- University of Dundee
University of Dundee
uhlamvu The University olwehlukanisa livela ikhono lethu ukuba yikho kokubili aspirational and down-to-emhlabeni. Siyakwazi ufane emhlabathini-breaking ophumelele nabanengqondo nge ngokoqobo.
Inyuvesi oboné izinguquko eziningi selokhu laba yisikhungo esizimele ngo 1967. Lokhu ukuzimela kulandela 70 Ubuhlobo unyaka ne-University of St Andrews, kodwa inhloso yethu ehamba uhlala.
Siye wasisho ngokuphindaphindiwe lesi Inhloso e Transformation yethu Vision. Yilokho esikwenzayo namuhla futhi yilokho senzile njalo. Lokho:
“uguqule izimpilo bangakini kanye nasemhlabeni jikelele ngokwakhiwa, ukwabelana nokusebenzisa ulwazi.”
Namuhla sicabanga lokhu Inhloso ngezindlela eziningi:
- ukuphumelela ngamalengiso e ukufundisa nokucwaninga;
- sandla le social, ukuphila kwezomnotho nezamasiko eScotland ebanzi;
- ekwakheni ikusasa ngokuxazulula izinkinga wangempela ezibalulekile.
Sihlose babe University eScotland anothile. Sifuna kube best at lokho esikwenzayo nalokho sikhetha ukwenzani, futhi waqaphela emhlabeni wonke ngenxa izinga abahlengikazi bethu kanye nomthelela yocwaningo lwethu.
Thina kuqhutshwa yisifiso ukuxazulula nezinselelo olutheni, futhi sizogxila imizamo yethu ezintweni ezintathu:
- Ukusebenzisa imithombo wembulunga yonke ngendlela esimeme
- Innovating ngokusebenzisa design
- Ukuthuthukisa impilo nenhlalakahle
Sizosebenza yonkana ndaba imingcele; ngokuletha ubuchwepheshe kanye ezahlukene nemibono. Lokhu kuzosenza sikwazi ukuyifinyelela nezindaba ezintsha, izindlela inselele futhi ithele. We ukuhlomisa abasebenzi bethu kanye nabafundi bethu ngezindlela ukudala umthelela wangempela, ukusiza nokuxazulula izinkinga zamazwe omhlaba kanye nokuguqula izimpilo.
- campus Izitolo: Indawo kanye uhlu ezitolo iyatholakala kwi campus seeCampus Map.
- Chaplaincy: The Chapel, ikhofi bar and lounge ayatholakala ukusetshenziswa imisebenzi, imicimbi, nemibukiso, amaqembu, izingqungquthela, izinkulumo kanye sekhefu nasemakhonsathini.
- Conference & zokuhlanganyela: Izakhiwo etholakalayo yokuqasha kuhlanganise isikhungo inkomfa, ukuqeqeshwa izakhiwo, amakamelo seminar, amakhaya, yaseshashalazini.
- DNA Ukulandelanisa Services – bheka Service Ukulandelanisa, School of Life Sciences
- (etholakalayo abafundi zangaphakathi kanye nabasebenzi kuphela).
- IT Suites kanye IT Facilities (etholakalayo yangaphakathi abafundi kanye nabasebenzi ukusetshenziswa kuphela).
- Library & Learning Centre: I LLC ine sites eziyisithupha oyinhloko 24/7 ukufinyelela academic e-imithombo kanye virtual yokufunda imvelo. abafundi, abasebenzi kanye nabangaphandle bemukelekile ukusebenzisa izinsiza LLC sika.
- Ezemidlalo Facilities: I-Institute for Sport and Ukuzivocavoca unikeza izakhiwo ngomvuzo yezemidlalo kanye nezinye izenzakalo isb. usuku ezemidlalo inkampani; seminar; ukuqeqeshwa isikwele sessions. Corporate ubulungu amaphakheji ayatholakala.
- Isiqophi Inkomfa Facilities.
izikole / amakolishi / iminyango / izifundo / amandla
School of Art and Design
- Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art & Design
School of Dentistry
- Undergraduate Studies
- Postgraduate Studies
School of Education and Work Social
School of Humanities
- Studies American
- Centre for Archive and Information Studies
- European Ucwaningo
School of Life Sciences
- Learning and Teaching
School of Medicine
- Clinical Skills Centre
- Cuschieri Skills Centre
- Medical Education Institute
- Centre for Legal & Forensic Medicine
- Division for PG Medical Education
- Division for UG Medical and Medical Sciences Education
- MEI – Support
School of Nursing and Health Sciences
- Undergraduate Studies
- Post Qualifying
School of Science and Engineering
- Centre for Anatomy and Human Identification
- I-Civil Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Onjiniyela bamakhemikhali
School of Social Sciences
- Accounting and Finance
- Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy
- Centre for Water Law, Policy and Science (under the auspices of UNESCO)
- Economic Studies
- Isayensi yezemvelo
- Ukuphathwa kanye Marketing
- Town and Regional Planning
The demand for a University in Dundee arose as part of a movement – common to many of the larger industrial centres of Britain at that time – for the extension of liberal education and the advancement of technical instruction.
Ngo 1881, largely because of the foresight and generosity of Dr John Boyd Baxter and Miss Mary Ann Baxter of Balgavies – distantly related members of a wealthy and influential local family – University College, Dundee, was founded as an independent academic institution for
‘promoting the education of persons of both sexes and the study of Science, Literature and the Fine Arts’.
Notwithstanding its independence, the College had no power to award degrees and for some years students were prepared for the external examinations of the University of London. Amongst the earlier teachers were men of great eminence -including (to give them their later titles):
- Sir William Peterson, the College’s first Principal, who was afterwards Principal of McGill University, Montreal;
- Sir Alfred Ewing, later Principal of Edinburgh University;
- Sir D’Arcy Thompson, the biologist;
- Sir Patrick Geddes, the botanist and town planner;
- and Sir William McCormick who was to become the first secretary of the Carnegie Trust, and later the first chairman of the University Grants Committee.
Ngo 1897 University College became part of the University of St Andrews. This union served to give expression to local feeling that there should be a vital connection between the old and the new in academic affairs, and that a venerable institution in a small town and a modern establishment in a large city might well complement each other in a manner advantageous to both.
Ngo 1954, consequent upon constitutional changes within the University of St Andrews, University College, with the gracious consent of Her Majesty the Queen, was renamed Queen’s College. These changes, which included the incorporation of the Dundee School of Economics in the College, though they improved its status substantially, left it as an integral part of the University of St Andrews. The rapidly increasing pressure upon university places in the years that followed and the evident need to expand the teaching and research facilities in Dundee, reinforced a local sentiment of long standing in favour of the elevation of the College to independent university status.
The Committee on Higher Education under the chairmanship of Lord Robbins recommended in its report to Parliament in October 1963 that
‘at least one, and perhaps two, of the new university foundations should be in Scotland’.
The Government approved the initiation of the processes necessary to create a university in Dundee, futhi 1964 the University Court of the University of St Andrews appointed an Academic Advisory Committee, under the chairmanship of Mr R. B. McCallum, the Master of Pembroke College, Oxford, to advise on the constitution of the proposed University and on the academic developments to be undertaken in it. Ngo 1966, on the basis of recommendations made by the Advisory Committee, the University Court and the Council of Queen’s College submitted a joint petition to the Privy Council seeking the grant of a Royal Charter to establish the University of Dundee. This petition was approved and, in terms of the Charter, Queen’s College became the University of Dundee on the first of August 1967.
Ngo 1974 the University created a Faculty of Environmental Studies which validated degrees of the Schools of Architecture and Town and Regional Planning of Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art. ngu 1988 all degree courses offered at the College were validated by the University. This collaboration between the two institutions led to a formal merger of the College and the University with effect from 1 August 1994 with the College becoming a Faculty of the University.
Ngo 1995 the University was successful in securing, on a competitive basis, the contract from the Scottish Office Health Department for pre-registration nursing and midwifery education in Fife and Tayside. This led to Tayside College of Nursing and Fife College of Health Studies becoming part of the University from 1 September 1996 as a single School of Nursing and Midwifery within the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry which was subsequently renamed, the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Nursing.
Ngo-December 2001 the University merged with the Dundee campus of Northern College (of Education) to create the Faculty of Education and Social Work.
Uyafuna discuss University of Dundee ? Noma yimuphi umbuzo, imibono noma ukubuyekezwa
Yabelana lokhu info okuwusizo nabangani bakho
Join to discuss of University of Dundee.
NGICELA UQAPHELE: EducationBro Magazine ikunika ikhono ukufunda ulwazi mayelana amanyuvesi at 96 izilimi, kodwa sikucela ukuba ahloniphe amanye amalungu kanye ushiye imibono ngesiNgisi.