- Kherson State University
Kherson State University
Kherson State University today is:
- а versatile educational, scientific, pedagogical, and cultural centre of Southern Ukraine;
- full-day, extra-mural, external studies attended by 8000 students from 23 regions of Ukraine and CIS countries;
- 18 academicians, members of Ukrainian and foreign academies of science, 68 professors, 234 senior lecturers;
- 650 post-graduate students, persons working for doctor’s degree, about 1000 lecturers and employees;
- Academical Lyceum and Centre of Pre-high Educational Support
- scientific-educational work with institutes of higher education of Kiev, Odessa, and the Crimea;
- 4 educational buildings and laboratories, campus, agricultural and biological research stations, library, recreation zones on the Dnipro bank and on the Black Sea shore, students cafe, students club, sports club, observatory, three gymnasiums and two conference-halls, facility of agricultural machinery.
Admission process in Kherson State University
There're only few steps for admission in Ukraine:
- Choose your course to study
- Choose university to study
- Apply to ukrainian university
- Get invitation letter from university
- Get visa in ukrainian embassy
- Come and study in Ukraine
Schools / Colleges / Departments / Courses / Faculties
- Faculty of Biology, Geography and Ecology
- Centre of Pre-University Training
- Faculty of Pre-School and Elementary Education
- Faculty of Econimics and Management
- Faculty of Foreign Philology
- Faculty of Culture and Arts
- Faculty of Translation
- Faculty of Natural Science
- Faculty of Psychology, History and Sociology
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology
- Faculty of Physics, Mathematics and Informational Technologies
- Faculty of Physical Education and Sport
- Faculty of Philology and Journalism
- Faculty of Law
KhSU was founded in November 1917 during the First World War on the basis of the evacuated Tartu Teachers Institute. In 1919 the school was reorganized in Kherson Pedagogical Institute with a 4-year period of study.
In the early 1920s, the institute was renamed to Kherson Institute of Education (Hino), and in November 1924 it was given the name of NK Krupskaya. During the Second World War from August 1941 to March 1944 the Institute ceased operations.
In March 1944, after the release of Kherson from Axis invaders, it resumed the educational process in 5 departments: physical, mathematical, scientific, linguistic and literary, geographical, and historical. In 1973 it opened a Faculty of General Sciences, in 1977 a Faculty of Education, and in 1986 a Faculty of Foreign Languages.
In the years of independence of Ukraine Institute continued to develop. In 1992, the postgraduate program at the Faculty of Philology created additional pedagogical skills and retraining of Ukrainian Philology and Foreign Languages.
In 1994 the university opened a school of physical education and sport, and Kherson Academic Lyceum at KSU. In 1998, Kherson State Pedagogical Institute was reorganized as Kherson State Pedagogical University, which in 2002 became the Kherson State University. In 2004 it established the Research Institute of Information Technology. In April 2005 it opened the Business Development Centre.
Do you want discuss Kherson State University ? Any question, comments or reviews
Kherson State University on Map
Share this useful info with your friends
Join to discuss of Kherson State University.
PLEASE NOTE: EducationBro Magazine gives you ability to read info about universities at 96 languages, but we ask you to respect other members and leave comments in English.