- University of Dundee
University of Dundee
uphawu olwahlukileyo yeYunivesithi livela amandla ethu ukuba zombini iyithagethi yaye wehla-to-emhlabeni. Siyakwazi ukuzifanisa impumelelo libonwe ngaphambili yengqondo ngezicelo aluncedo.
IYunivesithi ubone utshintsho amaninzi ukususela oko yaba liziko ezizimeleyo 1967. Le ukuzimela lalandela 70 ubudlelwane nyaka neYunivesithi St Andrews, kodwa Injongo yethu esisiseko ihlala.
Siye waphinda le Injongo seNguqu wethu Umbono. Yinto into esinokuyenza namhlanje kwaye Nantso into abayaziyo. Oko kukuba:
“okuguqula ubomi ekuhlaleni kunye jikelele indalo, ukwabelana kunye nokusetyenziswa kolwazi.”
Namhlanje sichaphazela oku Injongo ngeendlela ezininzi:
- Ncamisa zokufundisa kunye nophando;
- igalelo kwezentlalo, yezoqoqosho neyenkcubeko of Scotland kunye nehlabathi ngokubanzi;
- ekubumbeni ikamva ngokuthi ekusombululeni iingxaki ezibalulekileyo lenene-ihlabathi.
Sijolise babe University eScotland, abalimi. Sifuna ukuba ngeyona oko sikwenza oko bakhetha ukwenza, kwaye avunywe ngamazwe ngenxa umgangatho abanezidanga zethu yaye impembelelo yophando lwethu.
Siye ziqhutywa lulangazelelo ukusombulula iingxaki ezinkulu, yaye iya kugxininisa iinzame zethu kwimiba emithathu:
- Ukusebenzisa izixhobo zehlabathi ngendlela ezinzileyo
- Velisa ngokusebenzisa kuyilo
- Ukuphucula impilo nentlalontle
Siza kusebenza kwimida zezifundo; ekuziseni ubuchule kunye ezahlukeneyo iimbono. Oku kuya kusenza sikwazi ukusondela imiba emitsha, iindlela mngeni kunye nemveliso. Thina Ukuxhobisa abasebenzi bethu nabafundi bethu ngeendlela ukwenza ifuthe lokwenene-ihlabathi, ukunceda nokusombulula iingxaki zehlabathi nokutshintsha ubomi.
- iivenkile Campus: Indawo kunye noluhlu iivenkile ekhoyo ekhampasini seeCampus Map.
- Chaplaincy: kwigumbi, bar ikofu lounge ziyafumaneka ukuze zisetyenziswe imisebenzi, iziganeko, imiboniso, amaqela, iinkomfa, iisemina konsathi sasemini.
- inkomfa & ukuhlangabezana Facilities: Izibonelelo ezikhoyo umvuzo kuquka neziko inkomfa, zoqeqesho izakhiwo, amagumbi kwisemina, kumakhaya, kunye zemiboniso.
- Iinkonzo Ukulandelelanisa DNA – funda INkonzo Ukulandelelanisa, School of Sciences Life
- (kufumaneka kubafundi zangaphakathi kunye nabasebenzi kuphela).
- IT Suites kwaye Amaziko IT (iyafumaneka ukuze umfundi nabasebenzi nokusetyenziswa ngaphakathi kuphela).
- Library & Learning Centre: Umfundi uyipasile uneziza ezintandathu inqununu 24/7 ukufikelela kwi-e-resources kwizifundo imeko yokufunda eyiyo. abafundi, abasebenzi kunye nabangaphandle waqmkelekile ukusebenzisa iinkonzo LLC ngayo.
- zemidlalo Izibonelelo: I-Institute for Imidlalo Nokuzilolonga nezibonelelo ngengqesho ukuze zemidlalo kunye nezinye iziganeko umzk. Ngosuku lwezemidlalo inkampani; iisemina; Iiseshoni zoqeqesho esinamavili. iiphakheji ubulungu Corporate ziyafumaneka kwakhona.
- Video ConferencingName Facilities.
Izikolo / iikholeji / iminyango / courses / amandla
School of Art and Design
- Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art & uyilo
School of Dentistry
- Studies zesidanga
- Postgraduate Studies
School of Education and Social Work
School of Humanities
- Studies American
- Centre for Archive and Information Studies
- Studies European
School of Sciences Life
- Learning and Teaching
School of Medicine
- Clinical Skills Centre
- Cuschieri Skills Centre
- Medical Education Institute
- Centre for Legal & Forensic Medicine
- Division for PG Medical Education
- Division for UG Medical and Medical Sciences Education
- MEI – Support
School of Nursing and Health Sciences
- Studies zesidanga
- Post Qualifying
School of Science and Engineering
- Centre for Anatomy and Human Identification
- Injineri yezendlela
- Engineering electronic
- Imekhenikhali yenjineri
School of Social Sciences
- Accounting and Finance
- Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy
- Centre for Water Law, Policy and Science (under the auspices of UNESCO)
- Economic Studies
- Science Environmental
- Management and Marketing
- Town and Regional Planning
The demand for a University in Dundee arose as part of a movement – common to many of the larger industrial centres of Britain at that time – for the extension of liberal education and the advancement of technical instruction.
in 1881, largely because of the foresight and generosity of Dr John Boyd Baxter and Miss Mary Ann Baxter of Balgavies – distantly related members of a wealthy and influential local family – University College, Dundee, was founded as an independent academic institution for
‘promoting the education of persons of both sexes and the study of Science, Literature and the Fine Arts’.
Notwithstanding its independence, the College had no power to award degrees and for some years students were prepared for the external examinations of the University of London. Amongst the earlier teachers were men of great eminence -including (to give them their later titles):
- Sir William Peterson, the College’s first Principal, who was afterwards Principal of McGill University, Montreal;
- Sir Alfred Ewing, later Principal of Edinburgh University;
- Sir D’Arcy Thompson, the biologist;
- Sir Patrick Geddes, the botanist and town planner;
- and Sir William McCormick who was to become the first secretary of the Carnegie Trust, and later the first chairman of the University Grants Committee.
in 1897 University College became part of the University of St Andrews. This union served to give expression to local feeling that there should be a vital connection between the old and the new in academic affairs, and that a venerable institution in a small town and a modern establishment in a large city might well complement each other in a manner advantageous to both.
in 1954, consequent upon constitutional changes within the University of St Andrews, University College, with the gracious consent of Her Majesty the Queen, was renamed Queen’s College. These changes, which included the incorporation of the Dundee School of Economics in the College, though they improved its status substantially, left it as an integral part of the University of St Andrews. The rapidly increasing pressure upon university places in the years that followed and the evident need to expand the teaching and research facilities in Dundee, reinforced a local sentiment of long standing in favour of the elevation of the College to independent university status.
The Committee on Higher Education under the chairmanship of Lord Robbins recommended in its report to Parliament in October 1963 that
‘at least one, and perhaps two, of the new university foundations should be in Scotland’.
The Government approved the initiation of the processes necessary to create a university in Dundee, yaye 1964 the University Court of the University of St Andrews appointed an Academic Advisory Committee, under the chairmanship of Mr R. B. McCallum, the Master of Pembroke College, Oxford, to advise on the constitution of the proposed University and on the academic developments to be undertaken in it. in 1966, on the basis of recommendations made by the Advisory Committee, the University Court and the Council of Queen’s College submitted a joint petition to the Privy Council seeking the grant of a Royal Charter to establish the University of Dundee. This petition was approved and, in terms of the Charter, Queen’s College became the University of Dundee on the first of August 1967.
in 1974 the University created a Faculty of Environmental Studies which validated degrees of the Schools of Architecture and Town and Regional Planning of Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art. by 1988 all degree courses offered at the College were validated by the University. This collaboration between the two institutions led to a formal merger of the College and the University with effect from 1 EyeThupha 1994 with the College becoming a Faculty of the University.
in 1995 the University was successful in securing, on a competitive basis, the contract from the Scottish Office Health Department for pre-registration nursing and midwifery education in Fife and Tayside. This led to Tayside College of Nursing and Fife College of Health Studies becoming part of the University from 1 EyoMsintsi 1996 as a single School of Nursing and Midwifery within the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry which was subsequently renamed, Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Nursing.
ngoDisemba 2001 the University merged with the Dundee campus of Northern College (of Education) to create the Faculty of Education and Social Work.
Uyafuna discuss University of Dundee ? nawuphi na umbuzo, izimvo okanye ncomo
Yabelana olu ulwazi kunye nabahlobo bakho
Join to discuss of University of Dundee.
NCEDA QAPHELA: EducationBro Magazine ukunika ukukwazi ukufunda ulwazi malunga kwiiyunivesithi ngelo 96 iilwimi, kodwa siyakucela ukuba ukuhlonipha amanye amalungu kwaye iikhomenti IsiNgesi.