- UMary uKumkanikazi University of London
UMary uKumkanikazi University of London
UMary uKumkanikazi University of London yenye kumaziko e-UK, abalimi uphando-ingqalelo imfundo ephakamileyo. nayo macala 21,187 abafundi, 4,000 abasebenzi kunye ubuyekezo £ 300m, omnye University of London iikholeji inkulu thina.
Siyazama nophando lonke uluhlu olubanzi izifundo lezingluntu, inzululwazi zentlalo, umthetho, amayeza kunye bamazinyo, nezenzululwazi kunye nobunjineli. Esekelwe kwindawo enobuchule ineyantlukwano ngokwenkcubeko empumalanga London, thina eyunivesithi London kuphela bakwazi ukunikela ikhampasi zokuhlala ezihlangeneyo ngokupheleleyo kulala 2,000-ekhayeni lethu Mile End.
Queen uMariya wenze ukuzibophelela qhinga umgangatho uphezulu wophando. Siye ityalwe ngokucwangcisiweyo kokugaya izifundiswa olona kwiinkalo zabo ehlabathini lonke kulo mgaqo. Iziphumo zovavanyo lwakutsha lesizwe yophando - yoPhando Excellence sikhokelo (REF 2014) - Baqinisekisa indawo yethu kwiqela phezulu kakhulu kwiiyunivesithi ezenza uphando-wesiwa UK. Kukonke si zichongwe 9 kwi-UK phakathi kwiiyunivesithi multi-nkululeko kunye 5 kwi-UK ngenxa ipesenti bethu 3* yaye 4* iziphumo zophando.
Queen uMariya unika abafundi ebalaseleyo evuselelayo, amava okufunda inkxaso kunye ezikumgangatho ophezulu, Ngemfundiso iphefumlelwe luphando lwethu kwihlabathi-ezikhokelela. Siye imali ngaphezu £ 250m kumaziko amatsha kwiminyaka elishumi elinesihlanu edlulileyo ukunika abafundi bethu imeko yokufunda ezingaqhelekanga. Oku kuboniswa amaqondo gqolo eliphezulu lokwaneliseka umfundi. Kwi Survey yakutshanje National Student (NSS 2015), 88 ekhulwini undergraduates zethu wavakalisa 'okwaneliseka ngokwento’ ngexesha labo apha, kunye nezifundo ezilishumi phezulu ezintathu eLondon.
izikolo / iikholeji / iminyango / courses / amandla
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- School of Business and Management
- School of Economics and Finance
- School of English and Drama
- Department of IsiNgesi
- Department of Drama
- School of Languages, Linguistics and Film
- Comparative Literature
- ifilim Studies
- Iberian and Latin American Studies
- Center Language
- School of Geography
- School of History
- School of Law
- Centre for Commercial Law Studies
- Department of Law
- School of Politics and International Relations
Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry
- Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry
- Barts Cancer Institute
- The Blizard Institute
- Institute of Dentistry
- Institute of Health Sciences Education
- William Harvey Research Institute
- Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine
- The Centre of the Cell
Faculty of Science and Engineering
- School of Biological and Chemical Sciences
- School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science
- Ubunzululwazi bekhompyutha
- Engineering electronic
- School of Engineering and Materials Science
- Interdisciplinary Research Centre in Biomedical Materials
- School of Mathematical Sciences
- School of Physics and Astronomy
- Research Centre in Psychology
Queen Mary has its roots in four historic colleges: Queen Mary College, Westfield College, St Bartholomew’s Hospital Medical College and the London Hospital Medical College.
The Mile End campus is historically the home of Queen Mary College, which began life in 1887 as the People’s Palace, a philanthropic centre to provide east Londoners with educational, cultural and social activities. Queen Mary College was admitted to the University of London in 1915. Westfield College was founded in 1882 in Hampstead as a pioneering college for the higher education of women. in 1989 Queen Mary merged with Westfield College to form Queen Mary and Westfield College.
in 1995, Queen Mary and Westfield merged again, this time with two distinguished medical colleges, St Bartholomew’s Hospital Medical College, esekwe 1843, and the London Hospital Medical College, England’s first medical school, esakhiwa 1785. This merger created Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistryand brought clinical medical and dental teaching to Queen Mary for the first time.
in 2013, the legal name of Queen Mary and Westfield College, University of London was officially changed to Queen Mary University of London to reflect common usage. This year also saw Queen Mary decide to award its own degrees, with the 2014 graduates being the first to receive them.
The College’s Archives hold a wealth of fascinating institutional archives and rare prints, dating from the 17th Century to the present day. The collections provide an insight into some of the scholarly activities of QMUL staff and students in the past, documenting the rich history of QMUL.
Did you know?
- We have the second oldest surviving Jewish cemetery in England, a Spanish Portuguese Jewish cemetery dating from 1726, in the centre of our campus.
- The skeleton of Joseph Merrick, the Elephant Man, is housed in the School of Medicine and Dentistry’s Pathology Museum.
- The Medical College of the Royal London Hospital (now part of Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry) was England’s first medical school when it opened in 1785.
- ukusuka 1964 kude 1982 Queen Mary College maintained its own nuclear reactor, initially sited beneath Mile End Road.
- Elizabeth Blackwell, the first fully qualified female doctor in the UK, trained at Barts Hospital Medical College in 1850.
- Sir John Vane, who founded the William Harvey Research Institute, is credited with discovering how aspirin and similar drugs produced their effects.
- Sir Walter Besant’s 1882 novel All Sorts and Condition of Men – An Impossible Story, imagined a ‘Palace of Delights’ in east London with concert halls, reading rooms, picture galleries, art school and education for local people – this was the inspiration for The People’s Palace and the start of Queen Mary today.
Uyafuna discuss Queen Mary University of London ? nawuphi na umbuzo, izimvo okanye ncomo
Yabelana olu ulwazi kunye nabahlobo bakho
Join to discuss of Queen Mary University of London.
NCEDA QAPHELA: EducationBro Magazine ukunika ukukwazi ukufunda ulwazi malunga kwiiyunivesithi ngelo 96 iilwimi, kodwa siyakucela ukuba ukuhlonipha amanye amalungu kwaye iikhomenti IsiNgesi.