- National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine
National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine
National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine Details
- Country : Ukraine
- City : Kyiv
- Acronym : NULES
- Founded : 1898
- Students (approx.) : 26000
- Don't forget to discuss National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine
The mission of National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine is to:
create, systematize, store and spread current scientific knowledge in order to improve the quality of people’s life; train specialists due to European and world intellectual and personal development.
According to the status of higher education institutions, the National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukrainehas IV accreditation level, andis a research institution, which conducts educational; scientific and research; scientific and innovative; educational and industrial; and information and consulting activities aimed at studying the contemporary science issues about life and environment; at usage, reproduction and balanced development of terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems bio-resources, introduction of new environmental agro- and biotechnologies, technologies of safety revival and soil fertility, energy-saving agricultural technologies, environmental and legal management in rural areas, monitoring and control of standards compliance, quality and safety of agricultural products, processed products and environment.
The National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine is one of the leading institutions of education, science and culture in Ukraine. More than 26 thousand students and more than 600 graduates, PhD students and seekers studyat 3 educational and research institutes and 13departments of basic university institution (in Kyiv) and 10 separate units of NULES of Ukraine – regional universities of І-ІІІ accreditation levels.
Educational process and scientific research at the University are provided by more than 2,600scientific and educational and pedagogical workers, including about 300 professors and doctors of sciences, more than 1,000 assistant professors and PhDs.
National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine consists of the following structural subdivisions:
- training and research institutions;
- scientific and research institutes, including:
• Ukrainian Institute of Agricultural Radiology;
• Ukrainian Laboratory of Quality and Safety of Agricultural Products;
• Scientific-Research and Design Institute of Standards and Environmentally-Safe and Organic Products Technology (in Odessa);
- training, educational and scientific, scientific and research, problem scientific and research, problem scientific, educational, scientific and industrial laboratories;
- higher educational institutions of I-III accreditation levels:
• BerezhanyAgrotechnical Institute (Ternopil region)
• NizhynAgrotechnical Institute (Chernihiv region)
• Irpin Economic College (Kyiv region)
• Nemishaevo Agricultural College (Kyiv region)
• Boyarka College of Ecology and Natural Resources (Kyiv region)
• E. KhraplyvyiZalishchyky Agricultural College» (Ternopil region)
• O. MaynovaBobrovytsya College of Economics and Management(Chernihiv region)
• Mukachevo Agricultural College (Trans-Carpathian region)
• BerezhanyAgrotechnical College (Ternopil region)
• Nizhyn Agricultural College (Chernihiv region) training, information and consultation centers:
• Lubenskyi TICC (Poltava region)
• Malynskyi TICC (Zhytomyr region)
• Tarashchanskyi TICC (Kyiv region)
• Mukachivskyi TICC (Zakarpatska region)
• Bobrovytskyi TICC (Chernihiv region)
- educational and research farms and research stations:
• Agronomic Research Station (Kyiv region)
• Boyarka Forestry Research Station (Kyiv region)
• O. MuzychenkoVelykosnytinske Education and Research Farm (Kyiv region)
• Education and Research Farm “Vorzel” (Kyiv region)
- other structural subdivisions, including:
• Ukrainian educational scientific and innovation center of the newest agricultural facilities and technologies;
• Botanical Garden;
• Educational and scientific production hunting farm;
• Sports and Health Camp “Akademichnyi” (Odessa region)
The structure of the University also includes subdivisions located in Crimea:
- South branch of NULES of Ukraine «Crimean Agrotechnological University»;
- Prybrezhnenskyi Agricultural College;
- Crimean Agro-Industrial College;
- Bakhchysarai Construction Technical College;
- Crimean Technical School of Hydro-melioration and Mechanization of Agriculture;
- Educational and Research Station of the mountain gardening, viticulture, park and forestry gardening.
The main tasks by the Charter of the University are:
1) educational and cultural activities:
- training of personnel with incomplete higher education, basic higher education, complete higher education, as well as of working professions for agricultural and environmental sector;
- provision of further system improvement of the higher agricultural and environmental education in Ukraine according to requirements of the Bologna process and international standards of sustainable development of agro-sphere, bio-resources and rural areas;
- professional development and retraining of specialists for agriculture, forestry, fisheries farming, veterinary medicine and environmental sector;
- training, retraining and certification of educational, training and certification of scientific and pedagogical staff of higher qualification for University and other educational and research institutions;
- formation of students high culture and national civic consciousness;
- creation of appropriate conditions for studying, work, health care, recreation and health improvement of students, postgraduates, PhDs and staff of the University;
- preparation, publishing, production and sale of educational, scientific, educational and methodical materials and other publishing products;
- vocational training, including training, retraining and professional development of vehicles, tractors, combines drivers, craftsmen of production process for agricultural and environmental sector;
2) scientific, research and publishing activities:
- organization and realization of scientific-research projects based on the experience of leading foreign research universities;
- organization and holding of conferences, symposia, congresses, including international ones;
- publication of scientific papers of pedagogical, scientific and teaching staff of the University, materials of conference, symposia, meetings, thematic works, research reports and other publications on the development of agricultural sector, economy, environment, social development of rural areas;
3) innovative activity:
- development and implementation in compliance with the principles of intellectual property protection of modern technologies and biotechnologies, quality systems and standards of environmental safety, preservation of biodiversity, energy, alternative energy in agriculture, forestry, park gardening and fisheries farming and in the field of storage, transportation and recycling of agricultural, food and biotechnological products;
- development, probation, standardization and implementation of advanced equipment, facilities and agricultural technologies, obtaining biologically valuable and environmentally friendly products, raw materials and food from the industrial sectors of agro-, forest-, water management and natural complexes;
- implementation of international standards and adherence to bioethics in the diagnostics, prevention, treatment and provision of animals and plants health;
- determination of quality, safety and compliance with international requirements on standardization, certification and licensing of agro-industrial, food and bio-resources and environmental complexes;
- monitoring, prediction and modeling of sustainable development of terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems using modern technologies of efficient environmental management and restoration of rural areas;
- meeting of information and consultation demands of agricultural producers and public during the implementation of modern mechanisms, management systems in the field of socio-economic, land, legal relations and state policy formation in the agricultural and environmental sectors;
4) activity of the University as a research institution:
- provision of educational, scientific and research, and scientific and innovative integration as a way to improve the level of staff training and accelerate the implementation of scientific and technological progress in agriculture and environment sectors through participation in the development of basic and applied programs and collaboration with entities;
- formation of university research and innovation centers (scientific and research institutes, educational and scientific, educational, scientific industrial and research and innovation centers, etc.), which are aimed at solving the fundamental problems of operational and applied scientific and industrial problems. The expansion of cooperation with the National Academy of Sciences, National Academy of Agricultural Sciences and other sectoral academies of sciences of Ukraine and also with foreign research institutions;
- development of pilot projects and formation of experimental enterprises on production of competitive products, development of new technologies, materials and vehicles, their implementation in the fields of agriculture, forestry and water farming and processing industry in accordance with national and international standards;
- integration of scientific and research activities of the University with world leading universities (implementation of joint research projects, holding of conferences, symposia, exhibitions, scientific student competitions, obtaining grants, publication of joint scientific and educational works (books, monographs, manuals, guidelines, etc.), the creation of educational, scientific and methodical electronic database, the use of modern information and communication systems in agricultural and environmental industry);
- development and implementation in the industrial sector advanced technologies for high-quality, safe and competitive agricultural, forestry, fishery and food products. Provision of the state and arbitrage independent examination of quality and safety of agricultural and food products and the environment in accordance with international and national standards;
- Masters training programs that provide their specialization according to the most relevant industrial, research, teaching, scientific and innovative trends based on the latest achievements in science and technology and international standards for environmental management, as well as on product quality and safety figures and the environment that will provide workplaces and activity improvement in relation to professional development;
5) international activity:
- provision of international activities in science and education in accordance with the laws of Ukraine, enhancement of University integration into the world education and research area;
- participation in international projects and programs, scientific and practical conferences, seminars and exhibitions;
- establishment of joint with foreign partners educational and scientific, scientific and research institutes, centers and other associations to execute the educational and research programs and presenting the relevant certificates of education.
National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine is a national, self-governing (autonomous) state higher education institution. Self-government (autonomy) of the University (under the Charter) provides:
1) the right of the University to take independent decisions and to take appropriate actions within its competence in academic, educational, scientific, research, production and economic activities;
2) personal finance standards and payment for labour do not extend to separate subdivisions, educational and research farms, research stations, as well as the institutions of I-III accreditation levels (technical college, colleges, institutes);
3) self-determination of organization forms and employees payment, the procedure for using funds from budget sources, including the share allocated for salaries and incentive compensation;
4) implementation of other activities on the basis of direct contractual relations, agreements and contracts;
5) the right to form and to discontinue the activities of structural subdivisions that are the part of it, including separated ones, and in the prescribed manner to take the property of other legal entities;
6) conducting joint activity and cooperate under agreements with other universities, enterprises, institutions and organizations in accordance with legislation.
Admission process in National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine
There're only few steps for admission in Ukraine:
- Choose your course to study
- Choose university to study
- Apply to ukrainian university
- Get invitation letter from university
- Get visa in ukrainian embassy
- Come and study in Ukraine
Schools / Colleges / Departments / Courses / Faculties
Education and Research Institutes
- Education and Research Institute of Forestry and Park Gardening
- Education and Research Institute of Continuing Education
- Education and Research Institute of Energetics, Automation and Energy Efficiency
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Faculty of Humanities and Pedagog
- Faculty of Livestock Raising and Water Bioresources
- Faculty of Plant Protection, Biotechnology and Ecology
- Faculty of Land Management
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Food Technology and Quality Control of Agricultural Products
- Faculty of Information Technologies
- Faculty of Agricultural Management
- Agrobiological Faculty
- Mechanical and Technological Faculty
- Faculty of Design and Engineering
The National Agricultural University is a leading institution of higher education in Ukraine. The history of it begins with the date of foundation of the Department of Agriculture within the Kyiv Polytechnic Institute (KPI) structure, which transformed into the Faculty of Agricultural faculty in 1918. Kyiv Agricultural Institute was created in KPI on the basis of this faculty, and in 1923 this Institute became the independent educational institution. From 1930 till 1934, Kyiv Institute of Agronomy, Kyiv Institute of Mechanization and Electrification of Agriculture, Kyiv Ag Engineering Institute of Sugar Industry and Ag Economics Institute had been formed and begun their activity there. These institutes were later reorganized into independent research institutes and faculties.
Kyiv Forestry Institute began its history in 1840 from the Faculty of Forestry of the Institute of Agriculture and Forestry in the city of Marimont (Poland) which moved to the city Novoaleksandria (now Pulavy) in 1862. After the beginning of the 1st World War (1914) the Novoaleksandrian Institute of Agriculture and Forestry was transferred to Kharkiv and in 1921 it became Kharkiv Institute of Agriculture and Forestry. In 1930 the Forestry faculty of Kharkiv Agrarian Institute was united with the Forest Engineering faculty of Kyiv Agrarian Institute. As the result Ukrainian Forest Technical Institute appeared and was reorganized into Kyiv Forestry Institute the same year.
In 1954 Kyiv Agricultural Institute was united with Ukrainian Forestry Institute into the single institution – Ukrainian Agricultural Academy (UAA).
During the period of 1956-1962 UAA was the educational department of Ukrainian Academy of Agricultural sciences.
In 1957 Kyiv Veterinarian Institute was added to its structure. Kyiv Veterinarian Institute begins its history with the Veterinarian faculty of KPI (1920) which was transformed into the independent institution of higher education – Kyiv Veterinarian and Stock-breeding Institute from which Kyiv Veterinarian Institute separated in 1930.
Since 1962 UAA had become subordinated to the Ministry of Agriculture of the USSR.
In 1982 the subsidiary of the Academy in Vinnytsya was founded and in 1991 it became the independent institution (now Vinnytsya State Agrarian University).
During the years 1985-1990 UAA had been helping in and coordinating the activities aimed for creating an agricultural institute in the city of Pnom-Penh (Cambodia).
On the basis of UAA National Agrarian University was founded in august 1992. According to the Decree of the Verhovna Rada (the Parliament) of Ukraine №158 made on July 29, 1994, it received the status of National. Since that time it has been being named National Agrarian University and in accordance with the decision of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine № 387 made on June 1, 1995, it is under the functional rule of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
Accordingly to the Decree of Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of April 23 1996 #448 and of May 29 1997 #526 Nizhyn (Chernigiv region) and Berezhany (Ternopil region) Agrotechnical Colleges, Irpin Economic Technical School, Boyarka, Nemishaevo (Kyiv region) and Zalischyky (Ternopil region) Agricultural Technical Schools were included into the structure of NAUU. Their rights of legal persons are saved. In 1999 due to accreditation results Irpin and Nemishaevo Technical Schools were granted with status “College” and in 2002 Nizhyn and Berezhany Colleges received status “Institute” .
Accordingly to the Decree of Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of 28.07.2004 № 517-р., joint Order of Ministry of Agricultural Policy of Ukraine and National Agricultural University of 18.08.2004 р. № 304/377 the Southern Branch “Crimean Agrotechnological University” of National Agricultural Universit y was created (vil. Agrarne, Simpferopol, AR Crimea) as the structural subdivision with the individual rights of legal person. It was established at the basis of Crimean State Agrotechnological University that is being liquidated together with its structural subdivisions (Order of Labour Red Flag Agroindustrial College, Bahchysaray Branch Order of Labour Red Flag Agroindustrial College, Prybrezhnensk Technical School, and Technical School of Hydromelioration and Mechanization of Agriculture).
According to the Decree of Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of 7.12.2005 №497 «About reorganization of Bobrovick National agro-economic Technical School» Bobrovick National Agro-economic Technical School added to the National Agrarian University.
The Edict of the President of Ukraine # 1338 signed on December 14, 2000 under the title “The point of National Agricultural University” and the resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine # 202 made on March 1 “About National Agricultural University” gave NAU the status of state self-governed (autonomous) institution of higher education and a number of other commissions.
According to the Decree of Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of 02.10.2003, № 584 in the structure of National Agrarian University was established Ukrainian laboratory of quality and safety of agriculture.
According to the Decree of Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of 14.02.2007, № 47 “About reorganization of Mukachevskiy State Agricultural College” Mukachevskiy State Agricultural College was incorporated to the National Agrarian University.
According to the Decree of Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of 27.08.2008, № 742 was formed Ukrainian educational-science institute of information and telecommunication support of agro-industrial and environmental branch of economics as a separate unit of the National Agrarian University.
For widening of educational, research and innovation activities of the National Agrarian University to meet the needs of the agro-industrial, environmental and other branches of economics, as well as the need to adapt these activities to the requirements of international organizations of research Universities according to the Decree of Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine on October 30, 2008 № 945 National Agrarian University renamed to the National University of Life and Environmental Science of Ukraine (NUBiP).
The same decree approved the composition of the supervisory board of the University and made amendments to its Charter. University according to the status of higher educational institutions has IV level of accreditation, is the research type institution, which conducts educational, scientific-research, scientific-innovation, educational-industrial and information-advisory activities aimed at developing of modern problems of life science and environment , use, reproduction and balanced development of biological resources in land and water ecosystems, the introduction of new environmental agro-biotechnology, technology of recovery of safety and soil fertility, energy-saving agro-technologies, environmental and legal management in rural areas, monitoring and control for observance of standards, quality and safety of agricultural production, products of its processing and environment.
Do you want discuss National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine ? Any question, comments or reviews
Share this useful info with your friends
Join to discuss of National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine.
PLEASE NOTE: EducationBro Magazine gives you ability to read info about universities at 96 languages, but we ask you to respect other members and leave comments in English.