圭爾夫大學就像是在加拿大沒有其他大學. 研究密集型和以學習者為中心, 我們的校園橫跨城市中心和農村社區. 我們被稱為卓越的藝術和科學, 並為我們的發展卓越的思想家和從事公民的承諾.
的G U具有近 28,000 本科生和研究生在我們的校園圭爾夫, 多倫多和Ridgetown, 包含 1,200 國際學生超過 100 國家.
更多 150 年推出我們的建國大學後，, 與以上 50 自成立以來，圭爾夫大學的歲月, 我們現在有 122,000 校友生活 150 國家.
我們的學生, 教職員工積極追求查詢和跨學科的鍛煉創造力 — 物理和生命科學, 藝術和人文學科, 社會科學, 商業, 農業和獸醫學.
以其美麗, 安全的校園和溫馨, 支持文化, 的Gü融合了歷史與現代建築與尖端科技.
我們的教師學者和研究人員為學生提供開創性的研究機會, 實驗室, 藝術工作室, 在該領域的庫和.
Schools / Colleges / 部門 / 培訓班 / 院系
he University of Guelph consists of seven faculties (or colleges, as they’re known at Guelph):
- College of Biological Science
- College of Physical and Engineering Science
- College of Social & Applied Human Sciences
- Ontario Agricultural College
- Ontario Veterinary College
Other areas of academic specialization include the:
- School of English and Theatre Studies
- School of Environmental Design and Rural Development
- School of Fine Art and Music
- School of Languages and Literatures
- School of Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Open Learning and Educational Support
- University of Guelph-Humber
The University of Guelph traces its origins back to when the Ontario government bought 500 畝 (200 他有) of farmland from Frederick William Stone and opened the Ontario School of Agriculture on May 1, 1874, which was renamed the Ontario Agricultural College (OAC) 在 1880. Its first building was Moreton Lodge, located where Johnston Hall now stands, which included classrooms, 住宅, 圖書館, and a dining room.
The Macdonald Institute was established in 1903 to house women’s home economics programs, nature studies, and some domestic art and science. It was named after its financier, Sir William Macdonald, who worked to promote domestic sciences in rural Canada, and founded Macdonald College and McGill University College. The Ontario Veterinary College (OVC), originally founded in Toronto in 1862, was moved to Guelph in 1922. Famous economist John Kenneth Galbraith was an undergraduate at the college (graduating in 1931).
These three adjacent colleges would be amalgamated into the single body of the University of Guelph by the Ontario Legislature on May 8, 1964. The University of Guelph Actalso brought about the Board of Governors to oversee administrative operations and financial management, and the Senate to address academic concerns. The non-denominational graduate and undergraduate institution was, and remains known especially for the agricultural and veterinary programs that shaped it.
Wellington College was established shortly after the University of Guelph Act, and five years later, was split three ways into the College of Arts (COA), which exists in the present day, the College of Physical Science and the College of Social Science. The Macdonald Institute would also be renamed the College of Family and Consumer Studies during the split. After this split, the University of Guelph started reorganizing into its present-day form, starting from the establishment of the College of Biological Sciences (CBS) 在 1971. The College of Physical Science would be married to the OAC’s School of Engineering in 1989, creating the College of Physical and Engineering Sciences (CPES). The College of Social Science and the College of Family and Consumer Studies were joined to create the College of Social and Applied Human Sciences (CSAHS) 在 1998. 最後, the College of Management and Economics (CME) would be established from the segregation of offered business, management and economic degrees and courses in 2006.
你要嗎 discuss University of Guelph ? 任何問題, 意見或評論