- University of Montpellier
University of Montpellier
The University of Montpellier is a research-intensive university where education and research cover most of the Scientific and Technological fields. The mulitidisciplinarity if the University of Montpellier is a great opportunity for students to be prepared for tomorrow’s jobs. The university counts:
- 9 faculties: Medicine, Pharmacy, Dentistry, Science, Sports, Economy, Economic and Social Administration, Law and Political Science, Education
- 3 Institutes of Technology
- 3 institutes: Public Administration, Business and Administration, Business and Management
- 2 specialised schools: Polytech Montpellier Engineering School and OREME (observatory)
On January 1st 2015, the Administration Council elected Philippe Augé as the new President of the UM.
The University of Montpellier is committed to bring up its HR practices in Research to the standards set by the European Commission in its Charter and Code. UM has been awarded the European “HR Excellence in Research” badge in March 2015.
The UM hosts the Observatory for Research on Mediterranean Environment (OREME) that gathers seven laboratories of excellence focusing on the nature and evolution of the earth and universe, and tracking the effect of natural hazards, global changes and anthropic side effects on Mediterranean media.
Through the dynamism and the influence of its laboratories, coupled with a professionalizing policy, make the university contribute to the socioeconomic development of the region through the employability of its students.
The university takes part in 6 competitiveness clusters that draw together a network of companies, research units and educational structures, offering collaborative and competitive solutions for joint projects.
Montpellier is not only one of the top research locations in France; it also enjoys a high quality of life on the Mediterranean arch: about 300 sunny days per year, and a dynamic cultural and social life raises the city to the third place on the ranking of “the best student cities in France”.
Young, dynamic and multicultural, Montpellier counts 10 town-twinning agreements (from Rio de Janeiro to Chengdu, including Louisville and Heidelberg), numerous exchange programmes and many international events (International Mediterranean Film Festival, Montpellier Danse, Radio France Music Festival, Fise World Montpellier).
Schools / Colleges / Departments / Courses / Faculties
- Faculty of Economic and Social Administration (AES)
- Faculty of Law and Political Science
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Education
- Medical School
- Faculty of Odontology
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Sciences
- Faculty of Sciences and Techniques of Physical and Sports Activities (STAPS)
- Institut d’Administration des Entreprises (IAE)
- Institute of Preparation for General Administration (IPAG)
- Institute of Business Sciences and Management (ISEM)
- Polytech Montpellier
Do you want discuss University of Montpellier ? Any question, comments or reviews
Share this useful info with your friends
Join to discuss of University of Montpellier.
PLEASE NOTE: EducationBro Magazine gives you ability to read info about universities at 96 languages, but we ask you to respect other members and leave comments in English.