- University of Southern Queensland
University of Southern Queensland
I University of Southern Queensland (USQ) iyinhlangano naphakathi, eyunivesithi zezifunda ezinze Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia, ne esewonke ezintathu enyuvesi Toowoomba, Springfield and Ipswich. It offers courses in law, impilo, engineering, komkhakha wezesayensi, ibhizinisi, imfundo, and the arts. USQ has been a leader in distance learning by leveraging technology since the 1970s, which has allowed it to serve rural Queensland and international communities through its on campus, off campus, and online programs. Ngo 1998 it was named World’s Best On and Off Campus University by the International Council for Open and Distance Education and was winner of the Australian University of the Year Award in 2000-2001.
Isebenza umisa ezintathu ucwaningo kanye izikhungo eziyisikhombisa yocwaningo sigxile ezahlukene zamabhizinisi, wezolimo, zesayensi, kwezemvelo, kanye nezindaba kwezobuchwepheshe.
Lesakhiwo yasungulwa ngo 1967 njengoba campus Darling Downs we Queensland Institute of Technology. Ngo 1971, it became the Darling Downs Institute of Advanced Education, khona-ke University College of Southern yaseQueensland 1990 futhi ekugcineni University of Southern yaseQueensland 1992.
USQ ngokuziqhenya isekela, namagugu, futhi ihlonipha ezihlukahlukene bemasikokanye, izilimi, and beliefs within the university. We work to provide information to all members of USQ, kanye nemiphakathi zezwe kanye nezamazwe omhlaba.
at USQ, siyaziqhenya ukwahlukana kwethu:
- abasebenzi bethu wamanje bazalelwa 66 amazwe ahlukene
- sine 33 Amalungu abasebenzi Indigenous
- 17% umfundi labantu bethu abafundi international
- our international students come from 94 amazwe ahlukene
- 101 different languages are spoken by our active (Australian kanye nasezingeni lamazwe omhlaba) abafundi.
USQ izama ukunikeza yokufunda indawo ephephile lapho bonke abafundi kanye nabasebenzi kungaba ngendlela evuleke ukwabelana imibono kanye ngenhlonipho ukuveza imibono yabo – regardless of their culture identity or religious affiliation. By acknowledging and respecting our diversity, siyakwazi ukuqinisa imizamo yethu ucwaningo ngokubambisana, futhi uncoma yokufundisa nokufunda nesipiliyoni USQ sika.
at USQ, silwela:
- baqinise ubuholi USQ in amaningi ngaphakathi Australian ephakeme eluhlelweni lwemfundvo kanye kwezilwandle
- nomthelela ngokuqondile ngokuthi ungubani eyingqayizivele USQ ngokuhlakulela izinhlelo ezintsha kwi amaningi
- uhilele University wendawo imiphakathi amaningi ngokusebenzisa kwezidingo ethize, izinhlelo umphakathi ngamakhasimende
- ukuthuthukisa ukubambisana phakathi kakhudlwana ohulumeni nezinhlangano ezingekho ngaphansi kukahulumeni wasekhaya, isimo kanye nasezingeni likazwelonke endaweni amaningi
- ukusekela ukwakhiwa isiko oqinile kwamasiko amaningi by student ukunxenxa, emisha yokufunda nokufundisa kanye amazwe
- neqhaza jikelele we University, futhi
- ukukhuthaza umqondo kwamasiko amaningi kanye nenzuzo yayo practice.
izikole / amakolishi / iminyango / izifundo / amandla
- Business & Commerce
- Creative Arts & Abezindaba
- Ubunginiyela & Built Environment
- Impilo & Community
- Humanities & Ukuxhumana
- Ukwaziswa kwesimanje
- Law and Justice
- Ulimi lwesingisi
- Pathways Programs
- Professional Development
In less than fifty years we have become a prominent multi-campus teaching and research institution providing education worldwide. Woven into the fabric of USQ is the vision and determination of many University and community members who, over the years, have been instrumental in implementing expansion and growth, shaping what we see today.
1967 Queensland Institute of Technology (Darling Downs)
On 2 December 1960 a public meeting of over 200 people from Toowoomba and surrounds led to the founding of the Darling Downs University Establishment Association under the Chairmanship of Dr Alex McGregor. Their purpose was to set up a higher education institution on the Darling Downs. The Association, with the support of the local community, lobbied government, raised funds and eventually succeeded with the formation of the Queensland Institute of Technology (Darling Downs) on 2 February 1967.
From one building in a bare green field, a Principal, eight full-time and five part-time academics, and five support staff taught our first 140 abafundi 29 courses in engineering, business studies and science at Diploma and Certificate levels. From these humble beginnings a fine institution has grown.
1971 Darling Downs Institute of Advanced Education (DDIAE)
Ngo-June 1971, the Institute became an autonomous multi-purpose college under the control of its own College Council.
The DDIAE approach was centred on student-focussed learning and teaching through employment-focussed curricula. Professional courses were offered in:
- ukwaziswa kwesimanje
- creative and liberal arts.
The DDIAE underwent enormous growth in the student body between 1970 futhi 1990 and consequently, the Toowoomba campus grew immensely.
Distance education delivery became our student’s preferred study mode during the mid-1970s. By 1980, external enrolments exceeded on-campus enrolments, and provided us with the opportunity to enter the international market. Ngesikhathi 1986-7 we accepted no less than three-quarters of Australia’s off-shore international student enrolments.
1990 University College of Southern Queensland (UCSQ)
In the late 1980s the DDIAE moved towards achieving full university status, initially as a University College for an interim period under the sponsorship of the University of Queensland.
During this time our first professors were appointed, major research programs were established, new teaching programs were introduced, and what would become a $100m capital works program over the next decade was commenced.
1992 University of Southern Queensland (USQ)
The institution gained full university status in 1992, becoming the University of Southern Queensland (USQ). The University has changed dramatically in many ways since then, kufaka:
- developing a significant research profile
- expanding our postgraduate coursework programs
- establishing significant branch campuses: Fraser Coast Campus in Hervey Bay on the central Queensland coast and the Springfield Campus in Brisbane’s western corridor
- expanding our ties with local communities, such as partnering to establish the Queensland College of Wine Tourism in Stanthorpe with the Department of Education and Training and Southern Queensland Institute of TAFE
- further expanding international programs including developing relationships with major off-shore centres and a strong on-shore presence through the Sydney Education Centre.
Uyafuna discuss University of Southern Queensland ? Noma yimuphi umbuzo, imibono noma ukubuyekezwa
Yabelana lokhu info okuwusizo nabangani bakho
Join to discuss of University of Southern Queensland.
NGICELA UQAPHELE: EducationBro Magazine ikunika ikhono ukufunda ulwazi mayelana amanyuvesi at 96 izilimi, kodwa sikucela ukuba ahloniphe amanye amalungu kanye ushiye imibono ngesiNgisi.