- Bogomolets National Medical University
Bogomolets National Medical University
Bogomolets National Medical University is a high medical school founded in 1841 in Kyiv, Ukraine. The school is named after physiologist Alexander A. Bogomolets. NMU provides medical training for over 10,000 students, including about 1,300 foreigners from 56 countries. The university employs about 1200 teachers.
- Chief higher medical educational establishment among higher medical schools in Ukraine on academic and methodical work and improvement of qualification for scientific and teaching staff at higher medical schools of Ukraine of I-IV accreditation levels;
- Basic higher medical school on implementation of Bologna declaration’s principles into the reforming system of medical education in Ukraine;
- 12 faculties, 7 institutes and centers, 78 departments, 30 divisions and laboratories;
- 1,200 scientists and teachers, among which: 137 professors, 188 doctors of sciences, 341 assistant professors and 719 candidates of sciences;
- over 200 academicians and corresponding members of NAS, AMS, APS of Ukraine, laureates of State Prize of Ukraine, honorary workers of science and technology, workers of education and doctors, as well as inventors of Ukraine;
- 10 specialized scientific councils on defense of DPhil and Ph.D theses due to 21 scientific specialty;
- Every year the university receives over 200 patents on inventions, holds approximately 60 scientific forums, publishes over 50 scientific monographs, 30 scientific magazines and collections of scientific works;
- Over 13,000 students, doctors-interns, masters, residents, post-graduates and persons, working for doctor’s degree, among which about 1,200 foreign citizens;
- 39% of students study due to state order, 61% – on contractual basis, among which representatives from all regions in Ukraine.
- the graduates from the University work in each fourth country in the world;
- English speaking department, which is called Kyiv medical Harvard, Ukrainian medical lyceum, system of pre-University training with the working experience for over forty years;
- 43 agreements with the international and foreign organizations and institutions, co-founder of Interuniversity center of science and cooperation in countries in South and South-Eastern Europe, East European chain of universities, participant in 27 educational and 49 scientific international projects;
- Partner in EU program “Erasmus Mundus” to provide with mobility of students and teachers, together with Caroline institute (Sweden) it implements the academic and scientific program on training of young scientists;
- University actively cooperates with WHO and ERB WHO;
- Scientific library with the stock of over 700 ths. volumes, 26 internet classes, approximately 1 200 computers in academic process;
- Stomatological medical center – one of the most powerful in Europe, designed for 300 chairs. Every year over 290 ths. visitors attend the center;
- 137 clinical bases, where approximately 200,000 patients are treated every year, over 12 ths. childbirths are taken and up to 60 ths. operative interferences are made;
- 8 academic buildings, lecture halls for 2.8 ths. of places, Ukrainian training center of family medicine, 26 computer rooms;
- 7 hostels. 12 students’ canteens and cafeterias, sport complex, sanatorium-preventorium per 75 places and recreation center in Konch-Zaspa per 407 places;
- The construction of the new twenty six storey academic laboratorial building and elite hostels was started in 2006;
- 22 amateur talent groups, among which 5 have the status of People’s ones; 9 sport clubs;
- famous sportsmen, champions of Europe and World, winners of all-Ukrainian and International Olympiads and contests study at the University;
- the students’ self-government and students’ scientific society, named after O.A. Kysil effectively works at all levels;
- according to the state rating from Ministry of education and science of Ukraine, the University takes the first place among higher medical schools of III-IV accreditation levels and the fourth place among higher schools of Ukraine;
- Honorary title “Laureate of contest in nominations “Integration of education of Ukraine into European community” and “Innovations in implementation of information communication technologies into educational practice”.
- The university is awarded with the Golden medals at International exhibitions of educational institutions “Modern education in Ukraine” in different nominations for many years in a row.
- New modern lecture hall No 3, named after V.F. Voyno-Yasenetsky, was opened, for which the university was awarded with the diploma of national prize “Prointegration awards 2010” in nomination “Best solution for educational sector”;
- For the first time the university took part in city special program on training of medical staff for health care establishments in c. Kyiv for 2011-2017;
- The memorial plaques were erected in honor of the first dean of medical faculty of St. Volodymyr University, Professor V.O. Karavayev, famous graduates V.F. Voyno-Yasenetskyy (St. Luka) and play-writer and writer M.A. Bulgakov;
- Graduates from the university received the diploma of international form “Diploma Supplement”
- The establishment is the partner in consortium of European universities: in September, 2011, it joined to Magna Charta Universitatum.
Admission process in Bogomolets National Medical University
There're only few steps for admission in Ukraine:
- Choose your course to study
- Choose university to study
- Apply to ukrainian university
- Get invitation letter from university
- Get visa in ukrainian embassy
- Come and study in Ukraine
Schools / Colleges / Departments / Courses / Faculties
- Medical faculty No 1
- Medical faculty No 2
- Medical faculty No 3
- Medical faculty No 4
- Stomatological faculty
- Pharmaceutical faculty
- Medical psychological faculty
His Emperor Highness Mykola I signed the Highest Rescript about opening the medical faculty at St. Volodymyr University (29.04 in the old style).
Council of St. Volodymyr University approved the decision about opening the 1st medical faculty in September 1841. First admission – 29 students. On 23 (9), September, professor M.I. Kozlov read the first lecture on anatomy, and on 26 (12), September, professor V.O. Karavayev – first lecture on encyclopedia and methodology of medicine.
started the activity of medical faculty due to the new charter as of 1842, according to which the teaching of extra subjects was organizationally executed, the department of state medicine studies was establishedа
Professor V.O. Karavayev became the first dean at medical faculty at St. Volodymyr University
Opening of anatomical theater at medical faculty
The student’s scientific society “Clinical society of students-doctors” was organized. The organizer of the society was A. Kysil, who later became a famous pediatrist and public leader.
the surgical and therapeutic clinics were constructed
the obstetric clinic was constructed;
Kyiv Institute of Health Care, which united the medical faculty of St. Volodymyr University, Women’s Medical Institute, medical faculty of Ukrainian state university, was established. The odontologic university, later transformed into the faculty with the same name, was included into it in October 1920.
Kyiv Institute of Health Care was renamed into Kyiv State Medical Academy, which later became Kyiv medical institute
the newspaper “Red doctors, which in 1936 was renamed into “Medical cadres”, was established.
when the Great Patriotic War started the institute was evacuated to c. Kharkiv and later to Chelyabinsk.
KMI renewed the classes in Kyiv
Kyiv Medical Institute was given with the name of the President of Academy of Sciences of UkrSSR O.O. Bogomolets.
The historical museum of medicine was organized on the basis of the institute (since 1982 – National museum of medicine of Ukraine).
The institute was reorganized into Ukrainian O.O. Bogomolets state medical university.
By the Decree from the President of Ukraine the university received the status of O.O. Bogomolets National medical university.
Professor V.F. Moskalenko was elected to the post of the rector by the conference of representatives of labor collective on democratic principles for the first time in the activity of educational establishment, at that time he was the corresponding member of AMS of Ukraine, doctor of medicine, honorary doctor of Ukraine, Minister of health care of Ukraine (2000-2002); now – academician of NAMS and corresponding member of NAPS of Ukraine, vice-president of NAMS of Ukraine, honorary worker of science and technology of Ukraine, member of WHO’s Committees, head at department of social medicine and health care, chief extraordinary specialist at MHC of Ukraine on organization and management of health care
The symbolism of the University – Emblem, Anthem and Flag – were established and approved for the first time in the history of the establishment
Reorganization of stomatological polyclinic of MHC of Ukraine at NMU into Stomatological medical center of University
The University was appointed as the base establishment on coordination for implementation of Bologna declaration’s provisions in the higher medical education of MHC of Ukraine
Perspective plan for development of the University for 2004-2010 was developed and approved by the Scientific Council – the program document about strategic development of the establishment, prepared for the first time in its history
Establishment of English speaking teaching of foreign students at the University
Establishment of Eastern European network of universities, which includes 35 higher schools from 7 countries, under the aegis of the University in order to intensify the international cooperation, directed to realization of Bologna declaration’s principles.
O.O. Bogomolets National medical university celebrated 165th anniversary since its foundations,
125th birthday of academician O.O. Bogomolets,
125th anniversary since establishment of the O.O. Kysil students’ scientific society,
115th birthday of the graduate from the establishment M.O. Bulgakov.
The construction of the new modern academic laboratorial complex of the University with the library was started.
according to the state rating of Ministry of health care of Ukraine – first place among higher schools of III-IV accreditation levels due to direction of health care;
Golden medal at International exhibition “Modern education in Ukraine” in nomination “Integration of science and education in higher school”;
The only in the state the faculty for training of doctors in the sphere of physical culture and sport at O.O. Bogomolets National university and National university of physical education and sport of Ukraine;
1st place in rating from Ministry of health care of Ukraine among higher schools of III-IV accreditation levels due to direction “Health care”;
3rd place in the state rating from Ministry of health care of Ukraine “TOP-200 Ukraine”
Golden Medal at International exhibition “Modern education in Ukraine” in nomination “Innovative studies in higher education”; Honorary title “Leader in modern education”;
Famous lecture by laureate of Nobel Prize, academician Yevgen Chazov, who was awarded with the title of Honorary doctor of medicine at University.
The University was awarded with two Golden medals at International exhibitions “Modern education in Ukraine” and “Education and career”; honorary title “Leader in establishment of modern learning aids”.
the University was awarded with 4 Golden medal at International specialized exhibitions “Education and career”, “Innovative studies in education” for “Development of students’ scientific research work”, “Work guidance among youth”, “Innovative studies in higher education”, “Innovative studies in comprehensive school”, “International cooperation in the sphere of education and science”;
The solemn meeting, devoted to graduation of doctors and pharmacists, took place at the National Palace of arts “Ukraine” with participation of Prime-Minister of Ukraine, Chairman of Supervisory Council of University Mykola Yanovych Azarov.
Professor V.F. Moskalenko, Vice-president of NAMS of Ukraine, academician of NAMS and corresponding member of NAPS of Ukraine, honorary worker of science and technology of Ukraine, honorary doctor of Ukraine, head at department of social medicine and health care, was elected to the post of the rector unanimously for the second time by the conference of representatives for labor collective of the University.
Modern lecture hall No 3, named after V.F. Voyno-Yasenetskyy, which became the winner at International contests among CIS countries “Prointegration awards 2010”, was opened. The contingent of persons that study at the University has increased to 10 ths. people. The special training program for doctors at the expense of Kyiv regional state administration was launched for the first time among higher medical schools of Ukraine.
President of Ukraine Victor Fedorovich Yanukovich and Metropolitan of Kyiv and all Ukraine, Primate of Ukrainian Orthodox Church VOLODYMYR congratulated the graduates from the University.
O.O. Bogomolets National medical university celebrated 170th anniversary since foundation, 200th birthday for Professor Volodymyr Opanasovych Karavayev, 130th birthday for academician Oleksander Oleksandrovych Bogomolets, 130th anniversary for establishment of O.A. Kysil students’ scientific society, 120th birthday for Mykhaylo Afanasiyovych Bulgakov, 20th anniversary since establishment of Ukrainian medical lyceum at O.O. Bogomolets NMU;
City special training program of doctors for health care establishments in c. Kyiv for 2011-2017 was implemented for the first time among higher schools of Ukraine;
Golden medal at international exhibition of educational establishments “Modern education in Ukraine” in nomination “Spiritual development of youth and physical improvements”;
1st place in rating from Ministry of education and science, youth and sport of Ukraine among higher schools of III-IV accreditation levels in nomination “Health care”;
4th place in state rating among higher schools within UNESCO project “TOP-200 Ukraine”;
Perspective complex plan for development of University for 2011-2017 was developed and approved by Scientific Council
The memorial plaques in honor of the first dean of medical faculty at St. Volodymyr University, Professor V.O. Karavayev, famous graduates V.F. Voyno-Yasenetskyy (St. Luka) and play-writer and writer M.A. Bulgakov were erected at the administrative and morphological buildings of the University;
The graduates from the University received the diploma of international form “Diploma Supplement” for the first time;
The University was acknowledged as the Leader of modern education-2011, awarded with the Grand Prix and golden medal at the international exhibition “Modern educational institutions”;
The University joined to the association of the Great Charter for leading universities in the world (Magna Charta Universitatum), c. Bologna, Italy.
Do you want discuss Bogomolets National Medical University ? Any question, comments or reviews
Share this useful info with your friends
Join to discuss of Bogomolets National Medical University.
PLEASE NOTE: EducationBro Magazine gives you ability to read info about universities at 96 languages, but we ask you to respect other members and leave comments in English.