Legal Proceedings
- Labor, Ecological and Agrarian Law
- Constitutional, International and Administrative Law
- Pedagogy and Psychology
- Social, Economic and Natural Disciplines
Institute of Philology
- Ukrainian Language
- Ukrainian Literature
- World Literature and Comparative Literature Studies
- Slavonic Language
- General and German Language Studies
Institute of Pedagogy
- Philology and Methodology of Elementary Education
- Theory and Methodology of Pre-school and Remedial Education
- Mathematical and Natural Disciplines of Elementary Education
- Theory and Methodology of Elementary Education
- Social Pedagogy and Social Work
- Art Disciplines of Elementary Education
Faculty of Philosophy
- Pedagogic and Age Psychology
- General and Clinical Psychology
- Philosophy and Psychology
- Religion Studies, Theology and Cultural Studies
- Social Psychology
Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Differential Equations and Applied Mathematics
- Mathematical and Functional Analysis
- Information Science
- Statistics and Higher Mathematics
- Algebra and Geometry
- Informational Technologies
Faculty of Foreign Languages
- English Philology
- German Philology
- Foreign Languages
- French Philology
Faculty of Physics and Technology
- Computer Engineering and Electronics
- Theoretical and Experimental Physics
- Materials Science and Latest Technologies
- Physics and Chemistry of Solids
Faculty of Economics
- Accounting and Audit
- Management and Marketing
- Economic Cybernetics
- Theoretical and Applied Economics
Faculty of Physical Education and Sports
- Theory and Methods of Physical Training and Sports
- Sport and Pedagogic Disciplines
- Physical Rehabilitation
The history of formation and development of the Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University started in January 1940 when, at the request of local authorities, preparation for the opening of Teachers Institute in Stanislav started. On March 1 the training began. With the proclamation of the independence of Ukraine more favorable conditions for the integration of education and research were created. August 26, 1992 Ivano-Frankivsk Pedagogical Institute was reorganized in Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian University. At that time the institution has long been in one of the first places in the country thanks to its scientific potential. One of the most significant events of 2004 was the granting the university “National” status.
For a short period of time of its existence university has grown into the leading center of science, culture and education of Prycarpathia. New specialities, faculties and chairs were opened, the staff was filled up with highly skilled scholars.
The University consists of 14 educational institutes and faculties, 36 scientific establishments (research, scientific and educational institutions, centers, laboratories, among them joint research laboratory on tape physics of the Ministry of Education and Science, Youth and Sports of Ukraine and National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine with the status “national acquisition”, botanical gardens, dendrological park, scientific library), 3 colleges, where young specialists, bachelors, masters are trained, 3 educational and consulting centers.
At the university more than 16 thousand students are studying, 86 Doctors of Sciences, Professors, more than half of a thousand of Candidates of Sciences, PhD, Associate Professors are working.
In terms of extension of globalization and integration processes the Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University has acquired great experience in cooperation with cultural centers in Europe, Asia and the USA in such fields, as: joint research activity, improvement of the scientific process, usage of progressive technology, conduction of conferences, symposiums, scientific and pedagogical personnel training. The university has signed more than 70 agreements on cooperation with foreign higher educational establishments.
Do you want discuss Precarpathian National University ? Any question, comments or reviews
Share this useful info with your friends
Join to discuss of Precarpathian National University.
PLEASE NOTE: EducationBro Magazine gives you ability to read info about universities at 96 languages, but we ask you to respect other members and leave comments in English.