- University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Ang University ni pansariling pagkatao ay nagmumula sa aming kakayahan upang maging parehong aspirational at down-to-earth. Kami ay able sa timpla ground-breaking intelektuwal na tagumpay na may mga praktikal na aplikasyon.
Ang University ay nakakita ng maraming mga pagbabago mula nang maging isang malayang institusyon sa 1967. pagsasarili ito sinundan ng isang 70 taon na relasyon sa University of St Andrews, ngunit ang aming pangunahing layunin ay nananatiling.
Kami ay restated ang layunin na ito sa aming Transformation Vision. Ito ay kung ano ang ginagawa namin ngayon at ito ay kung ano ang lagi naming gawin. Iyon ay upang:
“ibahin ang anyo buhay lokal at pandaigdigan sa pamamagitan ng paglikha, sharing at application ng kaalaman.”
Ngayon pinag-iisipan natin ang layunin na ito sa maraming paraan:
- daig sa pagtuturo at pananaliksik;
- nag-aambag sa mga social, pang-ekonomiya at kultural na buhay ng Scotland at ang mas malawak na mundo;
- humuhubog sa hinaharap sa pamamagitan ng paglutas mahalagang mga problema sa totoong buhay.
Layunin namin na maging nangungunang University Scotland. Gusto naming maging ang pinakamahusay sa kung ano ang ginagawa namin sa kung ano ang pinili naming gawin, at makikilala internationally para sa kalidad ng aming mga nagtapos at ang epekto ng aming pananaliksik.
Kami ay hinihimok sa pamamagitan ng pagnanais upang malutas malaking hamon, at tayong magtuon sa tatlong mga lugar:
- Paggamit ng pandaigdigang mga mapagkukunan sa isang napapanatiling paraan
- Innovating sa pamamagitan ng disenyo
- Pagpapabuti ng kalusugan at kabutihan
Makikipagtulungan kami sa kabuuan subject hangganan; nagdadala kadalubhasaan at iba't ibang pananaw. Magkakapondo na po sa diskarte isyu sa bagong, mapaghamong at produktibong paraan. magbigay ng kasangkapan namin ang aming mga kawani at ang aming mga mag-aaral na may mga paraan upang lumikha ng real-world na epekto, makatulong na malutas global problema at ibahin ang anyo buhay.
- campus Shops: Lokasyon at listahan ng mga tindahan na magagamit sa campus seeCampus Mapa.
- Chaplaincy: ang kapilya, coffee bar at lounge ay magagamit para sa paggamit para sa mga function, mga kaganapan, eksibisyon, partido, conferences, seminar at lunchtime concerts.
- Pagpupulong & Meeting Facilities: Pasilidad na magagamit para sa upa kabilang ang isang conference center, training complexes, seminar rooms, tahanan, at mga sinehan.
- DNA Sequencing Services – tingnan Ang Sequencing Service, School of Life Sciences
- (magagamit para sa panloob na mga mag-aaral at mga kawani lamang).
- IT Suites and Facilities IT (magagamit para sa panloob na mag-aaral at mga kawani na gamit lamang).
- aklatan & Learning Centre: LLC ay may anim na punong-guro na mga site at 24/7 access sa akademikong e-yaman at ang virtual na kapaligiran sa pag-aaral. Mag-aaral, kawani at mga panlabas na mga miyembro ay malugod na gamitin ang mga serbisyo ng LLC ni.
- mga Pasilidad sports: Ang Institute para sa Sport at Exercise nag-aalok ng mga pasilidad para sa upa para sa sports at iba pang mga kaganapan hal. kumpanya sports araw; seminar; session quad training. Corporate kasapi pakete ay makukuha rin.
- Mga Pasilidad Komperensya Gamit ang Video.
Paaralan / Mga kolehiyo / departamento / Kurso / faculties
School of Art and Design
- Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art & disenyo
School of Dentistry
- Undergraduate Studies
- Postgraduate Studies
School of Education and Social Work
School of Humanities
- american Studies
- Centre for Archive and Information Studies
- European Studies
- Mga wika
School of Life Sciences
- Learning and Teaching
School of Medicine
- Clinical Skills Centre
- Cuschieri Skills Centre
- Medical Education Institute
- Centre for Legal & Forensic Medicine
- Division for PG Medical Education
- Division for UG Medical and Medical Sciences Education
- MEI – Support
School of Nursing and Health Sciences
- Undergraduate Studies
- Post Qualifying
School of Science at Engineering
- Centre for Anatomy and Human Identification
- Inhinyerong sibil
- electronic Engineering
- Enhinyerong pang makina
School of Social Sciences
- Accounting at Pananalapi
- Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy
- Centre for Water Law, Policy and Science (under the auspices of UNESCO)
- Economic Studies
- Environmental Science
- Management and Marketing
- Town and Regional Planning
The demand for a University in Dundee arose as part of a movement – common to many of the larger industrial centres of Britain at that time – for the extension of liberal education and the advancement of technical instruction.
Sa 1881, largely because of the foresight and generosity of Dr John Boyd Baxter and Miss Mary Ann Baxter of Balgavies – distantly related members of a wealthy and influential local family – University College, Dundee, was founded as an independent academic institution for
‘promoting the education of persons of both sexes and the study of Science, Literature and the Fine Arts’.
Notwithstanding its independence, the College had no power to award degrees and for some years students were prepared for the external examinations of the University of London. Amongst the earlier teachers were men of great eminence -including (to give them their later titles):
- Sir William Peterson, the College’s first Principal, who was afterwards Principal of McGill University, Montreal;
- Sir Alfred Ewing, later Principal of Edinburgh University;
- Sir D’Arcy Thompson, the biologist;
- Sir Patrick Geddes, the botanist and town planner;
- and Sir William McCormick who was to become the first secretary of the Carnegie Trust, and later the first chairman of the University Grants Committee.
Sa 1897 University College became part of the University of St Andrews. This union served to give expression to local feeling that there should be a vital connection between the old and the new in academic affairs, and that a venerable institution in a small town and a modern establishment in a large city might well complement each other in a manner advantageous to both.
Sa 1954, consequent upon constitutional changes within the University of St Andrews, University College, with the gracious consent of Her Majesty the Queen, was renamed Queen’s College. These changes, which included the incorporation of the Dundee School of Economics in the College, though they improved its status substantially, left it as an integral part of the University of St Andrews. The rapidly increasing pressure upon university places in the years that followed and the evident need to expand the teaching and research facilities in Dundee, reinforced a local sentiment of long standing in favour of the elevation of the College to independent university status.
The Committee on Higher Education under the chairmanship of Lord Robbins recommended in its report to Parliament in October 1963 na
‘at least one, and perhaps two, of the new university foundations should be in Scotland’.
The Government approved the initiation of the processes necessary to create a university in Dundee, at sa 1964 the University Court of the University of St Andrews appointed an Academic Advisory Committee, under the chairmanship of Mr R. B. McCallum, the Master of Pembroke College, Oxford, to advise on the constitution of the proposed University and on the academic developments to be undertaken in it. Sa 1966, on the basis of recommendations made by the Advisory Committee, the University Court and the Council of Queen’s College submitted a joint petition to the Privy Council seeking the grant of a Royal Charter to establish the University of Dundee. This petition was approved and, in terms of the Charter, Queen’s College became the University of Dundee on the first of August 1967.
Sa 1974 the University created a Faculty of Environmental Studies which validated degrees of the Schools of Architecture and Town and Regional Planning of Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art. sa pamamagitan ng 1988 all degree courses offered at the College were validated by the University. This collaboration between the two institutions led to a formal merger of the College and the University with effect from 1 Agosto 1994 with the College becoming a Faculty of the University.
Sa 1995 the University was successful in securing, on a competitive basis, the contract from the Scottish Office Health Department for pre-registration nursing and midwifery education in Fife and Tayside. This led to Tayside College of Nursing and Fife College of Health Studies becoming part of the University from 1 Setyembre 1996 as a single School of Nursing and Midwifery within the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry which was subsequently renamed, Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Nursing.
Sa Disyembre 2001 the University merged with the Dundee campus of Northern College (of Education) to create the Faculty of Education and Social Work.
Gusto mo discuss University of Dundee ? May tanong, Tingnan ang mga komento o mga review
Ibahagi ito kapaki-pakinabang na impormasyon sa iyong mga kaibigan
Join to discuss of University of Dundee.
PAKITANDAAN: EducationBro Magazine ay nagbibigay sa iyo ng kakayahan upang basahin ang impormasyon tungkol sa mga unibersidad sa 96 wika, ngunit hinihiling namin sa iyo upang igalang ang ibang mga miyembro at iwan ng mga komento sa Ingles.